Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

Paul Sinha could be a dark horse. Obviously very intelligent but also a very funny comedian. I see him being a very similar contestant to Richard Osman, who i also enjoyed on the show.

I can't imagine Greg will let Joe Thomas get off easily if he's bad at any of the tasks either.

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

it has gotten a lot worse since they've had two birds, not going to lie I only know Thomas from that line up, so might be a pleasant surprise

Sian Gibson was in Car Share with Peter Kay and has written with him a lot. Ian Stirling I only know from Fighting Talk on 5 live. He's apparently the voice over on love island.

Gonna take a while to warm up to this lineup after last year's brilliant one.

On the evidence of the first episode, I think Lou Sanders is gonna be the standout. Joe Thomas is ok but a bit one-note with his awkward shtick. Iain Stirling was a bit better than expected but I'm not entirely sure what Paul Sinha & Sian Gibson are going to add yet - will hopefully come out of their shell a bit as the series goes on.

Joe Thomas is clearly going to be the Paul Choudhury/Nish Kumar of this series. Lovably clueless, but unlike Choudhury, He'll will probably try too hard to be funny. Needs to let himself be his natural self and he'll come across as more likeable.

Bridge task was a great idea. Should be a decent series. Anyone know how many episodes there are this time?

10 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Joe Thomas is clearly going to be the Paul Choudhury/Nish Kumar of this series. Lovably clueless, but unlike Choudhury, He'll will probably try too hard to be funny. Needs to let himself be his natural self and he'll come across as more likeable.

Bridge task was a great idea. Should be a decent series. Anyone know how many episodes there are this time?

. 10 episodes I believe

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Paul has to be my favourite, I found Nish a bit too try hard for me.

On 17/05/2019 at 19:29, Langston said:

I actually think this series is alright. Not gonna split anyone's sides but it's a pleasant enough hour of TV

Agreed, Joe Thomas is is a ****ing bore though 

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2019 at 14:45, Stadt said:

Agreed, Joe Thomas is is a ****ing bore though 

He came out with thr off funny bit, but the rest of the time looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Looking forward to the new cast, I imagine Jo Brand will split opinion but I do think this kind of show will work in her favour. David Baddiel will presumably take up the Frank Skinner, Richard Osman, Rhod Gilbert role of occasionally brilliant, often hopeless old man. Katy Wix and Rose Matafeo have always seemed pretty funny on shows/podcast they've been on.

I can already see the messages about there being 3 women if the first episode isn't side splittingly funny though. Still would love to see Richard Herring and Elis James/John Robins as a pair on a future series. John Robins does a YouTube series with Alex Horne so I suspect he'll be there eventually. Rachel Parris would be great guest too I think, and her other half could fill the older man quota. 

That Scooter task last night was probably the best one since the train one in the first episode. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

embargoed-taskmaster-series-9-cast-1562686789.jpg

I can't stand Jo Brand and her stand up but I reckon she'll be really good for this kind of thing. David Baddiel and Ed Gamble should be decent too. 

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

No idea who the last two are but that’s one of the best lineups of recent seasons 

Rose Matafeo on the right. She'll be a bit quirky I think similar to how Alice Levine was. 

Next to her is Katy Wix. Think she'll play the 'ditsy person who's probably really clever' character. I've found her funny in Not Going Out and Stath Lets Flats.