Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's really not.

I'm from just outside of Sheffield, so not as far north as places like Middlesbrough but not too far from Hull, and I love the North of England. The people are far nicer, fvck the ignorants whenever I'm visiting London. There's so much great architecture, history and underrated places.... North Yorkshire is a beautiful part of the Country and York is one of the nicest Cities in the Country.

"Its like going back 20 years" is a statement by people who live in London and don't venture further north than Watford gap and think places like Middlesbrough are full of council estate Coronation St like terraced hoses. 

“The people are nicer” is a proper cliche. There are some nice northerners but a lot of twats as well. Most of them are properly self-important and wear their local identity like a badge of honour. I’ve spent a lot of time in the north west and **** me, how do you know someone is from the north west? Because they tell you, over and over again, in as many different ways as they can think of, and somehow expect you to be impressed every single time. Give it a rest. Jesus. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

“The people are nicer” is a proper cliche. There are some nice northerners but a lot of twats as well. Most of them are properly self-important and wear their local identity like a badge of honour. I’ve spent a lot of time in the north west and **** me, how do you know someone is from the north west? Because they tell you, over and over again, in as many different ways as they can think of, and somehow expect you to be impressed every single time. Give it a rest. Jesus. 

Well I obviously didn't mean everyone is nice because, evidently, they aren't. Some of the most horrid people are from the area. But generally I believe it - I walk around London and people don't even smile.

As for "wear their local identity like a badge of honour" - that's a good thing, As I said in my original post there's a lot of history and we're proud of it. It's great.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well I obviously didn't mean everyone is nice because, evidently, they aren't. Some of the most horrid people are from the area. But generally I believe it - I walk around London and people don't even smile.

As for "wear their local identity like a badge of honour" - that's a good thing, As I said in my original post there's a lot of history and we're proud of it. It's great.

Nobody smiles at each other in any big city. Country bumpkins think that’s out of rudeness but actually it’s because in a city you are constantly surrounded by people so if you smiled at everyone you would never stop smiling, and ain’t nobody got time for that.

I don’t think the north of England has any more history than anywhere else, and in any case I don’t really get being proud of being from somewhere. Just don’t make sense to me but if someone else wants to feel that way then fine, crack on, just don’t ram it down my throat every two minutes like I’m supposed to care that you’re proud of being from Stockport or wherever. Nobody else cares, get over yourselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Nobody smiles at each other in any big city. Country bumpkins think that’s out of rudeness but actually it’s because in a city you are constantly surrounded by people so if you smiled at everyone you would never stop smiling, and ain’t nobody got time for that.

I don’t think the north of England has any more history than anywhere else, and in any case I don’t really get being proud of being from somewhere. Just don’t make sense to me but if someone else wants to feel that way then fine, crack on, just don’t ram it down my throat every two minutes like I’m supposed to care that you’re proud of being from Stockport or wherever. Nobody else cares, get over yourselves.

What/who on earth is your profile pic btw?

Makes me feel a bit sick every time I see it :blink:

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

What/who on earth is your profile pic btw?

Makes me feel a bit sick every time I see it :blink:

Cheddar man. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder why Rog chose it as his profile pic? I'd ask him but I think he's got me on ignore :D

I’m guessing it’s to wind up all the Little Englanders by reminding them their ancestors were dark skinned. 

2 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

people are nicer up north. dick head. 

• Haha 2

A great villain is better than a great hero for most stories/books/movies...etc. A villain who's relatable makes the story 10 times better. The kind of character who has redeeming qualities that makes you root for him silently while at the same time screaming "come on, man! don't do that".

"gray area" Main Characters are the best (aka anti-heroes)! A "Hero VS Villain" shtick isn't shoehorned in your face every 2 seconds. the MC isn't afraid of doing the dirty work and doesn't let shit slide by giving a smile while saying "hopefully that will teach you" instead of "this is the last lesson you'll ever learn". Too bad the industry isn't really focused on that type of characters (yeah, you can get a "punisher" every once in awhile but still).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Which winger do you think should take his place? Genuinely curious.

From the current squad I would put Gray on the wing there. We are not tall upfront and dont need the lofted ball in and I feel we would make a lot more from attacking runs into the box or low crosses. If its high crosses we need then Chillwell come come up more too.

Obviously there are issues with Gray's current level of performance and his seeming inability to release the ball when needed but i feel both of these would be solved quite simply. Gray has always performed better with space infront of him with the ball at his feet in a similar way to Mahrez. Releasing the ball will come with more time on the ball

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I work in London and will back you up there mate, I don't have a lot of time for people here. I find an awful lot of London folk are very self-obsessed and status is everything.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder why Rog chose it as his profile pic? I'd ask him but I think he's got me on ignore :D

You're not on ignore. I didn't answer because Buce had already answered.

Chose it because of its historical significance. I'll probably change it soon.

15 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You're full of shit. Its not about luxuries or whatever for the most part, for the vast majority it's a case of wages too low, house prices too high and even rental prices too high, stopping people from saving considerable amounts.

Rather than pretending its too many avocado sandwiches, perhaps you should look at shoeboxes costing £500pcm, people having to spend a third of their pay each month on rent (dead money) for something that, thanks to some landlords in parliament, doesn't even have to be habitable.

You're full of first world problems and sound too much like a spoilt brat for someone who obviously has an education and probably a job. If people can spend £650 on a phone when basically the same functions can be had for £50 (or free) then it's a luxury. Drinking and smoking and what you buy are all a choice. 

Not sure why you have a hang up about buying a house. When you buy one you'll find that they are expensive and you are tied to them, I certainly hope you get one soon. There are plenty of rentals bigger than a shoebox for less than £500pcm, perhaps you are too choosey there too. Really your whinging is irritating and this subject has been done to death. Move on.

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

People take the piss out of Hull but they've spent a lot of money on it over the last 10 years (city of culture and all that). The Marina area is really nice now.

The folk up there are good as gold and we were always made to feel really welcome. Only problem is it's a bit isolated but you can get to Scarborough, York and nice places within an hour.

I think Hull is pretty nice now, having said that it has always had charm.Whilst this mentality of London nice, everywhere else not nice continues it's no wonder that prices will be higher in London.

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's really not.

I'm from just outside of Sheffield, so not as far north as places like Middlesbrough but not too far from Hull, and I love the North of England. The people are far nicer, fvck the ignorants whenever I'm visiting London. There's so much great architecture, history and underrated places.... North Yorkshire is a beautiful part of the Country and York is one of the nicest Cities in the Country.

"Its like going back 20 years" is a statement by people who live in London and don't venture further north than Watford gap and think places like Middlesbrough are full of council estate Coronation St like terraced hoses. 

Lots of great cities and towns in the north. If the weather in England wasn't so cold and gray I'd happily live in the north. And agree with everyone else that Edinburgh is an extremely beautiful and pleasant city (unlike Glasgow).

Edited by Guest

We moved from the city (5klms from centre) to a rural town, the housing cost was 1/2 what it was in town, was able to cut working hours and enjoy life a whole lot more.

Basically im saying its up to us to decide the value of locations.

10 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

You're not on ignore. I didn't answer because Buce had already answered.

Chose it because of its historical significance. I'll probably change it soon.

How disappointing. 

I rather enjoyed the thought of you trolling the Little Englanders with it.