Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Once you get it totally under control it’s a game changer 

Deffo, especially when you need to quick build when getting shot from behind. Didn’t even take very long to get the hang of it either. Just pissed about in a quiet area for a bit, then I was good to go.

49 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Deffo, especially when you need to quick build when getting shot from behind. Didn’t even take very long to get the hang of it either. Just pissed about in a quiet area for a bit, then I was good to go.

I find the building part of builder pro easy it’s just the fact it’s only compatible with combat pro that makes it a no go for me. Can’t get the hang of it at all

11 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I'm terrible at the game and players are getting more and more skilled ; I being left behind in the skill gulf. 

The only way I improved was by dropping in populated areas. I used to drag the game out hoping for a high finish but I was shit at combat and building. 

Put yourself straight into the deep end and fight as soon as you drop. By forcing yourself to fight and build in quick intense battles is the only way you’ll improve your game quickly.

3 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

The only way I improved was by dropping in populated areas. I used to drag the game out hoping for a high finish but I was shit at combat and building. 

Put yourself straight into the deep end and fight as soon as you drop. By forcing yourself to fight and build in quick intense battles is the only way you’ll improve your game quickly.

I've done that and improved marginally. Good advice - I'll spend all afternoon at tilted

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I've done that and improved marginally. Good advice - I'll spend all afternoon at tilted

I used to go through games dying all the time as soon as I saw an enemy and never getting any kills. I decided to do this and now I’m getting more and more kills and lasting longer than before. I’m not saying this will make you into a world beater but it will make you better then you was. Obviously this won’t work every time. Most important thing about landing in busy places is where you land. Instead of chest hunting from the get go, land on the floor and enter buildings from ground level. It’s absolutley crucial that you get a shotgun as early as possible and push players around you.

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Tilted is the perfect place to land pal. I hated tilted and always avoided it but now I’ll land there because it’s crazy from the word go. Like I said in my previous post, land outside buildings and loot, or if you see a shotty on a roof, aim for that.

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Also worth landing at Haunted Hills and Flush Factory this week as that's where this week's Battle Pass challenges are, so even if you aren't playing for those challenges you'll find quite a few people there. Haunted Hills is good because you can see several chests from the air so you know you'll probably get a decent weapon straight off the bat as long as someone doesn't land right near you

Got my first solo win of season 4. Gone a bit more aggressive recently which is helping, sure you go out early more often than if you snuck around but practice makes perfect.

on 30 solo wins overall which I’m kinda pleased with until you look at the amount of games I’ve played lol

128 squad wins which is decent, we’ve got a good team going

5 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Just watched a video of that new Thanos mode, sheeeet that looks mental. Gonna give that a go later

It’s decent, it also counts to your solo wins. Everyone is so fixated on Thanos it’s easy to pick up kills

How f****** hard is it to complete the Trap Elimination challenge :mad:

Now they have nerfed them to do only 75 damage i'm really struggling. I have a thing for finishing all my challenges and the trap kill is the last one.

So last night i'm in a duo game with my mate. We end up at Dusty Divot inside the old factories, find a couple of people in there. As i'm running around the factories evading fire I place 2 traps down in the hope that I finally get that kill. I die so I am now spectating my mate. When he finally dies it spectates the guy who killed him, he runs round the corner and STAB. My trap kills him, it comes up with 'Kingcarr killed ........ with a trap'.

I'm punching the air thinking finally i've got it. Go to the lobby and it didn't register the kill so the challenge is still incomplete. Really pissed me off.

So I go in a solo. I find a trap and think I need to lure someone. Inside a little box I place a purple smg and small ammo and the trap out of view. I hide behind the box in the hope someone comes along. Someone had tried to snipe me so I knew someone was watching me. He comes along thinking i'm inside the box, he throws clingers which somehow doesn't destroy the trap. He walks in now thinking its empty. STAB. Trap hits him but doesn't kill him.

As he runs off I use my pump to kill him. My shot did 9 damage and it kills him. So close to the trap kill. :mad:

Now I will wait for the response on here to tell me how easy they completed the challenge lol 

50 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Now they have nerfed them to do only 75 damage i'm really struggling. I have a thing for finishing all my challenges and the trap kill is the last one.

So last night i'm in a duo game with my mate. We end up at Dusty Divot inside the old factories, find a couple of people in there. As i'm running around the factories evading fire I place 2 traps down in the hope that I finally get that kill. I die so I am now spectating my mate. When he finally dies it spectates the guy who killed him, he runs round the corner and STAB. My trap kills him, it comes up with 'Kingcarr killed ........ with a trap'.

I'm punching the air thinking finally i've got it. Go to the lobby and it didn't register the kill so the challenge is still incomplete. Really pissed me off.

So I go in a solo. I find a trap and think I need to lure someone. Inside a little box I place a purple smg and small ammo and the trap out of view. I hide behind the box in the hope someone comes along. Someone had tried to snipe me so I knew someone was watching me. He comes along thinking i'm inside the box, he throws clingers which somehow doesn't destroy the trap. He walks in now thinking its empty. STAB. Trap hits him but doesn't kill him.

As he runs off I use my pump to kill him. My shot did 9 damage and it kills him. So close to the trap kill. :mad:

Now I will wait for the response on here to tell me how easy they completed the challenge lol 

You know there is an easy way?

Play squad mode, knock out an enemy, build a 1x1 fort around them with a trap and just wait until it eliminates them

The only hard part is finding a trap item early on enough that full squads are still knocking around

58 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

You know there is an easy way?

Play squad mode, knock out an enemy, build a 1x1 fort around them with a trap and just wait until it eliminates them

The only hard part is finding a trap item early on enough that full squads are still knocking around

Last time I tried that it didn't work. I was told the trap has to knock them down and not finish them off. I will try again

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I genuinely thought it would be the hardest 1 for me to bag since like you say they nerfed it but i managed to get it my 2nd game in lol... landed at snobby as it’s busy with everyone chasing the 3 kills, found 2 straight off the bat and placed 1 at the back door in 1 of the houses then 1 just at the bottom of the stairs.... heard 1 go off then 2 seconds later I got a kill the poor lad obviously ran through both lol

37 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Last time I tried that it didn't work. I was told the trap has to knock them down and not finish them off. I will try again

I think with the "elimination" challenges it's how you finish them off (...not like that). The only way it won't count is if a teammate gets the knock-down and you poach the elimination. It might have changed but I swear that's how the challenge awards have been handled so far

I hate the trap elimination challenge and was trying for weeks before getting it last season, then I got 2 idiots in one game with a lucky one - before I found out about the knock-down trick

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

It definitely works, as its how I did it yesterday. It doesn't need to knock them down, just deal the finishing blow. I'm not 100% sure it works if someone else knocks them, though, so possibly thats why it didn't work for you?.

Head into 50v50 and it's even easier, you just have to hope that one of your teammates doesn't finish them off before you lay the trap, so it might take a few attempts.

Now that it's 75 damage, though, you might want to hit them with your pickaxe a couple times first, otherwise the trap might not kill them off.