Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

I was skeptical about this game but it's pretty good! Managed 15th in my second solo game just by sneaking up behind people. First encounter just after we landed one guy near me both picked up AR's but managed to get him and luckily he'd picked up a chug jug too! Got taken out by a rocket launcher just as I was about to pick up a minigun from a supply drop that landed next to the bush I was hiding in lol Decided to watch the rest of the game to understand what to build etc

Edited by anotherharboroughfox
  • Like 1

Last night was hilarious, my cousin came round and he had a go on fortnite. He has only played a handful of times so he is very much a novice.

Went in a squad game and all his team mates died relatively early. He spent his time hiding in bath tubs and bushes as I needed to complete the challenge of finishing 12th in squads. As the circle got smaller he kept making his way to the circle and hiding in bushes and behind rocks.

Gets to 9 people left, he is hiding in a bush, the circle is really small. A squad walks right passed him with one bloke walking directly into the bush he was hiding in, he just stood there then carried on walking lol. They meet the other squad so it was a 4 on 4 fight and I was coaching my cousin through it. Told him to stay put and let them fight it out. The circle was really small at this point so I told him to get in there and hide whilst the others were fighting. Only 1 rock was in the circle so he hid behind it. Now its 1 vs 4. I told him just wait for them to come to him, I saw one bloke crawling and one bloke running towards my cousin, so with his green pump he jumps around the rock and head shots him for the kill. VICTORY ROYALE lol. The rest of his teammates must have been knocked so it left one person running around. We were pissing ourselves laughing. The bloke running had a rocket launcher and managed to hit my cousin but it didn't kill him. Had I think 36 health left when he head shotted him.

This is why I love this game. It doesn't matter if you are a pro or a first time player. You can still win, whether you are a run and gunner with 10 kills or you just hide and take the last kill for the win.

My cousin finished with 1 kill and 165 damage to players lol 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Last night was hilarious, my cousin came round and he had a go on fortnite. He has only played a handful of times so he is very much a novice.

Went in a squad game and all his team mates died relatively early. He spent his time hiding in bath tubs and bushes as I needed to complete the challenge of finishing 12th in squads. As the circle got smaller he kept making his way to the circle and hiding in bushes and behind rocks.

Gets to 9 people left, he is hiding in a bush, the circle is really small. A squad walks right passed him with one bloke walking directly into the bush he was hiding in, he just stood there then carried on walking lol. They meet the other squad so it was a 4 on 4 fight and I was coaching my cousin through it. Told him to stay put and let them fight it out. The circle was really small at this point so I told him to get in there and hide whilst the others were fighting. Only 1 rock was in the circle so he hid behind it. Now its 1 vs 4. I told him just wait for them to come to him, I saw one bloke crawling and one bloke running towards my cousin, so with his green pump he jumps around the rock and head shots him for the kill. VICTORY ROYALE lol. The rest of his teammates must have been knocked so it left one person running around. We were pissing ourselves laughing. The bloke running had a rocket launcher and managed to hit my cousin but it didn't kill him. Had I think 36 health left when he head shotted him.

This is why I love this game. It doesn't matter if you are a pro or a first time player. You can still win, whether you are a run and gunner with 10 kills or you just hide and take the last kill for the win.

My cousin finished with 1 kill and 165 damage to players lol 

Sounds similar to our first win when we hid and i died last 6 then you landed the perfect headshot with the blue bolt action to gain my first ever win (albeit i wasn't involved)!

I have since won a duo with my friend where we were 2v2 and it was a loot lake finish, we were hiding but he got gunned down and i delivered a 1v2 which felt awesome!

Man i love this game...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

Sounds similar to our first win when we hid and i died last 6 then you landed the perfect headshot with the blue bolt action to gain my first ever win (albeit i wasn't involved)!

I have since won a duo with my friend where we were 2v2 and it was a loot lake finish, we were hiding but he got gunned down and i delivered a 1v2 which felt awesome!

Man i love this game...

Loot Lake pisses me me off, hate ending up anywhere near there as it's a nightmare to get around/through. Same with Moisty Mire.

Scoped Assault Rifle is brilliant! 

1 hour ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

Please teach me, i am beyond useless with it

For which weapon?

For the scoped I use it like a sniper and only when crouched and scoped in. Never near people cus its shit for that.

Crossbow you just have to practice. Not sure how else you can learn that, mostly its just knowing how the arrow will drop.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I cant seem to get my 2nd solo win. Last 3 games I have finished 2nd, 2nd and 3rd. Getting really angry with myself. I just cant seem to hit anyone when it comes to the crunch. My accuracy just disappears. grrrrr

Messed up a couple yesterday and ended up coming second. So frustrating when you play the perfect game and then freeze. I’m on 11 solo wins but must’ve come 2nd at least 30-40 times

I've come 2nd countless times and only won once, although I've only played 3 or 4 matches since I did win. Annoyingly I got to play 2 matches last night - got to the final 3 in one game and managed to take a lot of health off of one guy, got sniped by the other one who then finished off the bloke I was shooting. Was kicking myself that I didn't go into hiding while they fought it out 

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Is there going to be any new weapons/areas on the map or is it just paid costumes?

New desert eagle type gun but no new areas that I know of. Going for a space type theme for this season by the looks of it.

Don’t think there’s any real room for new places really

33 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

New desert eagle type gun but no new areas that I know of. Going for a space type theme for this season by the looks of it.

Don’t think there’s any real room for new places really

I didn't think the map needed updating, just wondered as I can't find any info on it other than costumes and I don't bother with them. Just wish I had more of a chance to play the game!

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I didn't think the map needed updating, just wondered as I can't find any info on it other than costumes and I don't bother with them. Just wish I had more of a chance to play the game!

I binge play it when I get the chance. Stupidly addictive

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I binge play it when I get the chance. Stupidly addictive

Same, but with working full time, having a dog to walk and the missus having injured her back and me having to do all the chores round the house for the last 3 weeks I'm lucky if I can get on twice a week at the moment. I might start setting an alarm for 3am so I can get downstairs and play it

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

Just came 2nd for the first time ever in Solo. Literally went most of the game without seeing anybody. Didn’t even get one kill lol

When I realised I was in the final 2 my heart was pounding. Seen the opponent building his base so like the twat I am instead on stalking him quietly, I decided to shoot my grenade launcher at his base. At that point he pulled out his rocket launcher and started firing shots which didn’t manage to kill me. He comes on the floor and I switch to my blue shotgun and get two shots on him before he then puts a rocket through me.

So god damn close to winning!

• Like 2