Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Exercise

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm feeling guilty about having a 'rest day' - is that normal?

I'm almost at the stage where I'm thinking that if I'm not doing something then I'm going backwards? :blink:

Surely that's BS though right? My muscles are aching like fvck though so I couldn't do anything today even if I tried :D

You need a rest mate. I’m on my third rest day and I feel really guilty to the point where I nearly went for a run in the rain earlier.

I think most people who exercise regularly feel the same way about rest days but it is a necessity.

• Thanks 1

So... I fell off the wheel since I finished university 2 months ago, so from today onwards I’m going to post in this thread to keep myself accountable.

Did a ‘push’ workout today.(chest, shoulders and triceps) 

im noticeably weaker which is no surprise, hoping my strength catches up to my ego in a month or so ?

14 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

So... I fell off the wheel since I finished university 2 months ago, so from today onwards I’m going to post in this thread to keep myself accountable.

im noticeably weaker which is no surprise, hoping my strength catches up to my ego in a month or so ?

I stopped doing any kind of weight training for two months and the amount of strength I have lost is crazy.

Get back in the habit mate as that’s all it is and prepare for the pain when you do a decent work out haha.

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I stopped doing any kind of weight training for two months and the amount of strength I have lost is crazy.

Get back in the habit mate as that’s all it is and prepare for the pain when you do a decent work out haha.

That’s the thing I’m most worried about, the initial week back on the weights will definitely destroy me but I’ll just have to push myself through the DOMs haha.

im currently working as a waiter whilst looking for an office based job so I’m fearful it’ll make my shifts intolerable for a few weeks, gonna bulk up hopefully so I recover quickly ?

29 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Every cloud etc, but this has actually made me happy.

I have had an enforced break through a leg infection and was feeling a bit shitty because I'd lost some fitness - I put it down to age but if it happens to you young fellas too, I can live with that and just get back to it.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I have had an enforced break through a leg infection and was feeling a bit shitty because I'd lost some fitness - I put it down to age but if it happens to you young fellas too, I can live with that and just get back to it.

Honestly I’ve trained pretty consistently for 6 years and it’s crazy how quickly you can lose it, I’ve not even put on or lost weight really either to put things into perspective.

As long as you get back into it, it always comes back; just have to get over than initial hurdle of actually starting again.

I’m going on holiday for 2 weeks in a few days and in a way I’m dreading undoing all the hard work and graft I’ve put in over the last few months.

Surely you can’t go that far backwards doing nothing for 2 weeks? I think they have running machines in a small gym at the hotel but I might pack my resistance bands just so I’m doing something.

I’m amazed at how addictive this gym shit is. 

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m going on holiday for 2 weeks in a few days and in a way I’m dreading undoing all the hard work and graft I’ve put in over the last few months.

Surely you can’t go that far backwards doing nothing for 2 weeks? I think they have running machines in a small gym at the hotel but I might pack my resistance bands just so I’m doing something.

Unfortunately, you can. :(

The good news is that your muscles have 'memory' so getting it back isn't as hard as it was to get it in the first place. Swimming is a good holiday option for keeping you toned, mate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Lol mate you are going on holiday to drink beer and get fat, screw the gym. You won’t go that far back in two weeks.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Lol mate you are going on holiday to drink beer and get fat, screw the gym. You won’t go that far back in two weeks.

Mate you laugh but I don't drink anymore and I couldn't get fat if I tried lol

It's interesting (to me anyway) that going to the gym has really made me change my diet too. It seems pointless slogging my guts out in the gym to then go home and eat crap food. My PT has done me this diet plan which is mainly protein based but he eats EIGHT meals a day and suggests I eat six but I just haven't got the capacity or appetite to eat that much. 

These protein and mass gainer shakes are helping and if I get a sugar craving I eat a protein bar instead.

The weird thing is we had a Chinese take away last night for my lads birthday. It was the first one I'd had in months and it tasted rank.

I feel like such a goody two shoes preaching about all this fitness and healthy eating lark but I've really caught the bug with it all. It's a real reflection of my 'all or nothing' personality I think lol

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Mate you laugh but I don't drink anymore and I couldn't get fat if I tried lol

It's interesting (to me anyway) that going to the gym has really made me change my diet too. It seems pointless slogging my guts out in the gym to then go home and eat crap food. My PT has done me this diet plan which is mainly protein based but he eats EIGHT meals a day and suggests I eat six but I just haven't got the capacity or appetite to eat that much. 

These protein and mass gainer shakes are helping and if I get a sugar craving I eat a protein bar instead.

The weird thing is we had a Chinese take away last night for my lads birthday. It was the first one I'd had in months and it tasted rank.

