Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Guest seanfox778
12 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

James Corden just is not funny. Not in the slightest. Irritating to the core. 

I did find his character in Gavin & Stacey funny but everything else I've seen him do is as you described. 

Racism/sexism/homophobism etc... are states of the mind; banning certain words and expressions solves nothing, if anything it takes these states underground and has a counter-productive effect on society.

vegans only become vegans as they think its cool.

The Moon landing didnt happen

Primary School teachers are glorified babysitters

Dominoes pizza is utter tripe the best thing about it is the garlic dip

The big tasty is actually better than most burgers in hipster burger restaurants.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Primary School teachers are glorified babysitters

I'm not sure about unpopular but that opinion is clearly unsubstantiated and pretty disrespectful to people who teach primary school kids. 

My wife is a primary school teacher and she works like a ****ing trooper day in / day out - not only teaching the little shits maths / english and whatever the **** else they need to know but also teaching them valuable life lessons that some of their lazy-ass parents can't be bothered to ****ing teach them.

You should probably reevaluate that opinion tbh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I'm not sure about unpopular but that opinion is clearly unsubstantiated and pretty disrespectful to people who teach primary school kids. 

My wife is a primary school teacher and she works like a ****ing trooper day in / day out - not only teaching the little shits maths / english and whatever the **** else they need to know but also teaching them valuable life lessons that some of their lazy-ass parents can't be bothered to ****ing teach them.

You should probably reevaluate that opinion tbh. 

my opinion - and having lived with a primary school teacher for 7 years i will stick by it thanks. They do work hard but so do babysitters. It's more the i finish at 3 and have to mark 20 papers which takes me time moan i used to hear. Its primary work if you dont know if off the top of your head then you shouldnt be a teacher.

Just now, goose2010 said:

my opinion - and having lived with a primary school teacher for 7 years i will stick by it thanks. They do work hard but so do babysitters. It's more the i finish at 3 and have to mark 20 papers which takes me time moan i used to hear. Its primary work if you dont know if off the top of your head then you shouldnt be a teacher.

despite having lived with a primary school teacher for 7 years you clearly have very little understanding of what they do. 

babysitters working hard ffs. yeah m8, just gonna sit here and watch TV for a few hours now that you've put your kid to bed. 

jeez. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Yes, all teachers are thick. Splendid observation m8.

Glory in the Lukaku thread to nonsense in here. /rolleyes

It you had observed and read the comment probably you'll see it says most rather than all.

A couple of secondary teachers I know are very smart, but a few I've met are very dim to say the least, sometimes even in the subjects they teach.

17 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

despite having lived with a primary school teacher for 7 years you clearly have very little understanding of what they do. 

babysitters working hard ffs. yeah m8, just gonna sit here and watch TV for a few hours now that you've put your kid to bed. 

jeez. 

i dont think you quite understand the title of the thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

It you had observed and read the comment probably you'll see it says most rather than all.

A couple of secondary teachers I know are very smart, but a few I've met are very dim to say the least, sometimes even in the subjects they teach.

Questioning the intelligence of primary school teachers based on your limited experience of meeting 'thick' secondary teachers doesn't make sense, either way.

Having met probably well into the hundreds of primary school teachers over the last 10 years through my wife, they are all of an adequate intelligence level to teach and look after primary school children.

My missus leaves home at 7am every ****ing day and doesn't get back until 6pm most nights. She spends chunks of her spare time preparing lessons / marking books / decorating classrooms, etc.

She not only teaches the required content to these kids but she also has to get involved with bullshit like toilet training and child abuse amongst other things. 

Comparing primary school teachers to babysitters like goose has done makes him sound absolutely full of shit on the subject tbh. 

Just now, lifted*fox said:

it perfectly thanks

Then you'll understand that not everyone is going to have the same opinion - i nearly flipped my lid when i saw someone say the Rolling Stones were overated! they cant be serious surely!

Just now, lifted*fox said:

not hit a nerve tbh mate - I just think it's a stupid opinion to hold.

domino's pizza is shit though so... 

Really shit! and dont get be started on Papa Johns their dip is even poor!

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Then you'll understand that not everyone is going to have the same opinion - i nearly flipped my lid when i saw someone say the Rolling Stones were overated! they cant be serious surely!

Really shit! and dont get be started on Papa Johns their dip is even poor!

I understand but someone saying RS are shit is a matter of taste - of course people disagree. Saying teachers are glorified babysitters just sounds like you've got an outlandish opinion that isn't based on anything solid at all. Trust me mate - sometimes I wish my wife was in a different profession - teaching (which she absolutely loves) is a significant drain on her energy, time and ability to contribute to other areas of our lives sometimes. But tbf, it gives her huge satisfaction and she wouldn't want to do anything else, so good for her.

Papa Johns is the better pizza - I've found that going thin-crust and switching out the cheese to their low fat variety helps reduce the greasiness and makes it much better. But yeah, **** their special garlic sauce - it tastes awful. How on earth a panel of taste-testers OK'd that to be the generic sauce they send out with every pizza I'll never ****ing know. Garlic b2b Herb all day long. 

• Like 1

Tbf it's not like intellectual prowess is a requirement for primary teachers given their subject matter.  Work ethic, patience, friendliness, social skills, mediation skills and even basic first aid are all surely far more important talents for that line of work.  If I were a parent I wouldn't care if a teacher failed their GCSE's as long as they know how to look after kids, teach them fairness and understand the basic stuff they're teaching my kids.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If only they got paid as much as babysitters.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbf it's not like intellectual prowess is a requirement for primary teachers given their subject matter.  Work ethic, patience, friendliness, social skills, mediation skills and even basic first aid are all surely far more important talents for that line of work.  If I were a parent I wouldn't care if a teacher failed their GCSE's as long as they know how to look after kids, teach them fairness and understand the basic stuff they're teaching my kids.

good point well made tbh as well. 

most of what teachers at primary level do (I think) is work that is pre-defined by text-books, etc. it's then down to the teacher how they present that information in lesson format. 

as you've mentioned - teachers have to do SO much more than convey the basics of maths, english, science, religion, etc. they have to teach classes of (sometimes) 35/40+ kids to treat each other respectfully, without prejudice; without being sick on the floor or shitting themselves. they have to look out for signs of abusive parents at home and work with authorities to stop it. 

some of the kids that rock up in reception don't know not to piss in their pants ffs. some parents just don't care - who's there to right that? people like my wife. 

so yeah, alright - I got a bit shitty about goose's comment, but not without reason. 

this whole - they get big holidays stuff - yeah they do, but they ****ing need it because their jobs are filled with shit and emotion and tiredness. 

the teachers helping to grow your kids into the world deserve a huge amount of respect - regardless of intelligence, they do that job because they want to help kids and that in itself is a valuable trait.