Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Thorgen Hazard

So zero fvcking info on Thorgan and a landslide of insults for little Ahmed.

Can we just speculate on a potential signing without trashing previous ones.

From the little I’ve seen of Hazard I think it would make sense.

Has great technical ability and can pick out a pass with ease.

Wouldnt be as spectacular as Mahrez but he has the potential to be just as effective for the team.

Gerrimin

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He's proved on many many occasions through his career that's not the case. He's shown at Leicester at times that's not the case so what are you on about? 

I think you know your wrong dont you.

3 managers have deemed him surplus to requirements. I trust their judgement and my own observations over yourself........but sure you are entitled to your opinion.

8 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

3 managers have deemed him surplus to requirements. I trust their judgement and my own observations over yourself........but sure you are entitled to your opinion

I must stop you there ...it has been reported that he excelled at bringing the cones in after training :schmike: 

16 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

I think you know your wrong dont you.

3 managers have deemed him surplus to requirements. I trust their judgement and my own observations over yourself........but sure you are entitled to your opinion.

If that's what you want to think then that's up to you. I'd like to think our fanbase has seen what giving a player time to gain confidence and find your feet can do. But then I'm sure you probably said the same about Vardy. 

I'm pretty sure professional coaches know he's someone who thrives and perishes on confidence. Unfortunately we can't give up a place in the 11 why we help him because we're not good enough. Some players are like that. It's just the way it is. 

54 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Not just Musa - all sportsmen have to have a level of confidence to participate both in solo sport and team sport. That's why sports psychologists exist. Players will regularly lose confidence or timing - seemingly at the whim of the gods. Then they find it again, or failing that, move elsewhere and begin to play well again.

It's fairly typical of many of the posts - they exult in the prospect of the latest signing and then, when those signings are not instant successes, proceed to label them as poor players [or worse]. There are no poor football players at these levels -  there are players who, for myriad reasons, fail to integrate - into a team, the club, the style of football or the community itself. Their families might not integrate or they might miss their former community.

Perhaps City just made a bad decision. They saw an effective player in his environment and thought he might be a worthwhile 'buy'. But there are a lot of tactical considerations that could prejudice such a move. I think Musa just didn't fit into a very non-adaptable team structure. No-one's fault - except maybe the individual who didn't ask the important questions before the cheque was transferred.

It's rather like Slimani's difficulty establishing a place - his playing style didn't supplement the more subtle interchanges that Mahrez, predominantly provides to Vardy.

Iheancho and Diabate appear to be far more adept at reading those signals. Leicester's game, although decried as purely counter attack, did rely on pinpoint passing. Maybe, because the 15-16 team surrendered possession, those opportunities were harder to come by - but that's where speed-of-thought, speed and accuracy are essential in making the most of those chances.

Well written. People underestimate the effects of confidence in sport. 

On 18/02/2018 at 10:01, FIF said:

I think he just slips in.

don't tell anyone, it's a secret - like but Riyad hates Leicester and wants to play for any team not called Leicester because they were his dream team as a boy.

We're going to be linked with hundreds of "skill" players but most of them will want to play in a CL team. Fortunately we have Diabaté and Gray so I'm not too worried about a Freemehrez replacement as I was before Daibaté and silva arrived. RB is still my biggest concern.

So, did we have a new number 26 in the last match? Is it a crime to want a bigger slice of the pie? He doesn't hate it here, he just wants to play with players that he can learn more from.

Just ask yourself, how many wingers in the league that you can give the keys to so they can creat and score? just 1 and that's hazard. He's (Mahrez) a better creater than Sanchez, Sterling, Sane, Salah....etc and a better goal scorer than Ozil, Cesc and Mata. 

People seem to brush off just how good Riyad is because of his transfer requaset even though 2 of the biggest leicester legends (Weller and Muzzy) did the same.

We can get players that have the potantial to be almost as good as him but never a player as good as him.

Usualy the bitter ones will say "just send him outside the league" because they know he would be proven right and he can really stand with the "big boys".

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

So, did we have a new number 26 in the last match? Is it a crime to want a bigger slice of the pie? He doesn't hate it here, he just wants to play with players that he can learn more from.

Just ask yourself, how many wingers in the league that you can give the keys to so they can creat and score? just 1 and that's hazard. He's (Mahrez) a better creater than Sanchez, Sterling, Sane, Salah....etc and a better goal scorer than Ozil, Cesc and Mata. 

People seem to brush off just how good Riyad is because of his transfer requaset even though 2 of the biggest leicester legends (Weller and Muzzy) did the same.

We can get players that have the potantial to be almost as good as him but never a player as good as him.

Usualy the bitter ones will say "just send him outside the league" because they know he would be proven right and he can really stand with the "big boys".

Did Muzzy put in a transfer request? If he did it's because we got relegated.

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Did Muzzy put in a transfer request? If he did it's because we got relegated.

Izzet hands Leicester transfer request

Fri 26 Oct 2001 12.31 BSTFirst published on Fri 26 Oct 2001 12.31 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
  • View more sharing options
 This article is 16 years old

Shares

Leicester midfielder Muzzy Izzet has handed in a transfer request which is likely to start a battle for his signature between Aston Villa and Leeds.

The Turkish international had made it clear two weeks ago that he was unhappy at Filbert Street and was to consider his future.

Now, he has formally asked for a move after a lengthy meeting between himself, his adviser Jonathan Barnett and Foxes manager Dave Bassett.

Izzet is City's longest-serving player, having been snapped up from Chelsea by Martin O'Neill for £800,000 six years ago.

But now Leicester are likely to ask for around 10 times that amount for their most valuable asset.

