Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Valakyrie skin and Frostwing Glider £28 and people this game isn't setup as a merciless money making machine. lol 

Any free to play is exactly the same. The community of a F2P game that I play is up in arms at the moment about a video that the game put out encouraging you to buy the premium currency in order to curb the stratospheric level of grind for top tier vehicles. 

I wish there was an option to "buy" F2P games up front and skip this micro transaction bullshit.  

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Any free to play is exactly the same. The community of a F2P game that I play is up in arms at the moment about a video that the game put out encouraging you to buy the premium currency in order to curb the stratospheric level of grind for top tier vehicles. 

I wish there was an option to "buy" F2P games up front and skip this micro transaction bullshit.  

Yes, but surely £28, for a cosmetic, is taking it too another level and taking the piss somewhat.

It doesn't save you time grinding,  it is literally a pretty item aimed at kids not old enough to realise it's a total scam. 

Will never happen as done correctly the free to play model is more profitable. This is why FIFA UT now makes more revenue than the physical sales of FIFA, folk are willing to plough money into things like that.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

The £10 every 2-3 months for a battle pass is reasonable. Of course, everything is cosmetic (although I guess it unlocks the challenges), but that's a reasonable value for the amount you get out of it. Not to mention that it pays for itself, as well.

The £20+ skins are absolutely ridiculous though. You used to (a long while ago) be able to buy a full game without the need for any additional DLC for ~£30, and now all that buys you is a few pixels which you'll get bored of within a week. It's insane.

It's a F2P game so I can understand why they have cosmetics as microtransactions (and thank god theyre only cosmetics. Plenty of other games are so blatantly pay to win its disgusting). But those cosmetics shouldn't cost any more than £5/ea AT MOST.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the novelty of this game is starting to die off. I used to play every night until 2am. Now i've played it once in the last week. I just find the lag unbearable. Ill turn it on and after a couple of games i'm just like ughhh.

Also i've noticed that my skill level has gone down now i'm not playing as much. Might just leave this for a bit and focus on some of my other games. 

10 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I think the novelty of this game is starting to die off. I used to play every night until 2am. Now i've played it once in the last week. I just find the lag unbearable. Ill turn it on and after a couple of games i'm just like ughhh.

Also i've noticed that my skill level has gone down now i'm not playing as much. Might just leave this for a bit and focus on some of my other games. 

Same here.

Season 5 seemed completely disjointed and I quickly lost interest in the season narrative, ended up giving it a break for a few weeks. Picked it up again for season 6 and played a couple games but its really lost its edge for me at the minute.

• 1 month later...

Right. Help.

I’m setting this up for an 12 year old on x box one s who’s very frustrated as am I!

I’ve downloaded it but can only make the game start screen on adult settings which is an issue as I wanted teen or customised settings... any way round this?

Secondly the registration screen for epic games came up and it was skipped and it now won’t allow me to accept terms and conditions on the game so I can’t get it going at all - I’ve since set up an epic games account on line but don’t know if I cannot pair it.

Can anybody help - never used an x box before I was a PlayStation kid back when it was all just Tony Hawks and Doom.

If there’s anybody out there that has mastered fortnite with child sett8ngs in the x box please DM so I can give you a call!

Edited by Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know a safe link where I can download Fortnite to my lads Samsung tablet??

I have been browsing on my desktop and it said Download Fortnite to your pc so I clicked on it to download and all it installed was 4 other things I never even asked for....

My ant-virus alerted me so they have now been deleted from my program files...

Thanks for your help...

3 hours ago, W88DY said:

Does anyone know a safe link where I can download Fortnite to my lads Samsung tablet??

I have been browsing on my desktop and it said Download Fortnite to your pc so I clicked on it to download and all it installed was 4 other things I never even asked for....

Thanks for your help...

Download it from the App Store?

Edited by buzzer_b

19 hours ago, W88DY said:

Thanks for your help...

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/mobile/android/get-started

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This game has got a lot to answer for!

I was watching snooker with my boy for the first time last week and he asked me why the colours kept 'respawning' instead of staying down like the reds :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2019 at 20:36, Izzy said:

This game has got a lot to answer for!

I was watching snooker with my boy for the first time last week and he asked me why the colours kept 'respawning' instead of staying down like the reds :rolleyes:

Loath the silliness, but it has really bought back gaming with your mates. 

It's like when you used to play together at each others house except without and personal contact. 

• Like 1