Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

22 minutes ago, Xen said:

It definitely works, as its how I did it yesterday. It doesn't need to knock them down, just deal the finishing blow. I'm not 100% sure it works if someone else knocks them, though, so possibly thats why it didn't work for you?.

Head into 50v50 and it's even easier, you just have to hope that one of your teammates doesn't finish them off before you lay the trap, so it might take a few attempts.

Now that it's 75 damage, though, you might want to hit them with your pickaxe a couple times first, otherwise the trap might not kill them off.

Yeah maybe I just didn't do it right before. Ill give it another go later. Thanks

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

It definitely works, as its how I did it yesterday. It doesn't need to knock them down, just deal the finishing blow. I'm not 100% sure it works if someone else knocks them, though, so possibly thats why it didn't work for you?.

Head into 50v50 and it's even easier, you just have to hope that one of your teammates doesn't finish them off before you lay the trap, so it might take a few attempts.

Now that it's 75 damage, though, you might want to hit them with your pickaxe a couple times first, otherwise the trap might not kill them off.

If you build a fort around the victim the trap should reactivate every 5 or so seconds so will finish them off eventually (so long as someone doesn't come to their rescue). No pickaxe required, you don't want to accidentally finish them with the pickaxe!

Another trick for when the 500 damage with explosions challenge reappears - collect C4s, hide somewhere and surround yourself with them behind a door. Only takes one person but if you hit them enough C4 it'll count over 500 damage for just one kill!

28 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If you build a fort around the victim the trap should reactivate every 5 or so seconds so will finish them off eventually (so long as someone doesn't come to their rescue). No pickaxe required, you don't want to accidentally finish them with the pickaxe!

Another trick for when the 500 damage with explosions challenge reappears - collect C4s, hide somewhere and surround yourself with them behind a door. Only takes one person but if you hit them enough C4 it'll count over 500 damage for just one kill!

In 50v50, though, health goes down much quicker whilst knocked (I think) , so I don't think the trap would reactivate in time... Haven't tested it though, so you might be right. 

For the explosive damage task self-inflicted damage counts as well, so it ends up being one of the easiest challenges if you don't mind sacrificing yourself once or twice :)

1 hour ago, Xen said:

In 50v50, though, health goes down much quicker whilst knocked (I think) , so I don't think the trap would reactivate in time... Haven't tested it though, so you might be right. 

For the explosive damage task self-inflicted damage counts as well, so it ends up being one of the easiest challenges if you don't mind sacrificing yourself once or twice :)

Really? Wish I knew that before I completed it by having to lob grenades here, there and everywhere lol 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Really? Wish I knew that before I completed it by having to lob grenades here, there and everywhere lol 

I don't think I've injured anyone except myself with the grenades, they're rubbish and really easy to avoid if people are using them against you

31 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't think I've injured anyone except myself with the grenades, they're rubbish and really easy to avoid if people are using them against you

The grey grenades are awful, agreed. The sticky grenades on the other hand can be fantastic - have a lot of fun with those in the 50v50 mode towards the end. Haven't quite got the range figured out yet to be comfortable using them in solos, though.

Wouldn't surprise me if the grey grenades get vaulted soon, possibly with C4 as well. If not, they should reclassify the C4 as green and *maybe* put clingers to blue.

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Getting to grips with switching weapons mainly shotguns whilst in a fight has been a game changer for me, I feel so much more confident when said time arrives

Yeah I always make sure my healing items are last on the loadout, the amount of gunfights I used to get into in a panic then end up accidentally using a potion while being shot at lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah I always make sure my healing items are last on the loadout, the amount of gunfights I used to get into in a panic then end up accidentally using a potion while being shot at lol

100% me a few weeks back lol 

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This "find the center of storm circles" challenge is bloody hard

Agreed it’s the 1 challenge I’ve still got to do, there’s been a few times I’ve gone to the centre and struggled to even find it... you’d think it would appear on the map 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Agreed it’s the 1 challenge I’ve still got to do, there’s been a few times I’ve gone to the centre and struggled to even find it... you’d think it would appear on the map 

Same, there is a tiny ray of light from it but it's not strong enough. I played squads earlier and got two but then we got nuked by a good squad before we could get near the third one

I got really lucky when doing that challenge and got it first attempt. Solos, Bus came in from the south west, and I got distracted briefly so ended up dropping late and going towards wailing woods. First circle was just east of t-town, and managed to get two kills in the process, then the circle kept moving up towards risky reels. Hid in a shack for a few minutes and sprinted to the final circle centre, then almost instantly got killed haha. 

