Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

The games where I get 6 or 7 kills I finish 2nd or 3rd but the games where I get 3 or 4 I tend to win

Same - most of the games I've won I haven't even killed anyone except for 2nd place. The few times I've got more than 5 kills I've never won

Does anyone know when season 3 ends? I've heard it might be tomorrow. Annoyingly I've completed all the weekly challenges and am only up to tier 94, I don't want to buy the rest of the tiers but I'm not going to level up enough to unlock 100 if it's before Thursday 

51 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Same - most of the games I've won I haven't even killed anyone except for 2nd place. The few times I've got more than 5 kills I've never won

Does anyone know when season 3 ends? I've heard it might be tomorrow. Annoyingly I've completed all the weekly challenges and am only up to tier 94, I don't want to buy the rest of the tiers but I'm not going to level up enough to unlock 100 if it's before Thursday 

I just went online and it says Season 3 ends in 18 hours so looks like tomorrow. No point wasting money to unlock John Wick when there will be loads of new skins coming in Season 4.

The lvl 100 challenge is just to unlock a glider which is crap. I had it equipped but it makes a horrid noise when spamming X to get across the map. So I wouldn't worry about getting to lvl 100.

34 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I just went online and it says Season 3 ends in 18 hours so looks like tomorrow. No point wasting money to unlock John Wick when there will be loads of new skins coming in Season 4.

The lvl 100 challenge is just to unlock a glider which is crap. I had it equipped but it makes a horrid noise when spamming X to get across the map. So I wouldn't worry about getting to lvl 100.

Cool, cheers

What's the point in spamming the glider/skydive toggle? I see people do it but I thought it was just for the funny noises

5 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Cool, cheers

What's the point in spamming the glider/skydive toggle? I see people do it but I thought it was just for the funny noises

I do this when I’m trying to land somewhere far from the bus route. Seems as if your gliding/moving quicker in the air rather than just gliding to try and push as far out as possible.

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Cool, cheers

Some people think it gets you across the map quicker... it’s doesn’t lol... when I’m playing squads with my mates they all do it whilst I just pop my glider out as soon as I jump, we all get to the destination at the same time but they still won’t have it lol 

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Some people think it gets you across the map quicker... it’s doesn’t lol... when I’m playing squads with my mates they all do it whilst I just pop my glider out as soon as I jump, we all get to the destination at the same time but they still won’t have it lol 

Yeah I thought that, tried it myself a couple of times but it made no difference. I think the camera might move ever so slightly to give the impression of speed but if you keep your eye on the arrow on the minimap it doesn't change speed if you keep the trajectory the same

Months ago I noticed some people used to pan the camera down, up, down, up and bob in an attempt to gain speed. The trick is to just keep a straight line and only glide for as long as you have to

17 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Cool, cheers

To get across the map, If you want to start on the other side of the map just keep pressing X, Helps you get across the map without losing too much altitude. Then using the squares on the map you can judge when to start descending so you land at your destination perfectly.

Its a good way if you want more of a chance to land on your own so you can loot chests unopposed. I always tend to like getting my load out and 100 shield before I find the first person.

EDIT* Spamming X does work, but generally where the battle bus goes you can reach say 80% of the destinations without spamming anyway, its more for if the battle bus is coming across on one side of the map and you want to get to the opposite side

Edited by kingcarr21

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

To get across the map, If you want to start on the other side of the map just keep pressing X, Helps you get across the map without losing too much altitude. Then using the squares on the map you can judge when to start descending so you land at your destination perfectly.

Its a good way if you want more of a chance to land on your own so you can loot chests unopposed. I always tend to like getting my load out and 100 shield before I find the first person.

EDIT* Spamming X does work, but generally where the battle bus goes you can reach say 80% of the destinations without spamming anyway, its more for if the battle bus is coming across on one side of the map and you want to get to the opposite side

...I don't understand, if you open the glider as soon as you jump, you can stay in the air for about 3 or 4 minutes, plenty of time to land anywhere regardless of where the bus route goes

13 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

...I don't understand, if you open the glider as soon as you jump, you can stay in the air for about 3 or 4 minutes, plenty of time to land anywhere regardless of where the bus route goes

But then you land really late and if the circle isn't nice to you by the time you land you wont have time to loot. You need to get to ground as soon as possible.