Advertisement

It is another step in the break-up of the side built by O'Neill following the departure in the last 18 months of Emile Heskey to Liverpool for £11m and Neil Lennon to Celtic for nearly £6m.

Izzet said: "It was a very difficult decision for me and I have agonised over it for several months.

"But my desire is to be as successful as possible and, although it hurts me to say it, I think it is in my best interests that I have a new challenge away from Leicester City."

Bassett had already hinted on Thursday that he was fearing the worst in terms of Izzet wanting to leave City.

He said: "I have spoken with Muzzy and his adviser and after a long discussion, he has put in a transfer request. It is disappointing because you want to keep your best players, but the club will not stand in his way."

Villa appear to be favourites to sign Izzet and manager John Gregory had a bid rejected for his services by Leicester chairman John Elsom last season.

Gregory has stressed that strengthening the midfield department is his number one priority and he has been assured that the board of directors will back him in his bid to cement Villa's challenge for a Champions League spot.

But Leeds manager David O'Leary is also an admirer of Izzet, although last week he signed a player in Seth Johnson from Derby who fills a similar type of role.

Izzet's agent Jonathan Barnett insisted the transfer request was not a case of Izzet "abandoning ship" with Leicester struggling at the foot of the Premiership.

"It's about finding a club with more chance of winning things," Barnett told Sky Sports News.

"He's had chance to join bigger clubs before but now he has thought about it and it is time to move on.

"He loves Leicester and it has taken him a long time to get up the courage to do it.

"We've had not contact with other clubs and hopefully they will contact Leicester and tell us who are interested in him.

"Leicester were obviously sad but have been very nice to Muzzy and good about it. They understood his problems and his desires.

"It's not just a question of abandoning ship. It's about finding a club that will help his career and advance it."

58 minutes ago, the fox said:

Izzet hands Leicester transfer request

Fri 26 Oct 2001 12.31 BSTFirst published on Fri 26 Oct 2001 12.31 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
  • View more sharing options
 This article is 16 years old

Shares

Leicester midfielder Muzzy Izzet has handed in a transfer request which is likely to start a battle for his signature between Aston Villa and Leeds.

The Turkish international had made it clear two weeks ago that he was unhappy at Filbert Street and was to consider his future.

Now, he has formally asked for a move after a lengthy meeting between himself, his adviser Jonathan Barnett and Foxes manager Dave Bassett.

Izzet is City's longest-serving player, having been snapped up from Chelsea by Martin O'Neill for £800,000 six years ago.

But now Leicester are likely to ask for around 10 times that amount for their most valuable asset.

Advertisement

It is another step in the break-up of the side built by O'Neill following the departure in the last 18 months of Emile Heskey to Liverpool for £11m and Neil Lennon to Celtic for nearly £6m.

Izzet said: "It was a very difficult decision for me and I have agonised over it for several months.

"But my desire is to be as successful as possible and, although it hurts me to say it, I think it is in my best interests that I have a new challenge away from Leicester City."

Bassett had already hinted on Thursday that he was fearing the worst in terms of Izzet wanting to leave City.

He said: "I have spoken with Muzzy and his adviser and after a long discussion, he has put in a transfer request. It is disappointing because you want to keep your best players, but the club will not stand in his way."

Villa appear to be favourites to sign Izzet and manager John Gregory had a bid rejected for his services by Leicester chairman John Elsom last season.

Gregory has stressed that strengthening the midfield department is his number one priority and he has been assured that the board of directors will back him in his bid to cement Villa's challenge for a Champions League spot.

But Leeds manager David O'Leary is also an admirer of Izzet, although last week he signed a player in Seth Johnson from Derby who fills a similar type of role.

Izzet's agent Jonathan Barnett insisted the transfer request was not a case of Izzet "abandoning ship" with Leicester struggling at the foot of the Premiership.

"It's about finding a club with more chance of winning things," Barnett told Sky Sports News.

"He's had chance to join bigger clubs before but now he has thought about it and it is time to move on.

"He loves Leicester and it has taken him a long time to get up the courage to do it.

"We've had not contact with other clubs and hopefully they will contact Leicester and tell us who are interested in him.

"Leicester were obviously sad but have been very nice to Muzzy and good about it. They understood his problems and his desires.

"It's not just a question of abandoning ship. It's about finding a club that will help his career and advance it."

But then he turned the offer down! Then we got relegated and we walked the league with him and got promoted then he left! 

He never once downed tools! 

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

But then he turned the offer down! Then we got relegated and we walked the league with him and got promoted then he left! 

But Weller did.

Staying or leaving isn't the point of discussion here, we're talking about handing in a transfer request.
Imo, the amount of leeway you get should be equivalent to how good of a footballer you are. If you're worth the headache, you are worth letting somethings slip by.

17 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Mahrez never downed tools on the pitch. Never.

Got stranded in airports yes, threw his toys out of the pram and then went on a two weeks "depression" cure yes, but on the pitch? Hell, no.

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Got stranded in airports yes, threw his toys out of the pram and then went on a two weeks "depression" cure yes, but on the pitch? Hell, no.

Where were you 16/17 season?

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

You've got to be on the pitch to down tools on the pitch. :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Only watched him once and didn't rate him much , sadly I missed it when we had the friendly . Anybody watched him regularly ? does he burn hot and cold ?

Are we still talking about Thorgan Hazard?

I've never seen him play but I believe he made the Bundesliga team of the year, the year before last.

Has similar stats to Mahrez this season 8 goals and 5 assists and he's only 24.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

Are we still talking about Thorgan Hazard?

I've never seen him play but I believe he made the Bundesliga team of the year, the year before last.

Has similar stats to Mahrez this season 8 goals and 5 assists and he's only 24.

Obviously caught him on an off day then.

• 2 weeks later...