Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Just now, Strokes said:

I agree about Edinburgh though, we have some friends who live out there and we stop with them most summers and it’s great.

so much great architecture and history in one city. 

we ran up arthur's seat at 7am one morning and it was like you were a million miles away from any hustle and bustle but you were a 10 minute run away from the city. 

it's also not too busy and there's some great restaurants and bars. we found an amazing gin bar. 

everyone there was really polite and helpful. 

just seemed super chill. 

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Just a guess but I'm thinking they might have a hospital there.

Somebody has to deal with all the stabbings...

She has just landed a new post which she wouldn’t give up for the world mate, she has been trying to get it for the last 7 years. I’d get stabbed for suggesting it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

we ran up arthur's seat at 7am one morning and it was like you were a million miles away from any hustle and bustle but you were a 10 minute run away from the city. 

it's also not too busy and there's some great restaurants and bars. we found an amazing gin bar. 

just seemed super chill. 

I'd move to Scotland like a shot if it wasn't so fvcking cold.

Edited by Buce

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

just seemed super chill. 

Yeah, portobello is well nice too. I tried to get a place for the marathon there this year but I was too late with my entry shame as I had a guaranteed place from another one I entered. I’m going to do it 2019 though.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'd move to Scotland like a shot if it wasn't so fvcking cold.

I don't mind the cold weather too much. Tbf we did catch it when it was quite warm and very clear sunny days. Easy to fall for it when it's like that! 

They also had FOUR record shops in the city - that was me sold hah. 

Just now, Strokes said:

Yeah, portobello is well nice too. I tried to get a place for the marathon there this year but I was too late with my entry shame as I had a guaranteed place from another one I entered. I’m going to do it 2019 though.

i didn't know you were a runner.

i'm trying to get to half marathon distance at the moment lol 

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm guessing that must be a different Grove Street and I'm obviously missing something :D

From GTA San Adreas, home of the Grove Street families gang who I'd imagine are slightly behind the fiercest gangs in Hull.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

i didn't know you were a runner.

i'm trying to get to half marathon distance at the moment lol 

Yeah I’ve not done many races tbf, I did silverstone half and London 2017. I try but I wouldn’t say I’m fast though. Have you done many before?

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

just seemed super chill. 

We did the whiskey tour when we went there years ago which was really interesting.

https://www.scotchwhiskyexperience.co.uk/tour-experiences

There was an old dear working there stood by the entrance handing out shots to visitors and she's obviously had a few herself, staggering and slurring her words - but very friendly. It wasn't even midday :D

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's really not.

I'm from just outside of Sheffield, so not as far north as places like Middlesbrough but not too far from Hull, and I love the North of England. The people are far nicer, fvck the ignorants whenever I'm visiting London. There's so much great architecture, history and underrated places.... North Yorkshire is a beautiful part of the Country and York is one of the nicest Cities in the Country.

It depends where you go,  I visited goole recently and it felt like I was the first visitor to the town in the last 30 years. Strange place.

Just now, Strokes said:

It depends where you go,  I visited goole recently and it felt like I was the first visitor to the town in the last 30 years. Strange place.

Yeah man and there's places like that all over the Country. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The biggest shitholes I've been in are often parts of London, like being in the third World in some areas.

Just now, Fox92 said:

True but I think there are more the further North you go. Or at least it seems so. I agree with your original sentiment though, I’m much more comfortable up north than down south.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

True but I think there are more the further North you go. Or at least it seems so. I agree with your original sentiment though, I’m much more comfortable up north than down south.

I'm comfortable from the south coast to about Nottingham then there's a massive swathe I'm uncomfortable in then I get comfortable again when I get into Scotland. Weird. Also, I'm more comfortable if I stick to the coast in that northern part. And Manchester's cool. Basically I'm talking about Yorkshire.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah Goole is a bit strange tbf

Image result for are you local meme

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I'm comfortable from the south coast to about Nottingham then there's a massive swathe I'm uncomfortable in then I get comfortable again when I get into Scotland. Weird. Also, I'm more comfortable if I stick to the coast in that northern part. And Manchester's cool. Basically I'm talking about Yorkshire.

It’s not all like Leeds ya know....

Are you including Coventry in that because I feel like it’s like ‘the hills have eyes’ in Cov?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

It’s not all like Leeds ya know....

Are you including Coventry in that because I feel like it’s like ‘the hills have eyes’ in Cov?

Never been to Cov. It's weird I've spent my whole life hating a place I've never even visited. 

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

Never been to Cov. It's weird I've spent my whole life hating a place I've never even visited. 

It was totally flattened by the Luftwaffe and I swear they rebuilt it by just rearranging the rubble. 

And the natives? They call it Chaventry for a reason. 

• Haha 1