Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh and just to add - the breakfast buffet at a hotel abroad is basically the greatest pleasure known to man.

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Funny you should say that ...   only 6.20 am here but will be on my way when it opens at 7 ...     :)

Getting my daughter to eat a substantial breakfast at home is a never ending battle - she claims she's never hungry.

Yet present her with a buffet on holiday and she eats like a pig.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Getting my daughter to eat a substantial breakfast at home is a never ending battle - she claims she's never hungry.

Yet present her with a buffet on holiday and she eats like a pig.

Haha yeah. At home I might have a bit of toast and a cup of tea. 

Stick me in front of a breakfast buffet it's several croissants, a load of toast, a bowl of cereal, a banana, a ham sandwich, a bunch of continental meats and cheeses, some strange crackers, you name it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Haha yeah. At home I might have a bit of toast and a cup of tea. 

Stick me in front of a breakfast buffet it's several croissants, a load of toast, a bowl of cereal, a banana, a ham sandwich, a bunch of continental meats and cheeses, some strange crackers, you name it. 

The thing is, she has the option of having anything at home that she has on holiday, so it's nothing to do with the food itself, and we get up at a similar time on holiday so it can't be a lack of hunger issue.

Some kind of psychological thing going on. 

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Do you like almond flavoured stuff? Marzipan or praline or anything like that? 

If you do, almond milk on cereal is a revelation. 

Yeah I don’t take issue with either marzipan or praline.

I might give it a bash, is it sweet though?

lol since i started working in 1978.... ive eaten cornflakes pretty much every day lmao

Edit - on the "milk" discussion... Rice "milk" is very sweet and an acquired taste perhaps worth trying.

Edited by ozleicester

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Bacon Omelette today

If there's one thing I miss as a vegetarian, it's bacon.

I once had wild boar bacon in the French Pyrenees and it was quite simply the nicest thing I've ever tasted.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

I once had wild boar bacon in the French Pyrenees and it was quite simply the nicest thing I've ever tasted.

If you’d like to go back to eating pigs I’ll do a gentleman’s agreement with you to eat one less pig each year which should cover you ethically.

Alternatively if you do not comply with my offer I’ll execute one pig a year just for sport and throw the carcass.

Your choice Buce, your choice.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If you’d like to go back to eating pigs I’ll do a gentleman’s agreement with you to eat one less pig each year which should cover you ethically.

Alternatively if you do not comply with my offer I’ll execute one pig a year just for sport and throw the carcass.

lol brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

That's kind of you, Swanny, but I'm a vegetarian on health grounds, more than ethics.

29 minutes ago, Buce said:

One of my best friends was a vegetarian for about 15 years and he always said bacon was the thing that he missed, didn't bother him sat there when we were eating lamb, steaks etc but the smell of a bacon sandwich and he often had to wander off for a bit.

It eventually turned him back to being a meat eater, his uncle died, he got back from the funeral and just said fcuk it I fancy a bacon sandwich, had one and hasn't gone back since.

I have always been that type to have 0 appetite for breakkie when i first wake up. I need a solid 1 to 2 hours before i want to eat or feel the need to eat.

That usually meant i would take milk in a flask and cereal in a container to eat at my desk when i first got in.

I've since changed my ways and force myself to eat weetabix like 15 minutes after i wake and have a cup of tea as well. By 930am i will usually eat a banana.

Thats my monday to friday pretty much every week for the last 5 years lol. 

Weekends is pancakes or an omelete with beans and toast or any breakfast type meal thats not cereal.

I think when i dont feel rushed to have to be somewhere in the morning i can take my time getting up and my stomach is more easily satisfied with a bigger breakfast than weekdays.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Bit like this ? ...

C0640C75-402C-432B-BEEF-E675C9B94F04.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We all hate you. 

Trying very hard to show you my ham and cheese omelette with a (big) side of bacon, a pork sausage, a few healthy baked beans and some toast with a butter mountain on top ...    and a pot of strong black coffee ....      but the fookin thing keeps saying my attachment is too big (:o) ...     so you’ll just have to imagine it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Trying very hard to show you my ham and cheese omelette with a (big) side of bacon, a pork sausage, a few healthy baked beans and some toast with a butter mountain on top ...    and a pot of strong black coffee ....      but the fookin thing keeps saying my attachment  stomach is too big (:o) ...     so you’ll just have to imagine it.

:D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Never have an appetite in the morning, but love a coffee and a cigarette, not really a breakfast though.

Only ever eat breakfast if I'm staying in a hotel.

Pretty much the same. A couple of mugs of coffee and a ciggie. 

On the rare occasion I do want some brekkie it would be bacon and eggs. 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Well for a start it's because they're not really milk. I'm with Lewis Black on this, it's juice, the only reason we don't call it soy juice is just thinking those words makes you gag. Haha. 

But yeah, my oh is lactose intolerant. We've done almond, hazelnut, coconut, rice, soy. 

Almond is definitely my favourite for cereal but I love almond flavour stuff anyway. It's crap in tea though. To be honest, they're all crap in tea. If I can't have real milk I'd rather just have black, oolong or green tea. 

Rice is the most pointless, it's basically just slightly cloudy water. 

Have you tried hemp milk in tea?  Shockingly good.