So glad I got lucky with it early on. Seems like one of the hardest challenges they've put in since they started doing weeklies. 

12 hours ago, Xen said:

I got really lucky when doing that challenge and got it first attempt. Solos, Bus came in from the south west, and I got distracted briefly so ended up dropping late and going towards wailing woods. First circle was just east of t-town, and managed to get two kills in the process, then the circle kept moving up towards risky reels. Hid in a shack for a few minutes and sprinted to the final circle centre, then almost instantly got killed haha. 

So glad I got lucky with it early on. Seems like one of the hardest challenges they've put in since they started doing weeklies. 

Finally did it! Luckily the first wasn't far from where my squad landed (from luck), and the next two were in the open and fairly easy to spot, glad that one's out the way

• Like 1

Leaked week 5 challenges 

All easy enough,  dusty divot will be a ball ache and the light machine gun one could be too. 

• Deal 500 damage with SMGs to opponents – 5 Stars
  • Search seven Chests in Dusty Divot – 5 Stars
  • Use a jetpack – 5 Stars
  • Search seven Gravity Stones – 5 Stars
  • Follow the treasure map found in Greasy Grove – 10 Stars
  • Get two minigun or light machine gun eliminations – 10 Stars
  • Eliminate three opponents in Lucky Landing – 10 Stars
Edited by Lcfclad2013

1 hour ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

Leaked week 5 challenges 

All easy enough,  dusty divot will be a ball ache and the light machine gun one could be too. 

• Deal 500 damage with SMGs to opponents – 5 Stars
  • Search seven Chests in Dusty Divot – 5 Stars
  • Use a jetpack – 5 Stars
  • Search seven Gravity Stones – 5 Stars
  • Follow the treasure map found in Greasy Grove – 10 Stars
  • Get two minigun or light machine gun eliminations – 10 Stars
  • Eliminate three opponents in Lucky Landing – 10 Stars

The LMG is my fave gun. F****** beast of a weapon. So wont be hard for me as the only weapon I will have over an LMG is a gold scar. Even then I let my squad mates have the gold scar so I can keep the LMG. Perfect squad weapon for peppering bases and laying the shit out of someone

18 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

The LMG is my fave gun. F****** beast of a weapon. So wont be hard for me as the only weapon I will have over an LMG is a gold scar. Even then I let my squad mates have the gold scar so I can keep the LMG. Perfect squad weapon for peppering bases and laying the shit out of someone

I can't get on with the LMG at all. The only thing going for it is the large magazine size

Accuracy is about as bad as the minigun, but it doesn't tear up forts as quickly, reload time is atrocious. It's good for scaring people off and that's about it!

I'm not going to enjoy that challenge

39 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I can't get on with the LMG at all. The only thing going for it is the large magazine size

Accuracy is about as bad as the minigun, but it doesn't tear up forts as quickly, reload time is atrocious. It's good for scaring people off and that's about it!

I'm not going to enjoy that challenge

I have peoples pants down with it. Steady button presses helps with the recoil. Ive won so many fights using it. Reload time isn't too bad, in my eyes if I haven't killed the person in 1 magazine I don't deserve to win the fight. A LMG and a Shotgun/SMG and I am set

2 hours ago, WeDonWantProhibition said:

I have always wondered what makes Fortnite more popular than PUBG.
I've never played Fortnite yet, the only thing I noticed is the differences in graphics and realism. Is there any other advantage of this game after the obvious advantage of Fortnite (free to play)? I ask you seriously.

It's a great game, I've not played PUBG because my laptop wouldn't hack it and the Xbox version is £25 and unfinished. Fortnite is free, fun, updated weekly and really addictive.