I feel like such a goody two shoes preaching about all this fitness and healthy eating lark but I've really caught the bug with it all. It's a real reflection of my 'all or nothing' personality I think lol

Fair play to be honest, I spent ages barely drinking and being really ridgid with my diet while going gym 6 times a week thinking I would get a 6 pack and just gave up. I look at the pics I took now and it’s the best shape I’ve ever been in but mega sacrifices.

Now I spend the whole weekend just eating crap and drinking what I want while excercising most days on my lunch.

Mega depressed with my regime now. I was really fat after uni then lost about 8 stone then bulked up and weight trained. Then just cut and maintained for the last 5 years while getting pretty strong. However I had a home gym that was in the conservatory. We have since had all new flooring so the conservatory is now a dining room and the gym is in the shed. Problem is the power rack doesn’t fit so is on its side, essentially I haven’t done any training in about 3 months and am week as shit. Have dumbbells etc but just can’t get motivated as need to be doing full workouts. Don’t want to join a gym due to expense. The plan is to get an outbuilding with all my gym stuff up and running but that’s a while off.

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Fair play to be honest, I spent ages barely drinking and being really ridgid with my diet while going gym 6 times a week thinking I would get a 6 pack and just gave up. I look at the pics I took now and it’s the best shape I’ve ever been in but mega sacrifices.

Now I spend the whole weekend just eating crap and drinking what I want while excercising most days on my lunch.

I suppose it all depends what our personal goals are mate and if we have enough of a reason to make the sacrifices.

For me I've kinda got no choice really. My operation at Xmas scared the shit out of me and I'm trying to do all I can to avoid another hospital stay. Also my Crohn's disease pretty much dictates that I can't drink alcohol or eat crap.

Before I was ill first time around in '04, I was 5 stone heavier than I am now, smoked 20 a day, drank like a fish and never exercised. If I'd not been ill there's every chance I'd have continued with that lifestyle and probably died of a heart attack by now instead :) 

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I suppose it all depends what our personal goals are mate and if we have enough of a reason to make the sacrifices.

For me I've kinda got no choice really. My operation at Xmas scared the shit out of me and I'm trying to do all I can to avoid another hospital stay. Also my Crohn's disease pretty much dictates that I can't drink alcohol or eat crap.

Before I was ill first time around in '04, I was 5 stone heavier than I am now, smoked 20 a day, drank like a fish and never exercised. If I'd not been ill there's every chance I'd have continued with that lifestyle and probably died of a heart attack by now instead :) 

Fair play for actually making the change regardless of it being for health as some for some that still doesn’t kick them into gear.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Mega depressed with my regime now. I was really fat after uni then lost about 8 stone then bulked up and weight trained.

Bloody hell, 8 stone!!  :nigel:

Then just cut and maintained for the last 5 years while getting pretty strong. However I had a home gym that was in the conservatory. We have since had all new flooring so the conservatory is now a dining room and the gym is in the shed. Problem is the power rack doesn’t fit so is on its side, essentially I haven’t done any training in about 3 months and am week as shit. Have dumbbells etc but just can’t get motivated as need to be doing full workouts.

If I said that to my PT he'd tell me I was making excuses :whistle:

Don’t want to join a gym due to expense. The plan is to get an outbuilding with all my gym stuff up and running but that’s a while off.

I don't know how much gyms vary in price your way but I pay £18.95 a month for DW including classes. That's a fiver a week and the cost of a pint - I think that's incredible value.

Hope you pick the training up again soon mate. I guess we all need enough of a reason though otherwise we'll just continue 'as is' I guess...

6 hours ago, Buce said:

Only just clocked this but have you got gammy legs again?

Edit, I probably should have been a bit kinder with you calling me young lol 

Edited by Costock_Fox

50 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Only just clocked this but have you got gammy legs again?

Edit, I probably should have been a bit kinder with you calling me young lol 

lol

I thought you are young?

No, I'm over the infection but when I went out on a training hike* this week it was really hard work and I missed my target time for the first time ever, which was quite depressing considering I'd only been laid up for eight days. It made me feel old but I feel better knowing it affects younger people the same way.

*A 'training hike' is something I do once a fortnight - it's 15 miles with a 10kg pack and a target of sub-five hours.

Just now, Buce said:

lol

I thought you are young?

No, I'm over the infection but when I went out on a training hike* this week it was really hard work and I missed my target time for the first time ever, which was quite depressing considering I'd only been laid up for eight days. It made me feel old but I feel better knowing it affects younger people the same way.

*A 'training hike' is something I do once a fortnight - it's 15 miles with a 10kg pack and a target of sub-five hours.

I’m 32 mate.

Nice one, sounds like a decent thing to do and I’m sure you will get back up there with your time.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m 32 mate.

That definitely counts as young!

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice one, sounds like a decent thing to do and I’m sure you will get back up there with your time.

I'm sure you're right. Cheers.