Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
09bballer

Carabao 4th round draw - Leeds (H)

Rest assured that we (Leeds) will play a weakened/reserve team.  Only two first team starters played against Burnley and they were both played out of position.

I get the feeling that Christiansen does want to win the games and have a cup run but also sees it as a chance to see how the fringe players will get on.  This sort of fixture is ideal, a real test of their credentials.

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

Last time we played them we beat them at their place with Nugent scoring a late winner (89th minute?). Can't remember what the score was at our place that season.

0-0, first home game of the season, live on telly. Absolutely awful game and one of the only times I think Leeds didn't sell out at our place. 

56 minutes ago, Nige Leeds said:

Not as legendary as this :P

Looking forward to this one, hopefully a few of your fans will turn up and we get a decent ticket allocation

Haha memories :rolleyes:

I hope so mate it's a proper cup tie. Should be a decent atmosphere and I'm sure your boys will be up for it too

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Last time we played them we beat them at their place with Nugent scoring a late winner (89th minute?). Can't remember what the score was at our place that season.

Absolutely robbed them that game, remember watching it in a pub in Sheffield with a load of Bradford fans. It was a very happy pub when Nuge scored :D

For some reason I thought it was Phillips who scored but maybe he set it up?

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Absolutely robbed them that game, remember watching it in a pub in Sheffield with a load of Bradford fans. It was a very happy pub when Nuge scored :D

For some reason I thought it was Phillips who scored but maybe he set it up?

Phillips dummied it didn't he 

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Phillips dummied it didn't he 

"It took Kevin Phillips just a dozen minutes to have his first influence on Leicester's promotion bid and he did not touch the ball in the process. Thrust from the bench for the final quarter of an hour, it was the 40-year-old's canny step-over that manufactured space for his fellow forward David Nugent to poke in a late winner."

Indeed indeed! I'm glad I wasn't going crazy thinking he'd had a part in it haha.

3 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

Should beat them, seen Leeds in pre season friendly against Oxford as my mate supports them. Leeds looked pretty good footballing side, that roofe is some player for them.

Really?  Roofe is well down the list if you ranked our better players.  Not even in the top ten.  He can be good on his day but still has some way to go to justify a starting place in the team for me.

3 hours ago, Nige Leeds said:

Looking forward to this one, hopefully a few of your fans will turn up and we get a decent ticket allocation

You’ll get the standard 3,200(ish) allocation.

It’s been a while since we played you lot, sure to be a good atmosphere and a decent chance of us making the quarter-finals, so I’m guessing it will be near enough a sell-out.

Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

The random leeds fans who dont live or from leeds dont have family from leeds are the worst type! lol 

Meh.  I spent 5 years in Headingly without being a student :P  (Lots of anti-Rhino's graffiti, even though they won everything :Plol - I think the force of their reverse psychology strategy must be stronger up there?)

2 hours ago, Pub breath said:

Really?  Roofe is well down the list if you ranked our better players.  Not even in the top ten.  He can be good on his day but still has some way to go to justify a starting place in the team for me.

Looked one of your better players for when I watched against Oxford but then again it was just pre season and against his old side maybe wanted to impress. Also you wernt playing a full strength side either.

Archived