Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Exercise

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Joined DW Fitness Gym today - quite proud of myself actually :)

Only £18.95 per month including unlimited classes, I think that's an absolute bargain. I currently pay £9 for a local Pilates class each week which works out at £36 a month!

Already signed up for Pilates, Yoga and some Core class over the next few days, so I'm definitely going to get my moneys worth.

Also need to build up my strength and put a bit of muscle back on, so all in all feeling pretty confident about the future :thumbup:

Nice one, keep at it and when you start to see results you will be motivated.

I’m a month and a week into Insanity Max 30, absolutely hardcore. Dripping with sweat by the end of it every time, will be proud of myself but ****ing hell it needs to end.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2018 at 20:08, Costock_Fox said:

Nice one, keep at it and when you start to see results you will be motivated.

I’m a month and a week into Insanity Max 30, absolutely hardcore. Dripping with sweat by the end of it every time, will be proud of myself but ****ing hell it needs to end.

You must be fvckin nuts doing that Insanity stuff - it's insane :D

I'm only 2 weeks into this gym lark but I'm loving it. I've done a couple of these 'Core' classes and my abs are fvcked afterwards but it's all good. My missus and kids both commented that I seem happier since joining so maybe the old endorphins are doing the trick.

I've also got two free PT sessions coming up so hoping to get a proper programme sorted just for what I need. 

But fvck me there's some big fit lads down there :o Right proper posers but if I looked like that I'd probably be a poser too... 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You must be fvckin nuts doing that Insanity stuff - it's insane :D

I'm only 2 weeks into this gym lark but I'm loving it. I've done a couple of these 'Core' classes and my abs are fvcked afterwards but it's all good. My missus and kids both commented that I seem happier since joining so maybe the old endorphins are doing the trick.

I've also got two free PT sessions coming up so hoping to get a proper programme sorted just for what I need. 

But fvck me there's some big fit lads down there :o Right proper posers but if I looked like that I'd probably be a poser too... 

Good stuff, glad to hear it.

Mine has died off a little bit but still did it 3x last week and played football once. The problem with playing footy is I ache like crazy for a good 3 days after at the minute so that limits the work I can do.

currently stuck in the middle, do I start up running again or do I just keep lifting weights? 

kinda leaning towards moving to a 2 days a week strength training (Squat, Deadlift, Bench press and Shoulder press and perhaps rows) supplemented with plenty of cardio surrounding those two days, does anyone else here run anything similar?

Edited by lcfc sheff

20 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

currently stuck in the middle, do I start up running again or do I just keep lifting weights? 

kinda leaning towards moving to a 2 days a week strength training (S,D,B and SP and perhaps rows) supplemented with plenty of cardio surrounding those two days, does anyone else here run anything similar?

For a novice like me, what do those letters all stand for?

In currently doing -

Sat- callesentics bodyweight workout(pull ups,dips,push ups etc)

Sunday- 6/7 mile run.

Mon-Rest

Tues-High intensity training session

Wednesday- 1 mile sprint run

Thursday-Rest

Friday -High intensity again.

For a 47 year old it's fecking tough..but I'm in the best shape of my life!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Raj said:

In currently doing -

Sat- callesentics bodyweight workout(pull ups,dips,push ups etc)

Sunday- 6/7 mile run.

Mon-Rest

Tues-High intensity training session

Wednesday- 1 mile sprint run

Thursday-Rest

Friday -High intensity again.

For a 47 year old it's fecking tough..but I'm in the best shape of my life!!!

We're of a similar age Raj. You're an inspiration!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

kinda leaning towards moving to a 2 days a week strength training (Squat, Deadlift, Bench press and Shoulder press and perhaps rows) supplemented with plenty of cardio surrounding those two days, does anyone else here run anything similar?

Yeah see above post.

If you want me to break down the exercises and reps for each muscle group then I happily will.

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We're of a similar age Raj. You're an inspiration!

LOL... wouldn't say that but it DOES help my mental state of mind too. Having a 9 and  5 year old children That too keeps me on my toes. The older we get the more important it is to keep active.

I also cycle to and from work which I only a 7/8 mile round trip but every little helps.

An important aspect is the REST. I find it very hard mentally NOT to train and have a week off. I was SO tired a month ago I decided to have a whole week without any exercise. Once I got over the first day or so of missing exercise it was GREAT. Left me invigorated, motivated and my body needed the rest. SO listen to your body. There's a difference between pushing yourself AND needing a rest!!!

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

I've recently bought a Road Bike and have been out on it pretty much everyday so far. 

Been cycling 13.5miles each day. Currently loving it.

If you're not a fan of the gym and prefer excersizing in the outdoors, I'd definitely recommend. 

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah see above post.

If you want me to break down the exercises and reps for each muscle group then I happily will.

Cheers for the suggestion! 

If im being honest I'm more interested in how you've experienced it? Enough recovery? Do you up calories on certain days and how it's effected you physically? 

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Cheers for the suggestion! 

If im being honest I'm more interested in how you've experienced it? Enough recovery? Do you up calories on certain days and how it's effected you physically? 

I suppose the point I was trying to make was that you can train far more effectively in terms of both results and recovery if you split your weights sessions into muscle groups. If you do all body twice a week then you won't recover in time and risk plateauing and not seeing gains.

I drink a couple of whey protein shakes a day with milk, avoid bread at lunch where possible and eat meat and 4 veg every night! I also drink half a bottle of gin which is less helpful.

14 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I suppose the point I was trying to make was that you can train far more effectively in terms of both results and recovery if you split your weights sessions into muscle groups. If you do all body twice a week then you won't recover in time and risk plateauing and not seeing gains.

I drink a couple of whey protein shakes a day with milk, avoid bread at lunch where possible and eat meat and 4 veg every night! I also drink half a bottle of gin which is less helpful.

twice a week full body I think personally would be fine for myself but I can definitely see where you're coming from. I'm personally not seeking any sort of muscle gain if I'm being honest, more about maintaining strength while also perhaps getting fitter in terms of my cardio as i'd like to start playing football again or even box, where obviously too much focus on muscle gain usually hinders both of them.

also, in terms of you're general diet is there a particular reason you avoid bread at lunch? 

and what times of day do you train or aim to train?

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

twice a week full body I think personally would be fine for myself but I can definitely see where you're coming from. I'm personally not seeking any sort of muscle gain if I'm being honest, more about maintaining strength while also perhaps getting fitter in terms of my cardio as i'd like to start playing football again or even box, where obviously too much focus on muscle gain usually hinders both of them.

also, in terms of you're general diet is there a particular reason you avoid bread at lunch? 

and what times of day do you train or aim to train?

Train in the mornings apart from weekends and the odd day at 3-4pm if I have stuff to do early doors.

Bread seems to not sit with me too well and I find it bloating so I eat protein based foods as much as possible as it suits me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Train in the mornings apart from weekends and the odd day at 3-4pm if I have stuff to do early doors.

Bread seems to not sit with me too well and I find it bloating so I eat protein based foods as much as possible as it suits me.

thank you, I'll let you know how it goes 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Monday

Tuesday- took her for a drink

Wednesday- we were making love 

Thursday- shagging

Friday- shagging

Saturday- shagging

Sunday- rest day

What happened monday? Did you save her from a tramatic potential sexual assault? Are you related to tincy in any way or are you tincy in disguise?

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

What happened monday? Did you save her from a tramatic potential sexual assault? Are you related to tincy in any way or are you tincy in disguise?

Not sure couldn’t remember what Craig David said happened 

• Like 1