Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Riyad Mahez - We’ll miss him when he’s gone

54 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I always find it uplifting to know that City fans are never content to be negative about the season we're in. It takes a special kind of supporter that is prepared to put in the hard yards to get negative about a season that hasn't even started yet.

True supporters already know that all of our summer signings will be dogshit. The hardcore fan already knows that Puel will lose the changing room halfway through August.

Well done, city fans. Well done. 

:plancque:

I can also predict the lottery numbers...

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's quite lucky that Puel etc have forgiven him and allowed to return to the team.

Well, it's not like you can send your best player to the reserves after having spit on 65M.

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

He's three assists away from and two goals ahead of Leroy Sane.

And six assists away from and three goals ahead of De Bruyne.

These two should surely be his targets for the remainder of the season.

I said in December that he'll hit the double digits for both goals and assists if he keeps his form and he's on his way to achieve it. In a misfiring team and miles away from the support Sané or De Bruyne can get. These numbers should be taken into consideration by all the naysayers who think he wouldn't make it in the top 6.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I said in December that he'll hit the double digits for both goals and assists if he keeps his form and he's on his way to achieve it. In a misfiring team and miles away from the support Sané or De Bruyne can get. These numbers should be taken into consideration by all the naysayers who think he wouldn't make in the top 6.

I agree, although you can also say Riyad is practically our only creator so most of our goals have to go through him, whereas Man City have other options and so their play isn't directed through one player. Nonetheless, if he overtakes one or both in assists it'll be hard to argue against the idea he's the best chance creator in the league.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I said in December that he'll hit the double digits for both goals and assists if he keeps his form and he's on his way to achieve it. In a misfiring team and miles away from the support Sané or De Bruyne can get. These numbers should be taken into consideration by all the naysayers who think he wouldn't make it in the top 6.

He won't look so good in a top side his figures will drop. He won't be the go to player in a man city side like he is with us.

Barca Madrid Mancity have many routes to take we have one. I'm not saying he won't hack it but he will be a long way from being the go to player he is with us.

With us much as I hate his attitude he is the stand out player. He won't be that with the big boys.

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He won't look so good in a top side his figures will drop. He won't be the go to player in a man city side like he is with us.

Barca Madrid Mancity have many routes to take we have one. I'm not saying he won't hack it but he will be a long way from being the go to player he is with us.

With us much as I hate his attitude he is the stand out player. He won't be that with the big boys.

The competition will be undoubtedly harder but I, however, don't write off a player before they even get a chance to prove themselves.

Edited by ZeGuy

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

The concurrence will be undoubtedly harder but I, however, don't write off a player before they even get a chance to prove themselves.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing. I've not written him off at all as a player. But let's be honest do you see a major side saying when you get the ball look for Mahrez like we do.

Yes he wont be double teamed like he is with us. But he will be far from the only/go to outlet he is with us.

30 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Hind sight is a wonderful thing. I've not written him off at all as a player. But let's be honest do you see a major side saying when you get the ball look for Mahrez like we do.

Yes he wont be double teamed like he is with us. But he will be far from the only/go to outlet he is with us.

Why not?

Chelsea have featured Drinky, like we did, and he's putting up the stats. Ulloa is tearing up trees for Brighton and Slimani hasn't put a foot wrong at Newcastle. We'llmisshimwhenhe'sgone will be Mancity's go to guy and have 30 goals and 30 assists in his first 3 weeks there.

You have such little faith Sylo.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Sides can pick tactics that nullify us by focusing on Mahrez & Vardy, if Mahrez was at Man City, with Man City players around him it would make him better

58 minutes ago, FIF said:

Why not?

Chelsea have featured Drinky, like we did, and he's putting up the stats. Ulloa is tearing up trees for Brighton and Slimani hasn't put a foot wrong at Newcastle. We'llmisshimwhenhe'sgone will be Mancity's go to guy and have 30 goals and 30 assists in his first 3 weeks there.

You have such little faith Sylo.

lollol are you taking the piss lol 

Your holding up a piss poor Chelsea Newcastle and Brighton  to counter my point lollol  ffs Mahrez ain't going to doncaster.

Have you really missed my point or (not a comment I like to make) are you on drugs or stupid.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Sides can pick tactics that nullify us by focusing on Mahrez & Vardy, if Mahrez was at Man City, with Man City players around him it would make him better

I'm not saying he won't. But atm we put 75% of play through Mahrez do you see Man city Barca or Madrid channeling 75% through Mahrez?

He will never see the play we give him.

7 hours ago, the fox said:

Didn't notice this new header until today.

55.thumb.PNG.79853f9dce0c21b18ebc3e6c80c4f4bd.PNG

It's noticeable that the club are giving him more of a profile since January, with a number of interviews and articles about him on social media and the official website. I have no doubt they are trying to make him the star player and build the team around him (and have probably told him this is their plan). Whether or not that will make a difference to him staying I don't know, but I think the club would even sanction the best ever contract for a player for Riyad, perhaps going into even Man City ranges (though not Man United who with their Sanchez deal are on a totally different level) of something like 250-300k.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's noticeable that the club are giving him more of a profile since January, with a number of interviews and articles about him on social media and the official website. I have no doubt they are trying to make him the star player and build the team around him (and have probably told him this is their plan). Whether or not that will make a difference to him staying I don't know, but I think the club would even sanction the best ever contract for a player for Riyad, perhaps going into even Man City ranges (though not Man United who with their Sanchez deal are on a totally different level) of something like 250-300k.

250K for riyad and 175k for vards is pretty fair imo. The best an second best players outside the top-6. they are worth alot to this club. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, the fox said:

250K for riyad and 175k for vards is pretty fair imo. The best an second best players outside the top-6. they are worth alot to this club. 

It’s insane money but it’s all about supply and demand. Both are the best players we’ve ever had along with Kante. Mahrez will likely get that money elsewhere so it is worth it if he plays like he has been. 

I personally also think Vardy is worth that as to me and many others he is literally a living legend in the way that his style of play represents the typical fan’s ideal team player. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

2 hours ago, the fox said:

There are restrictions as to the year on year increase payable to the squad. If you are thinking about paying those kind of salaries, you will need to get rid of a few players without replacing them. 

We might stretch to 150k with a single year extension but vardy prob won’t get any extra years added but could have a similar increase. 

I dont think 150k will be enough to keep Riyad. 

I actually think he is playing better this season than ever.  He truly is a fantastic footballer.  Every time he gets the ball on the right and cuts in you just feel like something is going to happen.  The ball he played in before we equalised that Vardy and Gray almost got to was amazing.  We should enjoy him while we can.  X

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

I'm not saying he won't. But atm we put 75% of play through Mahrez do you see Man city Barca or Madrid channeling 75% through Mahrez?

He will never see the play we give him.

He won't get the percentage we give him, but Man City, Barca and Madrid create considerably more chances than we do, giving him plenty of opportunities despite the decreasing percentage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

.... Bingo!! And that's exactly what many of the "experts" in here appear to (willingly or absurdly) force themselves to ignore!!

31 minutes ago, Nirvana31 said:

.... Bingo!! And that's exactly what many of the "experts" in here appear to (willingly or absurdly) force themselves to ignore!!

And you're a Riyad expert, I presume? Took a look at your profile and your posts on this forum are only about him.

Edited by ZeGuy