Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Thorgen Hazard

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

To be fair he seems to be a player everywhere he's been but here, including for his national team.

The Musa situation will go down as an oddity for me.

Because musa isn't a bad player, if he had a good run of games to start building his confidence up in the prem he'd be great. Problem is we aren't a team that can afford to carry him why his confidence is as low as it has been. 

• Like 1

I hope that we don't get him purely for the ridiculous lengths commentators will go to to pronounce his name in an odd manner. 

Tor-gain Azz-air.  

Same as his  brother Ai-den Azz-air. 

Really gets on my tits the ridiculous lengths commentators go to. Stringer and Mendy's first name. Morons. 

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I hope that we don't get him purely for the ridiculous lengths commentators will go to to pronounce his name in an odd manner. 

Tor-gain Azz-air.  

Same as his  brother Ai-den Azz-air. 

Really gets on my tits the ridiculous lengths commentators go to. Stringer and Mendy's first name. Morons. 

On which subject... I can't have been the only one to notice Motson managing to pronounce Sigurdsson in 2 different ways in the same sentence on MOTD last Saturday. Or to be more accurate, with different emphases, on different syllables. Comedy. 

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

On which subject... I can't have been the only one to notice Motson managing to pronounce Sigurdsson in 2 different ways in the same sentence on MOTD last Saturday. Or to be more accurate, with different emphases, on different syllables. Comedy. 

It's only us British that do it. You don't hear Korean commentators breaking their necks to pronounce Rooneh in an English manner. Nor do the Germans start pronouncing Ws to show how cultured they are. 

In England we have six different pronunciations for anyone who has a foreign name. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 01:15, ARTY_FOX said:

Because musa isn't a bad player, if he had a good run of games to start building his confidence up in the prem he'd be great. Problem is we aren't a team that can afford to carry him why his confidence is as low as it has been. 

He's utter crap and it has nothing to do with confidence. He got more than enough games to prove his worth or show what he's capable of. He never did. 0 footballing brain, 0 first touch, 0 ball control, 0 passing, 3 managers not convinced by his performances, All pace and nothing else, yeah screw this kind of players.

Just because he was a top scorer in a pub league doesn't make him a good striker, winger, whatever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

He's utter crap and it has nothing to do with confidence. He got more than enough games to prove his worth or show what he's capable of. He never did. 0 footballing brain, 0 first touch, 0 ball control, 0 passing, 3 managers not convinced by his performances, All pace and nothing else, yeah screw this kind of players.

Just because he was a top scorer in a pub league doesn't make him a good striker, winger, whatever.

Well you're wrong. What run of games did he have? He showed his touch and footballing brain when scored a brace against Everton last season. Just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean he's a bad player. 

He's every bit a confidence player. If you can't see that then that's your problem. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well you're wrong. What run of games did he have? He showed his touch and footballing brain when scored a brace against Everton last season. Just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean he's a bad player. 

He's every bit a confidence player. If you can't see that then that's your problem. 

Every crap player can have his one or two odd good games, shit happens sometimes. Doesn't mean he became a world beater overnight. 

Mate, he didn't even see the bench at the end of the Shakey era, Puel sent him directly to the U23 and then offloaded him as soon as it was possible. Would you say that Puel doesn't LIKE him too?

Edited by ZeGuy

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Every crap player can have his one or two odd good games, shit happens sometimes. Doesn't mean he became a world beater overnight. 

Mate, he didn't even see the bench at the end of the Shakey era, Puel sent him directly to the U23 and then offloaded him as soon as it was possible. Would you say that Puel doesn't LIKE him too?

You don't play regularly for your nation and in the champions league if you're shit. Didn't work for him here, but he's obviously got ability. 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You don't play regularly for your nation and in the champions league if you're shit. Didn't work for him here, but he's obviously got ability

Sure, just not the ones that qualify you to play in the PL though. He wouldn't in the Bundesliga too by the way.

Please, he played in the CL with the less worse club of a poor bunch. Don't tell me you rate the actual russian league? I loved the old soviet clubs though. They played some silk football back then. Nigeria are also a far cry of what they were compared to the the 90s and beginning of the 2000s.

14 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

No I'd say that puel knows the club can't carry a player with 0 confidence than no longer wants to be here. He's had more than 'one or two good moments though hasn't he. But that doesn't suit your argument so you ignore them. 

He needs time, he needs an arm on the shoulder and he needs support. As for your pub league comment he also played in those micky mouse cup competitions the champions league and world cup. But you're right. Everyone in the game is wrong. He's shit pal.

Tell me. Either side of the promotion season what was your opinion on a certain Jamie Vardy? 

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Sure, just not the ones that qualify you to play in the PL though. He wouldn't in the Bundesliga too by the way.

Please, he played in the CL with the less worse club of a poor bunch. Don't tell me you rate the actual russian league? I loved the old soviet clubs though. They played some silk football back then. Nigeria are also a far cry of what they were compared to the the 90s and beginning of the 2000s.

Did he or did he not still turn up and put in performances in that competition against top sides? He's a tidy player who's shown glimpses but not settled: but history is littered with those - mascherano didn't get on at West ham, quality in the same division at Liverpool...

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Did he or did he not still turn up and put in performances in that competition against top sides? He's a tidy player who's shown glimpses but not settled: but history is littered with those - mascherano didn't get on at West ham, quality in the same division at Liverpool...

Fair enough, we'll see if he does better outside Russia and I agree to disagree. Out of all the new siginings it was the only one I never could rate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No I'd say that puel knows the club can't carry a player with 0 confidence than no longer wants to be here. He's had more than 'one or two good moments though hasn't he. But that doesn't suit your argument so you ignore them. 

He needs time, he needs an arm on the shoulder and he needs support. As for your pub league comment he also played in those micky mouse cup competitions the champions league and world cup. But you're right. Everyone in the game is wrong. He's shit pal.

Tell me. Either side of the promotion season what was your opinion on a certain Jamie Vardy

He was shit. Obviously.

• Haha 1

On 16/02/2018 at 00:15, ARTY_FOX said:

Have to agree. Musa's performances nose dived dramatically whilst at the club and in the end his confidence was shot. In his opening game against Hull i thought he was our best player. Compare that to his last game against Millwall when he was all over the place.

Some players never regain their confidence. Have to wait and see how Musa reacts now.

13 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I am not keen on defending Musa, but you're jumping to conclusions. Him not fitting with us doesn't mean he isn't fit for the Prem. It means he isn't a fit for what we needed. There are worse players on Prem squads right now.

On 16/02/2018 at 00:15, ARTY_FOX said:

He is atrocious. He lacks some of the most basic football skills such as control and the ability to make simple passes.

His pace is his only asset. 

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

He is atrocious. He lacks some of the most basic football skills such as control and the ability to make simple passes.

His pace is his only asset. 

He's proved on many many occasions through his career that's not the case. He's shown at Leicester at times that's not the case so what are you on about? 

On 15/02/2018 at 16:20, HighPeakFox said:

Where does Uncle Mickey fit in? 

I think he just slips in.

On 15/02/2018 at 22:57, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why does it have to be a replacement for Riyad?

don't tell anyone, it's a secret - like but Riyad hates Leicester and wants to play for any team not called Leicester because they were his dream team as a boy.

We're going to be linked with hundreds of "skill" players but most of them will want to play in a CL team. Fortunately we have Diabaté and Gray so I'm not too worried about a Freemehrez replacement as I was before Daibaté and silva arrived. RB is still my biggest concern.