Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Exercise

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

Ive started going this year. Twice a week 30mins rowing 6500-7000m (damper on max cos i am a muppet) and recumbent for 30mins 10miles.

I only go for the exercise, and I wasn't particularly bothered about weights/muscle building etc. 

However I am now looking at expanding into other bits of equipment. What is good for upper body and chest?

Waste of time that mate, you’ll just end up hunching your back and failing to transfer any power from your legs into the machine. The stroke should be about 80% legs maintaining a solid core throughout. Damper setting should be more like 5. Even pro-rowers don’t usually go any higher than about 6.

Edited by Rogstanley

17 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Waste of time that mate, you’ll just end up hunching your back and failing to transfer any power from your legs into the machine. The stroke should be about 80% legs maintaining a solid core throughout. Damper setting should be more like 5. Even pro-rowers don’t usually go any higher than about 6.

Legs feel it afterwards but the rest of my body feels fine. Technique is something which I spent a while focusing on. 

Hi all

If there is already a thread for this let me know and merge accordingly......

As I am hurtling towards 40 I have recently started going to the gym in an attempt to not die too early and to stop being a "skinny fat person".  Having never really been a gym person (and always weighing about 11 stone despite being 6'1'' until) I struggled at first but have gotten quite into it in the past few months.  I even "lift" which is something I thought I would never do.  To be fair I only lift tiny weights and still feel a bit stupid doing it but am quite enjoying it and wishing I had started earlier before I was old and my body had started to give up.

Anyhoo, I have been doing it myself and learned most things off Google/Youtube/watching bigger boys at the gym so thought a thread where people could discuss all things fitness/gym related might be useful.  I know I felt silly and a bit intimidated by the whole gym thing when I started and a place to ask stupid questions would have been beneficial

Cheers

Rumble.

X

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Hi all

If there is already a thread for this let me know and merge accordingly......

As I am hurtling towards 40 I have recently started going to the gym in an attempt to not die too early and to stop being a "skinny fat person".  Having never really been a gym person (and always weighing about 11 stone despite being 6'1'' until) I struggled at first but have gotten quite into it in the past few months.  I even "lift" which is something I thought I would never do.  To be fair I only lift tiny weights and still feel a bit stupid doing it but am quite enjoying it and wishing I had started earlier before I was old and my body had started to give up.

Anyhoo, I have been doing it myself and learned most things off Google/Youtube/watching bigger boys at the gym so thought a thread where people could discuss all things fitness/gym related might be useful.  I know I felt silly and a bit intimidated by the whole gym thing when I started and a place to ask stupid questions would have been beneficial

Cheers

Rumble.

X

I have been doing Insanity Max 30 for the past few days after going a bit overboard in Brighton and it’s a killer!

30 minutes flat out exercise with no equipment at home with minimal rest (probably 30 seconds every 5 minutes). If that doesn’t get me back into shape nothing will.

Will be day 3 today and my hamstrings are in bits.

Whatever anyone does is good in my opinion, especially as you get older.

I only do 2 hours a week, a mixed workout just to get me moving, but the rewards are fantastic.

You wouldn’t be able to tell to look, but my back used to be in bits, but the core exercises sort that out. Then the second big thing is my cholesterol was high, but now it has come down to a really low level.

So for me, it’s a massive change as just a couple of hours a week have made a difference to health 

• Like 1

Rocks, heather and stunning scenery are my favourite exercise.

When I am working down south and none of these things are available I reluctantly resort to the gym, usually with an MP3 player and a book to stave off the boredom.

The one in Frome, Somerset was the worst. A dirty great agricultural metal shed full of people covered in tattoos shouting at each other.

I am rubbish at weights, and have got even worse following heart surgery which meant my upper torso being almost cut in half. The chest muscles have never really recovered from that.

On a bike I am considerably better than half my age, according to the display on a machine. I can churn out 200W for hours on end.

No great shakes compared to a competitive cyclist, but typically two or three times as much as the next bike in the row.

13 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds like a night in a whore house with Donald Trump.

'Fraid not. Can't stand the narcissistic fat c**t. Don't like the look of the trollop he paid off to keep her mouth shut either. Or his trophy wife and his family, parasites on the White House payroll.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I might do this is it on YouTube or do you have the dvds?

The first 5 days are on you tube but you just cycle the days so you could do a month.

I have now downloaded the actual plan which has the proper videos and excel documents to track measurements etc.

If I can do it for the whole 60 days and keep my diet decent it can’t not work. I’m literally dripping with sweat after 30 mins.

Shaun T is bloody hilarious though, the most American American I’ve ever seen.

1 hour ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Been going 5 times a week since I started about 5 weeks ago. Can see the difference massively in the weights I’m doing. As of today, I am going to do at least a 15 minute run everyday for the next year.

Well done mate, it’s when I start to notice a difference I get really motivated.

Day 8 of Insanity Max 30 done. Safe to say that’s the worst I’ve felt after it. Thought I was going to pass out after so and so I’ve gone to bed ???.

Do it guys it’s a good laugh, honest.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well done mate, it’s when I start to notice a difference I get really motivated.

Day 8 of Insanity Max 30 done. Safe to say that’s the worst I’ve felt after it. Thought I was going to pass out after so and so I’ve gone to bed ???.

Do it guys it’s a good laugh, honest.

You watch it on the YouTube you say?