Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

25 minutes ago, FIF said:

We are not destroying the world, we may be destroying each other or the world may be destroying us but in all liklihood the world will outlive man.

Man is insignificant and in time will cease to exist and be "forgotten".

It's unfortunate that this is an unpopular opinion (which is true) because it's also pretty much certain verifiable scientific fact.

37 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I hold my unpopular opinion as I think with the Gay Pride event and other such minority events that I would prefer they didn't happen, as if anything, it highlights differences between people , when really we should be looking at them being the same.

They fought to be treated the same, then they are doing something that highlights a difference, which I think doesn't help.

I mention the gay pride event purely as an example by the way. 

Yes ..  the great Gay wars of the late 18th century ...   my great grandad was involved in them ...   he actually won the VC when he and a few other brave men stormed a Lesbian machine gun nest and took it after being badly wounded ...   terrible times ...

(And yep, its been a lonnng day ... )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

However...I was answering why there need not be a "straight pride" day, and I think the answer stands in that regard s straight people have never faced persecution at any time in history for the reason that they are straight.

"Straight pride day" would easily be the shittest event to ever hit the planet, the only people I've heard talk about wanting it are blokes, so a huge park would be booked and it would only be attended by males all turning up with sexual urges and not a single female in sight.

Ironically it would look more queer than any gay pride event in history. 

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sometimes it's easier to communicate with strangers online about sensitive personal events etc than it is to talk to someone quite close to you about it..

C'mon then Wymes ...  tell your Uncle CF ...   what you been up to ?? ....    (I won't tell a soul).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Good question. And the answer is that straight people have never been criminalized, sectioned, or worse, simply because of what their partner preference was (and is, in a great many areas of the world).

Straight people can be proud without repercussion 365 days of the year.

I've got a mate who is straight, he should never be proud of what he picks up and sometimes, yes it boarders on criminal. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Almost all craft beer is shit. Our European cousins perfected beer centuries ago, simply adding ten thousand more hops and making everything taste like citrus isn't improving anything. 

Give me an aeons old German or Belgian beer than some hipster shit with a silly name any day. 

You're getting confused mate as those Belgian and German beers are craft beers. The hoppy American beers are just a style, like you I much prefer tripels  wheat beers etc. 

craft beer
noun
  1. a beer made in a traditional or non-mechanized way by a small brewery.
Edited by Unabomber

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You're getting confused mate as those Belgian and German beers are craft beers. The hoppy American beers are just a style, like you I much prefer tripels  wheat beers etc. 

craft beer
noun
  1. a beer made in a traditional or non-mechanized way by a small brewery.

I think we all know that when I (and most other people) say Craft Beer we're not talking about a bunch of silent monks grafting away in an abbey they've been maintaining for the last thousand years. 

We're talking about some bloke called Brett, with an immaculately styled beard and a lumberjack shirt, brewing some "IPA" (yeah right) called Old Dusty Shoe Valley in his bath tub somewhere in Ontario and shipping it round the world in 330ml brightly coloured tins to be served to equally hip "snobs"* as guest ales in pretentious burger joints** and Brew Dog. 

(*would drink cat piss and claim it was "zesty" if a badly handwritten blackboard told them it was £6.80 for a 250ml measure.) 

(**also shit, it's a ****ing bit of mince in a bun.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think we all know that when I (and most other people) say Craft Beer we're not talking about a bunch of silent monks grafting away in an abbey they've been maintaining for the last thousand years. 

We're talking about some bloke called Brett, with an immaculately styled beard and a lumberjack shirt, brewing some "IPA" (yeah right) called Old Dusty Shoe Valley in his bath tub somewhere in Ontario and shipping it round the world in 330ml brightly coloured tins to be served to equally hip "snobs"* as guest ales in pretentious burger joints** and Brew Dog

(*would drink cat piss and claim it was "zesty" if a badly handwritten blackboard told them it was £6.80 for a 250ml measure.) 

(**also shit, it's a ****ing bit of mince in a bun.)

Brew Dog actually make a couple of pretty good beers to be fair - although a lot of them are very heavy on the grapefruit. Grapefruit is the devils haemorrhoids and should be nowhere near beer!

4 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Brew Dog actually make a couple of pretty good beers to be fair - although a lot of them are very heavy on the grapefruit. Grapefruit is the devils haemorrhoids and should be nowhere near beer!

Ratebeer.com gives Brew Dog's "Tokyo*" 98%. That's voted for by beer "snobs" (see above) world wide. 

Ninety eight percent. 

It's a 16.5% abv "stout" served in 1/4 pint measures that tastes vaguely like petrol mixed with instant coffee and sewer water. One of the worst beer experiences of my life (granted I shouldn't have downed it but yknow.) 

Awful. 

19 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

I can't understand why we need gay pride days? We don't have heterosexual days and so can't see the need for gay days. 

I really think Leicester is an uncomfortable place to walk around, grim and full of poor people. 

If you've been to a gay pride march, as a participant or spectator, you'd realise it's a very inclusive, friendly and vibrant atmosphere.

It could be called Shit Pride day, Knitting Pride day, Straight Pride day or whatever for all I care.

When that is the reaction it gets, I say encourage it and join in :thumbup: