Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Riyad Mahez - We’ll miss him when he’s gone

6 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Think we should retire 26 if he leaves.

Of course he's leaving - that is unless no-one wants him. He's been camped out begging for teams to buy him the last 3 transfer periods.

Interesting, American, idea to "retire" his shirt, somebody else suggested a statue. I think we should just rename the stadium after his father and dump the name Leicester City to replace it with RiyadMehrez Citeh.

5 hours ago, Foxy_jim said:

His replacement is already here and his name is Diabate

I'm hopeful. It's early days but there are signs. For someone both new to us and the Prem (from French div 2 no less), he does show remarkable confidence and maturity. He appears naturally skilled, quick footed and pacey so, yes, I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

There is no way we can replace him, not a chance.

Where can you find a RM with the ability to get 10+ goals and 10+ assists in the league, very good passer, injury free and doesn't have an ego that can clash with the old guards? that just eliminated Zaha and Shaqiri.

change the system and spred the wealth. a 4-3-3 with Gray, Vardy and Diabate up top

Edited by the fox

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Of course he's leaving - that is unless no-one wants him. He's been camped out begging for teams to buy him the last 3 transfer periods.

Interesting, American, idea to "retire" his shirt, somebody else suggested a statue. I think we should just rename the stadium after his father and dump the name Leicester City to replace it with RiyadMehrez Citeh.

If you don't want a statue of this pic outside the king power in 20 years time then i don't know what to say....

2EAAF69900000578-3956984-image-m-5_14797

On 13/03/2018 at 21:19, st albans fox said:

There are restrictions as to the year on year increase payable to the squad. If you are thinking about paying those kind of salaries, you will need to get rid of a few players without replacing them. 

We might stretch to 150k with a single year extension but vardy prob won’t get any extra years added but could have a similar increase. 

I dont think 150k will be enough to keep Riyad. 

FFP rules - PRevents upward mobility of clubs & keeps the big teams at the top

• Like 1

On 15/03/2018 at 14:52, Royston. said:

Think we should retire 26 if he leaves.

I don't think we should look to replace him individually rather get the other members of the team to pull their fingers out and make us dangerous from all area's, not just one man.

Retire Vardy 9 yes (hoping not soon) but not Mahrez 26.

Riyad is arguably our greatest ever player but he has let himself down with the way he has acted over the past 18 months. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

someone mentioned it in this thread earlier, but jesus Christ the amount of Mahrez-themed media we're doing right now. Definitely trying to inflate his price.

Thought the same but maybe it's a mean to have more social media influx. most of the twitter posts are about him. the account's header is mahrez, a lot of the build-up posts have his pic and they even tweeted about his new FIFA 18 card yesterday.

Edited by the fox

On 14/03/2018 at 10:06, Col city fan said:

I genuinely believe Mahrez on current form could look good in any club side on the planet.

He’s world class. 

If he's world class what is Eriksen?

Surely there can only be perhaps 15 players at most described as world class since that infers they would be the selections for a "world" team. In that team there could be what? 5 attacking midfielders/wingers? You're not really saying that you'd put Mahrez in those 5 are you? If I was being generous I couldn't put him in the top single figures of world wingers, let alone creative attackers.

I don't think Mahrez would start in any of the top 6 teams - they all have at least 1 (and usually more than 1) creative attacking player who is better than Riyad. 

Why can't we be happy that he's great for us without making ridiculous statements? 

He is at the level of team he should be, it's a shame he doesn't realise that. 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

@FIF Mahrez has the same amount of assists and 3 more goals than Eriksen this season in the league in 260 less minutes (almost 3 games).

You keep trying to use these stats to convince me. Like the one where you "show" Mahrez is better than Hazard and before that Couthino (where you always start with our champion's year - Mahrez one and only really good season for us). Yet you also dismissed the stats I gave you that showed Mahrez had high (and wasted) usage. Stats can show anything we want them to.

I use my eyes. Eriksen is so much better, that anyone who wouldn't swap Mahrez and cash for Eriksen is fooling themselves. How do their usage and passing stats compare? Who is more accurate at corners and free kicks? Who defends better? I haven't looked at the stats, perhaps you can convince me yet?

1 hour ago, FIF said:

You keep trying to use these stats to convince me. Like the one where you "show" Mahrez is better than Hazard and before that Couthino (where you always start with our champion's year - Mahrez one and only really good season for us). Yet you also dismissed the stats I gave you that showed Mahrez had high (and wasted) usage. Stats can show anything we want them to.

I use my eyes. Eriksen is so much better, that anyone who wouldn't swap Mahrez and cash for Eriksen is fooling themselves. How do their usage and passing stats compare? Who is more accurate at corners and free kicks? Who defends better? I haven't looked at the stats, perhaps you can convince me yet?

When did i say he's better? I said that he has a better end-product than those 2 players with an inferior squad around him. and why when it comes to Mahrez stats suddenly not matter? Did you know that Mahrez has the same number of non-penalty goals in the league as Vards? and half of his open play goals are assisted by Riyad.

Those stats (about him vs Hazard and Coutinho) are from the last 3 seasons, including his bad past season.

And what usage stats are you talking about? He is the joint 53rd ranked player when it comes to touches in the league with 1584 (the same amount of touches as aaron cresswell and joe allen) that's 768 less touches than Eriksen this season. 

first of all, it's debatable because they don't play the same position. is he better than mahrez at the moment? yes but not much better. secondly, they don't have the same quality around them.

here are the stats!
mahrez averages about 34 passes on about 79% a game while Eriksen almost double that with 61 passes on about 83%

Ericsen, the elite playmaker created 13 big chances and has 8 assists with a lot more usage than the "not-good-enough" mahrez who has 8 assists and 2 big chances shy of Ericsen's tally (11)

As for crosses, Ericson has 173 crosses on 24% accuracy while mahrez has 110 on 22%. Just 2% and you are talking like he's so much better

Aren't the stats saying that mahrez is maybe a more efficient creator? Doing almost the same when it comes to the 2 biggest categories (assists and big chances created) with a lot less to work with. And make sure to remember that Mahrez now is being compared to an elite CAM and an amazing playmaker on a possession based said while He (Mahrez) plays as a RM in our system.

defense is Ericsen's even though some stats like duels and tackle % are in favour of mahrez.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Let us know when you 2 bald bores have stopped arguing over the comb.

It will never end.

One loves RM too much, the other literally hates him. 

#FreeMehrezfromFIFandtheFox

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

That’s why I’ve not replied again to FIF.

No point. 

Wise man - no idea why FIF feels obliged to argue every Mahrez related post, or anyone whose opinion on Mahrez differs from his/hers.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2

He can be frustrating most of the time but hey what a magician on the ball.. we've all been treated to one of the world s greatest magic shows winning the league with his talent..what a ride we've been on.. although his disappearing act is not the best & needs work..ha..

10 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

He can be frustrating most of the time but hey what a magician on the ball.. we've all been treated to one of the world s greatest magic shows winning the league with his talent..what a ride we've been on.. although his disappearing act is not the best & needs work..ha..

Heard you like magic?

Edited by Costock_Fox