Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

Finally won my 2nd solo yesterday. Its taken me ages. Problem is I did it round my cousins house so the stat is on his PS4. When I got home I went online again and won my 3rd solo lol. 2 wins in 1 day. Bonus.

I only have 1 more challenge. The crossbow elimination. Ive knocked 2 people with the crossbow but because somebody then finishes them off I don't complete the challenge. So bloody difficult to do the crossbow challenge. lol 

Finally getting the hang of building on this.

These 20 person team games are mad though. Me and a couple of mates place our markers somewhere quite away from the bus' route (usually Greasy Grove or Salty Springs) early in waiting area and then the rest of the team usually follows and advances all together, we had a good few wins doing that last night. The carnage when pretty much everyone lands at Tilted is ridiculous though.

We also had me and a mate in bushes against 17 people on one team last night lol

Edited by anotherharboroughfox

53 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Not sure what to make of this Blitz mode. All I seem to find is White burst/White AR. Never have chance to loot anywhere with the rapid circle. I keep forgetting about the storm and before I know it i'm stuck in the storm and i'm miles away lol 

I like it, got the flush factory chests done as nobody landed due to the storm coming in. Apart from getting challenges done its fast paced, more loot everywhere and you get more resources. Its a good game type something you can play quickly. I'm sure you'll get use to it and enjoy it. 

29 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Any good tips for console players? 

Tips would be go to busy areas practise your shooting if your not that great. After that go to more secluded areas chop some trees down and practise building. Best tip if someone shoots you is to quickly smash the panic walls around you as it will protect you from shots. Other tip look where the bus is going and look on the map where people might not go as they might deem it as too far. 

With your gun loadout if playing solo have 2 spots saved for shields and health, other 3 for guns. If in a team designate someone who will keep hold of shields and one for health so not everyone is using spaces just get them to stack the shields etc.

Last tip when shooting aim for the head you get damage multipliyers especially effective with the pump or tactical shotgun because of the damage outlay they have, also with shotguns wherever your bullet lands all shells go to that location there isn't a spread so if you aim for the head all shells hit that location. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Any good tips for console players? 

Creep everywhere, only run if you need to. Creeping makes little to no noise, making it much harder for others to know your whereabouts if they can't see you.

Use your camera to look around every now and then. If you have even the slightest feeling you're being watched, you probably are. Clinging to walls and peering round corners using the camera is a good way to look around without breaking cover

Land somewhere far away from the bus flyby, less chance of landing near others so more opportunity for loot.

Loot as many chests as you can. Listen out for them, they are often in attics in houses and dotted about in other places. Check ammo boxes, they are usually hidden under stairs in buildings, or on shelving racks. Don't forget to check roofs for items

Be mindful of your inventory at all times. Personally I'll keep 2/3 slots for weapons, and the rest for healing items. Ideally I'll have an assault rifle/SCAR as my main weapon, one range weapon (crossbow/sniper/scoped AR) and one fort-destroyer (minigun/rocket launcher/grenade launcher).

Be aware that building and resource-collecting create a lot of noise and attention

Standard pistol is useless, only pick up if you literally can't find any other weapon

I tend to stick as close to the storm as possible, less chance of being spotted. If you do the same, just be mindful of how quickly the storm will move, and if you can, circle the edge of the storm until you're at a point where the edges are nearer so you'll have less chance of being caught in it

If you are caught in the storm, note that throughout the match it saps health quicker. To start it's one HP per second, but later in the game it might 10+. You can use the storm to your advantage though - if you have enough healing items and can see action going on ahead that you want to stay out of, change course through the storm and heal when you're somewhere safe. Just keep an eye on your health bar

Listen out for rockets. They are way overpowered and will kill you if they impact anywhere near you. Luckily they move pretty slow so if you hear one, look around and if it's heading toward you just put a quick wall up to negate it

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Based on my play through tonight just to see what all the fuss is about, don't bother.

I didn't like it.

Mind you I'd just come off Bloodborne so my patience was already wearing thin...

I felt the same on my first go. Keep playing and im sure you will enjoy it

Won my ninth solo match with a massive stroke of luck! 3 left, 2 in towers, me hiding amongst the trees. 2nd place kills third place with a rocket launcher. His tower had started off as a bridge coming off a mountain so I just ran under it to plan my next move. He must have made a trap door and fell through it cause he just plummeted, only needed to land one shot with an assault rifle and did it, laughed so hard after that

On 3/20/2018 at 23:43, Legend_in_blue said:

Based on my play through tonight just to see what all the fuss is about, don't bother.

I didn't like it.

Mind you I'd just come off Bloodborne so my patience was already wearing thin...

if you're playing on your own, i'd recommend doing squads with friends. Dont like solo as much as squads

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Same. Blitz is actually brilliant.

Up to 3 wins now.

I think there's an opportunity they could do a Blitz mode but maybe for 50 people and it takes place on the island you spawn on before the bus takes off, just for 5 minute matches, that might be fun. Limited resources so less about building, more just about quick shootouts