Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
09bballer

Carabao 4th round draw - Leeds (H)

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Helps if your going to be a smart arse that you are correct and deliver the goods and post the right link , otherwise you just look a right tit 

in your case a left and right tit 

as you are wrong and delivered the wrong link :nigel:

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Helps if your going to be a smart arse that you deliver the goods and post the right link , otherwise you just look a right tit 

in your case a left and right tit 

maybe you should state what your looking for, I've always found  difficulty reading the mind of a mindless person (i.e. you).... when not stating what it is exactly your looking for, you asked for any news, I've provided 2 pieces of news, the first you may have known, the second is very relevant to ticket news also.....but given the content of many of your posts, I refer you back to my first sentence this post. lol

9 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Could be a banana skin but hopefully we can book ourselves into the next round of the cup, if CS can get us playing back to fluidity attacking on the break strong at the back and back to our best think we can treat ourselves to another win!!

Got to love the Leeds fans tho app so underwhelmed that they have us in the fourth round and a couple already thinking they'll beat us and Tame Vardy !!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/that-was-an-anticlimax-leeds-united-fans-react-to-efls-latest-reveal/

lollol

"Time to show bandwagon fans".

They actually think they're big don't they. Haven't been in the top flight since 2004 and in that time spent about 4 years in tier three. Their history isn't even that impressive 3 top flight titles and an FA Cup... I just see them as another Forest. Villa are the biggest club in the Championship by an absolute distance.

6 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I must admit, I'm a bit surprised by the level of Leeds fans' optimism. It's impressive, in a way.

Appreciate they got a decent result at Burnley, but I'd like to think we're a different proposition at home, especially with a QF at stake. Fans of Championship clubs just don't know how much of a gulf there is between the divisions these days. Sheff United fans were confident they would beat us because of their home record and our reserves pumped them.

If we play remotely well, we win. No debate.

Esoecially considering Leeds will play their reserves again due to their fixture congestion that week. I couldn't name you 3 Leeds players, but they very confident. We will play Slimani, Gray, Chilwell, Dragovic, Okazaki, Iborra etc. These players dispatched a second string Liverpool side, so I have no doubt they will sweep aside Leeds  

If we turn up, we win, it's that simple.

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lollol

They actually think they're big don't they. Haven't been in the top flight since 2004 and in that time spent about 4 years in tier three. Their history isn't even that impressive 3 top flight titles and an FA Cup... I just see them as another Forest. Villa are the biggest club in the Championship by an absolute distance.

There are some truly overhyped clubs in the Championship, Sheffield Wednesday have won 1 League Cup since 1935. Spent the last 20 years bantering about in the 2nd & 3rd tier, but we're somehow supposed to respect them as a big club. Our history in the last 25 years is vastly superior to theirs but they have no problem callng us tinpot. Our attendances pisses all over theirs for the last 15 years.

I appreciate footbsll didn't start in 1992 and all that, but point still stands.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

There are some truly overhyped clubs in the Championship, Sheffield Wednesday have won 1 League Cup since 1935. Spent the last 20 years bantering about in the 2nd & 3rd tier, but we're somehow supposed to respect them as a big club. Our history in the last 25 years is vastly superior to theirs but they have no problem callng us tinpot. Our attendances pisses all over theirs for the last 15 years.

I appreciate footbsll didn't start in 1992 and all that, but point still stands.

Oh totally.

I hate the whole "oohhh we deserve to be in the Premier League because we're bigger than Bournemouth/Swansea/Watford", etc. 

I'll acknowledge a club with decent history, from Leeds to Blackburn, don't get me wrong but the arrogant attitude of some clubs' fans (particularly Leeds and Wednesday) pisses me off especially considering they've spent four/five years in League One.

Can we maybe focus on our own club and just ignore what others are saying about us?  I don't care, it doesn't make me support Leicester less, and it's just mindless in my opinion, and wishing ill on others, and so forth always makes me worry about karma.  

I actually prefer chatting to fans of other clubs and learning about them, rather than the old you're tinpot, blah blah blah.  

For what it's worth, Leeds have a pretty large and loyal fan base, Sheffield Wednesday are one of the oldest clubs in the country with some really good fans.  

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Can we maybe focus on our own club and just ignore what others are saying about us?  I don't care, it doesn't make me support Leicester less, and it's just mindless in my opinion, and wishing ill on others, and so forth always makes me worry about karma.  

I actually prefer chatting to fans of other clubs and learning about them, rather than the old you're tinpot, blah blah blah.  

For what it's worth, Leeds have a pretty large and loyal fan base, Sheffield Wednesday are one of the oldest clubs in the country with some really good fans.  

Of course Leeds have a large fan base, it's the fourth largest City in the Country with one club. 

Wednesday too. I don't like them but their support is superb, especially away from home.

But yeah you're right, this is a Leicester forum. Hope we  beat them and get through - this is a good chance of winning a trophy.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Of course Leeds have a large fan base, it's the fourth largest City in the Country with one club. 

Wednesday too. I don't like them but their support is superb, especially away from home.

That was my point, some others on this thread calling them tinpot because they called us plastic! lol

11 hours ago, FIF said:

No. Logic and common sense. a top 10 team in the prem should always beat a lower league team at home. Look at the facts and then get back to me.

Should is not the same as definite. Look at the dictionary (and indeed history) and then get back to me. 

Plus, we're not a top 10 team are we? 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

lollol

Villa :D:D Ermmm, apart from winning the league in 2015/16 your history is what exactly? Come on. I know you've won the league recently and everyone hates us but you cant knock our history lol

1 minute ago, Nige Leeds said:

Villa :D:D 

Eh, if your titles from back when childrens TV presenters weren't treated with immediate suspicion are being counted in club size, Villas title and European cup (y'know, the one they actually won ;)) count. Still, if you like history you must be enjoying playing Forest year in year out

All this talk about "big" clubs.   I suppose it all depends when you started watching football.

If you've only been watching it for a few years, you probably think Chelsea and Man City are "big" clubs.

A bit longer, and you'd think Man Utd or Arsenal were the best thing since sliced bread.

Go back to the late 70's through to late 80's and Liverpool were the best club in the land (by a mile).

But If you started watching football in the early 70's (as I did), then Leeds were THE team to beat.   By any definition they were a "big" team.

Obviously they've had a lean time of it recently, but I would put Leeds high up the "big club" rating.

57 minutes ago, Nige Leeds said:

Villa :D:D Ermmm, apart from winning the league in 2015/16 your history is what exactly? Come on. I know you've won the league recently and everyone hates us but you cant knock our history lol

You've got a decent history but not brilliant. Nothing like Villa who have got about 8 league titles, 7 FA Cups and a European Cup.

I wasn't drawing comparisons to us, I know we're not a big club but I don't need fans of a club who haven't been in the top flight for thirteen years telling me.

Archived