Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

New Leeds crest

I usually hate the backlash re-branding and re-design gets from football fans (due to it being my industry)

But HOLYJESUSCHRIST that is absolutely abysmal.....

The Aston Villa effort that got all the abuse was brilliant and in the long run their fans have grown to love it... but that one is just wrong. 

Just now, MC Prussian said:

lol

There goes the Leeds United history.

Pathetic, bland design - and that required 6 months of research?

Borrowed somewhat from the old Columbus Crew logo, don't you think?

lke77tj6u9kssabarlqg.jpg

My first thought was that it looked like a new MLS badge, a club with no history and well... shit.

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

being a brand manager myself, i just dont get why you would make changes like that. Tweaks yes, whole sale design on something that has been around for about 100 year absolutely not!

lj5HNCf.jpg

Their badge has changed no end to be honest, I never realised how much. The 80's / 90's one is the one most remember as being Leeds, but it's not even be that for ages.

Edited by Babylon

It's not pretty, it's not stylish, it doesn't scream football. No connection to Yorkshire apart from "Leeds".

I understand previous designs were at times awful, but this? It's so American!

Easy way of dividing your fanbase. I'm sure the "10'000" fans they consulted must've been from abroad! lol

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

being a brand manager myself, i just dont get why you would make changes like that. Tweaks yes, whole sale design on something that has been around for about 100 year absolutely not!

Same!

The advantage of the Villa rebrand was that they just made little tweaks and modernised typefaces and sizing to fit in with digital marketing assets!

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I genuinely think our badge is the best in English football, obviously there's a huge element of bias but it's full of symbolism and it looks really clean whilst staying true to our history. 

I think ours is up there. I hope we never change it. I cannot pick any fault with it and that's saying a lot lol