Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Reading the dieting thread set me wondering.

I eat like a hobbit ie. I have two breakfasts: The first I eat about 06.30 and always consists of a variety of fruits (strawberries; blueberries; raspberries; banana; kiwi; mango) with live yoghurt.

I eat my second breakfast about 08.00 which alternates between eggs (poached or scrambled) on three slices of toasted granary bread, or a couple of wholemeal pitta breads filled with hummus*, black olives, shredded red cabbage, chopped red pepper and chopped cucumber.

*I make my own with chick peas, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.

So what about you people?

Guest MattP

Generally alternate between cereal (rice krispies, hot cornflakes or coco pops) and toast or I'll have a bacon baguette or egg or beans on toast.

I do sometimes have a can or a rum and coke for a livener and usually a bucks fizz or two if I'm away.

Shredded wheat & semi-skimmed, plus at least 2 mugs of tea.

Then, usually a banofee break around 11: banana & cup of coffee. I can only drink coffee late morning, for some reason, not breakfast, afternoon or evening, except after a meal out (rare).

Occasionally have something less healthy mid-morning: large chunk of malt loaf, crumpets and honey.

I can't really eat before I start work at 8:30 as I have no appetite early in the morning and forcing myself makes me feel sick. 

Tends to be a yoghurt and a few biscuits with a cup of tea at work at about 10:00am.

On a weekend I'll have Cornflakes at about 10ish - or very rarely a fry up a at 11 or so.

Most weekdays - nothing, I can usually get through the day without eating much fairly easily

Or if I'm going to the gym before work and feel like I need a bit of fuel I'll have some soreen

Weekends, anything from porridge, cereal, camembert on sliced French baguette, pate on the same, caprese salad, bacon/sausage/egg sandwich/cob, full English etc

2 slices of toast, 2 rashers of unsmoked bacon, spicy mushrooms (fried in the bacon grease with chilli, garlic and soy sauce), 2 eggs (alternatively 1 egg and some beans).  Occasionally supplemented with a couple of slices of black pudding and some sausages.