Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

Before you get excited, there hasn't been one announced yet, but we can probably pretty much guarantee there will be more brilliant insanity from Greg Davies and Alex Horne.

For anyone who watches it, i was just wondering what your perfect lineup would be?

I'd like to see the usual mix of nutjobs and serious competitors. I've given it a lot of thought and every time i think about it, someone new pops into my head. But what do you think of this lineup:

Paul Foot - Covers the nutjob requirement

Danny Wallace - Always a favourite comedian/author of mine - probably not well known enough for the show though

Sandi Toksvig - would bring both intelligence and whimsy (I just wanted to use the word "Whimsy" in a sentence)

Nina Conti - Brilliantly funny, and would probably not be alone in her tasks (if you know her you'll know what i mean)

Alan Davies - Again, very funny and could work well with Sandi Toksvig, and would be the series idiot.

What would your lineups be?

Edited by TiffToff88

Friend of mine got accosted by Greg Davies last week, she was at the bus stop and he was dressed in Safari gear. She had no idea who he was, he said he was a comedian who did task master. Before he had a chance to explain what the task was/what he wanted her to do. A few other people started talking to him and then her bus arrived. So we have no idea what he was doing, but it was something to do with taskmaster, so I'm guessing there will be another series.

Bill Bailey - The "Older comedian," creative, super intelligent and slightly unhinged. 

Sean Lock - The sardonic curmudgeon with biting wit. Would purposefully f**k up all the tasks and bounce off Greg Davies brilliantly. 

Russell Howard - Energetic, enthusiastic, surprisingly astute.

Isy Suttie - Slight oddball, funny, would be perfect.

Reginald D. Hunter - Hilarious, provocative. Gets British idiosyncrasies, while remaining bemusedly detached.

Edited by RoboFox

For my lineup.

Sean Locke - Could go either way, either just be really daft or get very competitive

Jessica Fostekew - Cos she's very funny, probably quite a literal approach to tasks

Sue Perkins - Also very funny, but quite smart and analytical

James Acaster - I love his dry sense of humour, comes across as quite competitive and vindictive

Stephen K Amos - I think he would be rubbish at most tasks and that's always funny

• Like 1

Another possible idea i had for the series was a sort of "Taskmaster World Cup" with competitors from different countries - still all well known in the UK obviously...

Henning Wehn - Germany

Sandi Toksvig (Again) - Denmark

Tim Minchin - Australia

Rich Hall - USA

*Insert name of young British comedian here* - Homegrown talent to fill the requirement for a younger comedian.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Am i missing something with James Acaster? I find him dull and irritating but everyone else seems to love him?

Each to their own with comedians I guess, but I find his dry sense of humour hilarious. 

I must say my perception of quite a few comedians has changed following their appearance on Taskmaster too - seems to bring out the best in people.  

• Like 2

Such a good show. Me and a few pals are going to create our own version in the summer.

My ideal line up would be. (These are not my pals).

Richard Ayoade

Chris Addison

Kevin Bridges

Stephen Merchant

Sean Lock

Edited by Simi

12 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Each to their own with comedians I guess, but I find his dry sense of humour hilarious. 

I must say my perception of quite a few comedians has changed following their appearance on Taskmaster too - seems to bring out the best in people.  

Yeah I thought that.

Still my very moment so far...

• Haha 1

I love Taskmaster, I can't believe a proper channel hasn't tried to buy it off Dave yet

Favourite contestants so far have been Bob Mortimer, Noel Fielding, Rob Beckett, Katherine Ryan and Al Murray

I'd like to see Sean Lock*, Harry Hill, Jack Dee, Vic Reeves and Kathy Burke at some point

*Saw him do stand up last year, he was utter dogshit but on panel shows he's usually really funny. Think he'd be good on TM.

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I love Taskmaster, I can't believe a proper channel hasn't tried to buy it off Dave yet

Favourite contestants so far have been Bob Mortimer, Noel Fielding, Rob Beckett, Katherine Ryan and Al Murray

I'd like to see Sean Lock*, Harry Hill, Jack Dee, Vic Reeves and Kathy Burke at some point

*Saw him do stand up last year, he was utter dogshit but on panel shows he's usually really funny. Think he'd be good on TM.

Kathy Burke would be great.  Rachel Riley would probably be quite good as well. Similar sort of contestant to Richard Osman.

33 minutes ago, pds said:

Had never seen this show til last week. Have now binge watched about 20 episodes since. How long has it been going for?

Alex Horne devised it for Edinburgh Fringe and it was commissioned by UKTV for Dave in 2015. I think they put out a couple of series' a year... It's a pretty easy show to make production-wise and does well for Dave in terms of viewers. Shows the power of word of mouth I suppose, as it's become incredibly successful over the last couple of series with not much marketing behind it.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Probably one of my favourite programmes around right now. Hilarious and entertaining in high equal measure.

Greg Davies and Alex Horne are superb together. The tasks are fantastic.

Jimmy Carr

Rhys James
Bill Bailey
Steve Coogan
Ross Noble

James Acaster, purely because I work with his brother and he'd hopefully get me to the filming as I imagine that is brilliant to watch. 

Side note, couple of favourite moments that make me laugh every time I watch them, the pie breach and the potato golf on the red green. 

Brilliant series and nobody I speak to watches it. 

• 1 month later...

just been announced that there will be at least 4 more series.

Next series contestants:

• Liza Tarbuck - can't stand her, but will probably surprise me and be better than expected like Mel Giedroyc
  • Russell Howard - should be good
  • Tim Vine - WILL be fantastic
  • Alice Levine - never heard of her
  • Asim Chaudhry - see above
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

just been announced that there will be at least 4 more series.

Next series contestants:

• Liza Tarbuck - can't stand her, but will probably surprise me and be better than expected like Mel Giedroyc
  • Russell Howard - should be good
  • Tim Vine - WILL be fantastic
  • Alice Levine - never heard of her
  • Asim Chaudhry - see above

Great news!!

I'm yet to dislike a contestant on Taskmaster but Liza Tarbuck is going to be a real acid test for that.

I was hoping after listening to Alex Horne's new podcast series that Adam Buxton would feature, maybe in the next few!