Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Guest seanfox778
11 hours ago, the fox said:

Cola in a glass bottle tastes a lot better than the one in a plastic bottle.

Would rather be punched than slapped in public.

I fined people who don't like cats strange.

I don't trust people who treat dogs badly, for me, it shows deep psychological problems, the dogs are already obedient if they are managed properly, hurting them to show "who is the big dog" only shows that you are living some kind of a fantasy and you are the "ruler" of your kingdom.

You can never love your parents as much as they love you.

Huh?

Guest seanfox778
8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Check out publichumiliation.com

But set private browsing, just in case.

I'm assuming such a site exists. 

That website does not exist but I got some surprising results whilst searching lol

Guest seanfox778
3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Haha I'm tempted to look it up. Do I need to be alone?

If you're not then you'll have your very own public humiliation. Like a dirty version of Inception.

Darts is shit. You can put it on sky sports, give it a snappy title, some catchy tunes and have hot women walking around but it's still darts and it's still boring as ****. In my view it isn't even a sport. Yes, darts takes exceptional hand eye skills but then so does calligraphy and the two require similar levels of physical exertion i.e. next to none. 

7 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I can't understand why we need gay pride days? We don't have heterosexual days and so can't see the need for gay days. 

I really think Leicester is an uncomfortable place to walk around, grim and full of poor people. 

Why must there be a need?

The gay community want to have them - how is that a problem to anyone else?

4 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Thats why the thread is called unpopular opinions that you hold. 

I get that (though I doubt it's an unpopular opinion).

I was wondering why you hold it, that's all.

Edited by Buce

16 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I can't understand why we need gay pride days? We don't have heterosexual days and so can't see the need for gay days. 

I really think Leicester is an uncomfortable place to walk around, grim and full of poor people. 

Good question. And the answer is that straight people have never been criminalized, sectioned, or worse, simply because of what their partner preference was (and is, in a great many areas of the world).

Straight people can be proud without repercussion 365 days of the year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Good question. And the answer is that straight people have never been criminalized, sectioned, or worse, simply because of what their partner preference was (and is, in a great many areas of the world).

I kind of see your point but there are plenty of persecuted people world wide on based religion, ethnicity, poverty, et al. Almost anyone who doesn't fit in with the perceived norm of whichever part of the world/society/politics they live amongst, are subjugated and oppressed or even murdered. It's gone on throughout history and will, unfortunately, continue as long as there are humans on this planet.

We don't have days for every oppressed minority, it's just for those that have the loudest voice/freedom of speech.

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I kind of see your point but there are plenty of persecuted people world wide on based religion, ethnicity, poverty, et al. Almost anyone who doesn't fit in with the perceived norm of whichever part of the world/society/politics they live amongst, are subjugated and oppressed or even murdered. It's gone on throughout history and will, unfortunately, continue as long as there are humans on this planet.

We don't have days for every oppressed minority, it's just for those that have the loudest voice/freedom of speech.

That's a very fair point. It's also why there are things like Black History Month and other cultural heritage events of similar kind in various places. Were this an ideal world, there would be no need for any of them. And there are an awful lot of voices that are still unheard.

However...I was answering why there need not be a "straight pride" day, and I think the answer stands in that regard s straight people have never faced persecution at any time in history for the reason that they are straight.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Well unless their straight partner is underage or at one time a different colour or caste or...

I hold my unpopular opinion as I think with the Gay Pride event and other such minority events that I would prefer they didn't happen, as if anything, it highlights differences between people , when really we should be looking at them being the same.

They fought to be treated the same, then they are doing something that highlights a difference, which I think doesn't help.

I mention the gay pride event purely as an example by the way. 

We are not destroying the world, we may be destroying each other or the world may be destroying us but in all liklihood the world will outlive man.

Man is insignificant and in time will cease to exist and be "forgotten".