Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Riyad Mahez - We’ll miss him when he’s gone

Zaha can torment any premier league side on his day, might just be the sort of player who could fill Mahrez's role when he does eventually leave, certainly a more ambitious option to Townsend if we can keep him fit. If palace go down too could be a steal.

Zaha can torment any premier league side on his day, might just be the sort of player who could fill Mahrez's role when he does eventually leave, certainly a more ambitious option to Townsend if we can keep him fit. If palace go down too could be a steal.

50 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For the good of the player now, I’m afraid, we need to receive a bid in the summer which is acceptable to the club, and allow him to leave.

I think getting a bid will be more for the good of the club. If we dont let him go now i can see problems within the team.

If he strops and remains here I don't see other players being so understanding next time around.

15 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

And you're a Riyad expert, I presume? Took a look at your profile and your posts on this forum are only about him.

Bingo^2!!! I am an expert of good/quality football only .. now, cook this the way it pleases you and suits the other "experts" ;) .

Edited by Nirvana31

5 minutes ago, Nirvana31 said:

Bingo^2!!! I am an expert of good/quality football only .. now, cook this the way it pleases you and suits the other "experts" ;) .

Hmm, I think I have the right recipe for you. Very successful against the algerian Mahrez fanboys.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jonw88 said:

Gray can torment defences on his day too, but like Zaha they’re both very inconsistent. Zaha has 4 goals and 3 assists this season which is pretty average.

13 hours ago, jonw88 said:

Lol, Zaha ain't even fit to lace Mahrez's right boot. 

Edited by ZeGuy

Zaha is good but not a player that can give the keys to for a top 8 team. Not enough end-product for my liking.

He would make a killing as the second option ( a support winger) in the opposite side of Mahrez though.

Edited by the fox

If you want to know how great Mahrez actually is, just ask yourself, "how many RMs can get us double digits in goals and assists are out there". Disqualifying the stat-padding system of man city, not that many

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, the fox said:

If you want to know how great Mahrez actually is, just ask yourself, "how many RMs can get us double digits in goals and assists are out there". Disqualifying the stat-padding system of man city, not that many

Stat padding system lol

I'm yet to be convinced about Zaha, for me he's just a fast footballer that lacks consistency. An upgrade on a Schluup type, but not in any way a replacement for Mahrez. I don't think we can replace him directly, but i think that DIabate might have a chance of becoming something special if he's given the same chance that Mahrez was when he arrived here. In essence i think we need to find someone like Mahrez, we're not in the same league as those who can buy him as a finished product. 

16 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Gray can torment defences on his day too, but like Zaha they’re both very inconsistent. Zaha has 4 goals and 3 assists this season which is pretty average.

I can't remember the last defence Gray tormented to be honest. The more I watch him the more one-dimensional I think he is.

15 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol, Zaha ain't even fit to lace Mahrez's right boot. 

This is forever going to be an issue. Zaha would be a very good signing for us, but he's going to get stick from people for not being Mahrez. It's the same way Kante was irreplaceable. I like Ndidi but he isn't at Kante's level.

13 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

If we lose him we won't be able to replace him with one player.

The big problem that we didn't solve post 15/16 and still haven't solved is how to replace his goals and assists.

We've added no goals to the team, and we've added precious little creativity.

If we take this season alone then we'd need to find 18 goals (10 goals and 8 assists) either from within the squad or from a new signing. He's been directly involved in 42% of our league goals. There is no one else in the league who we could realistically sign that could replicate that.

We should be adding creativity even if by some miracle he stays. We are pitiful for creativity without him.

I think some of you lot are selling Zaha a bit short. He's come on a lot. I used to think he was overrated but Palace are probably even more reliant on him than we are Mahrez.

Shaqiri would be a decent option. Don't think he's as good as Mahrez but he has a very similar playing style. I wouldn't be upset if we signed him and someone else creative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think some of you lot are selling Zaha a bit short. He's come on a lot. I used to think he was overrated but Palace are probably even more reliant on him than we are Mahrez.

Shaqiri would be a decent option. Don't think he's as good as Mahrez but he has a very similar playing style. I wouldn't be upset if we signed him and someone else creative.

Dunno really about Zaha, but Palace seem to be more dangerous with him.

Shaqiri I like, but he's always looked unfit to me, and he's temperamental.

1 hour ago, Foxy_jim said:

His replacement is already here and his name is Diabate?

Diabate surprised me when he played against Peterborough, looks as though he's unselfish and has a lot of skill - also seemed to be somewhat creative. In the vacuum of Mahrez, he could be the answer - When he's a shoe-in and not nurtured. He just seems to be a little "slight" for the PL.

We also gotta see who Puel has ear-marked in the Summer!!