Just tried out the new update. They have ruined my loot run by adding Risky Reels. Dusty depot is now Dusty Divot, Moisty is now a built up movie set and there is a mansion under Lonely lodge.

From first impressions it looks an interesting update. 

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just tried out the new update. They have ruined my loot run by adding Risky Reels. Dusty depot is now Dusty Divot, Moisty is now a built up movie set and there is a mansion under Lonely lodge.

From first impressions it looks an interesting update. 

There’s also a new mansion beside lonely lodge that has a pretty cool bunker underneath

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Love the new update

Recently just started being pretty good at this game. Used to lose most shotgun battles but I am smashing them right now.

They've done something to the accuracy, I'm winning far more one-on-ones tonight

The new map is brilliant... It's the same but different. Dusty Divot is great for a skirmish, Risky Reels has a good limit to cover. Moisty Mires could have done with a few more buildings but is a massive improvement. I like how different the new buildings feel, that basement at the new mansion near Lonely Lodge is proper James Bond shit. I also like having a load of new challenges, and that the new Battle Pass can be bought with V Bucks

I even like that the loading island is now destructable

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

They've done something to the accuracy, I'm winning far more one-on-ones tonight

The new map is brilliant... It's the same but different. Dusty Divot is great for a skirmish, Risky Reels has a good limit to cover. Moisty Mires could have done with a few more buildings but is a massive improvement. I like how different the new buildings feel, that basement at the new mansion near Lonely Lodge is proper James Bond shit. I also like having a load of new challenges, and that the new Battle Pass can be bought with V Bucks

I even like that the loading island is now destructable

Epic games are just blowing other games companies out of the water at the moment

15 hours ago, dbtcity said:

There’s also a new mansion beside lonely lodge that has a pretty cool bunker underneath

Love the new mansion as you can glide into the secret entrance so you start in the basement. Have you been to the secret bunker in the mountain East of Snobby? That place is mint, and there is a secret bunker in Salty Springs in one of the houses.

Loving the new update. The Carbide skin is cool

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Love the new mansion as you can glide into the secret entrance so you start in the basement. Have you been to the secret bunker in the mountain East of Snobby? That place is mint, and there is a secret bunker in Salty Springs in one of the houses.

Loving the new update. The Carbide skin is cool

No I’ve not been in either of those bunkers I’ll check them out today, they’ve converted 1 of the units in the industrial estate beside flushed into a bar as well... keep finding loads of little tweaks 

5 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

No I’ve not been in either of those bunkers I’ll check them out today, they’ve converted 1 of the units in the industrial estate beside flushed into a bar as well... keep finding loads of little tweaks 

If you fly over the mountain you will see a rocket sticking out the top. I've only been once and I found a purple scar so it is now called Scar Base lol. Then the mansion the first time my mate went there he found a gold scar so that's now Gold Scar Mansion lol.

That nightclub is good, found a few chests there. Love finding little secrets. There is a TV studio East of Junk Junction and North of Grimsby (the 4 derelict houses, so a shithole, hence the name Grimsby lol) as well which has replaced the house.

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Went on last night played about 9 games and got 1 kill in total, looks like they've changed the accuracy or something. Kept getting one hit by people with tactical shotguns too. Will go on again tonight to try and get used to it, feels like it has slight changed.

I said the same re a change... I kept getting wrecked by people with ARs which never used to happen... I was the same with getting killed/Kills but mainly due to the fact I was dropping in all the hot spots for challenges ie flushed/Haunted or the new parts

4 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I said the same re a change... I kept getting wrecked by people with ARs which never used to happen... I was the same with getting killed/Kills but mainly due to the fact I was dropping in all the hot spots for challenges ie flushed/Haunted or the new parts

Went on earlier, yeah still feels different. Had a purple heavy shotgun, hit a bloke twice, about 69 damage each time, he had a pump and one shot me! I was fuming!

I do like the layout of the new map though, it's good that they're changing it up a bit.

On 01/05/2018 at 17:16, lgfualol said:

Love the new update

Recently just started being pretty good at this game. Used to lose most shotgun battles but I am smashing them right now.

Same here. My aim has improved dramatically and I now win near enough every shotgun battle I’ve been in today.

Love the update.