Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Exercise

47 minutes ago, Raj said:

Always try but as you know sometimes it's the mental state saying "Enough mate I need a rest!!"

It's having a few days off without feeling guilty that I find hard!!!

I know the feeling mate, had two days off eating rubbish and drinking.

I think every now and again it's all good to let yourself go astray.

As long as you refocus and get back on it. For me it's not about being massive/ ripped as I know it's not going to happen. As a 47 year old I just want to be fit and healthy and portray a good lifestyle to my kids. I see alot of these "gods" like Frank Medrano and after a while they just DEmotivate as their lifestyle is not sustainable to 99% of us...don't know why I'm going off on one....lol

Anyway done my 30 mins HIT now gonna play on the trampoline with the kids!!!!

• Like 2

On 27/06/2018 at 18:07, Izzy Muzzett said:

This Spin class I did this morning was the first proper cardio stuff I've done for years. I went home feeling all proud of myself and then suddenly felt completely wiped out. Went upstairs for a little lie down and then woke up three hours later lol

This was me yesterday. I ran 9 miles yesterday morning along the canal from the Navigation in Wigston and it was great. 8am, nice and quiet. Felt splendid when I got back.

By the time I put the football on at 3pm I could barely keep my eyes open, kept drifting off. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m thinking about having a few 121 sessions with a PT but no idea what the going rate is.

I do regularly HIIT group sessions with this instructor called Jack and he’s brilliant. Pushes me to the edge and is a right bastard - I love him.

He’s only 21 but built like a brick shit house. If I was gay I’d definitely want to shag him.

Anyway, he charges £120 for 4x1 hr PT sessions and also creates you a personal training and diet plan included in that.

I reckon that sounds like pretty good vfm but I’ve no idea if he’s ripping me off. Do you gym experts think that’s a decent price?

Thanking you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Does anyone else pee in the shower? 

38 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m thinking about having a few 121 sessions with a PT but no idea what the going rate is.

I do regularly HIIT group sessions with this instructor called Jack and he’s brilliant. Pushes me to the edge and is a right bastard - I love him.

He’s only 21 but built like a brick shit house. If I was gay I’d definitely want to shag him.

Anyway, he charges £120 for 4x1 hr PT sessions and also creates you a personal training and diet plan included in that.

I reckon that sounds like pretty good vfm but I’ve no idea if he’s ripping me off. Do you gym experts think that’s a decent price?

Thanking you...

I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanking you...

£30 an hour sounds about right I think. I guess to begin with he might want to work with you once a week and then fortnightly then maybe once a month once you know what you're doing and can progress on your own. He will just check in on your progress at that point. 

He might let you suck him a little bit if you ask nicely lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanking you...

Just shag him for freebies pal.

if you didn’t want to do that £30 a session is decent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

£30 an hour sounds about right I think. I guess to begin with he might want to work with you once a week and then fortnightly then maybe once a month once you know what you're doing and can progress on your own. He will just check in on your progress at that point. 

He might let you suck him a little bit if you ask nicely lol

Beaten to it lol 

I did leg day for the first time in about 3

months today and I’m struggling big time, stairs are not my friend.

Edited by Costock_Fox

On 06/06/2018 at 22:28, DanNDH88 said:

Does anyone else take soy protein? I’m taking soy isolate protein right now, takes really good although there isn’t much variety in flavours. Normal whey protein gives me lots of spots on my face and back

Probably advisable to carry out some research into Soy protein, speak to a Dietitian, and/or speak to your doctor in order to draw your own conclusions from your research. There's conflicting evidence in the public domain and clinical studies around whether or not Soy has a negative effect on men. 

Battering the hiit home workouts at the moment. Sweat so much and that’s at 8.30 in the morning! Properly sets you up for the day.

14 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Welp, if anyone else was thinking about running 10 miles in this weather I'd advise you give it a miss tbh. Jeez, ****ing brutal. 

I need to start on the running again.... got wolf run in November but it’s just too hot atm. Frustrating 

14 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Welp, if anyone else was thinking about running 10 miles in this weather I'd advise you give it a miss tbh. Jeez, ****ing brutal. 

I was supposed to go out last night (only for 4 miles though) but getting home from work it was way too hot so I did exactly that and gave it a miss.

I tend to wake up early anyway, so went for the run at 6am instead and it was lovely. Nice and sunny but still cool enough that I didn't feel like I was dying. A surprising amount of roadkill on the path, however... lol

8 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Battering the hiit home workouts at the moment. Sweat so much and that’s at 8.30 in the morning! Properly sets you up for the day.

I need to start on the running again.... got wolf run in November but it’s just too hot atm. Frustrating 

If you're already up and doing a workout in the AM, try and get a short run in nice and early as well/instead. SO much better than going out once it starts heating up again, and I find it stops me from spending the day making excuses to skip my run later.

I'm tempted to sign up for that race if entries are still open, actually. The run shouldn't be a problem but I'm built like a twig and don't think I've ever done any strength work, so hoping it'll finally be that push I need to get started...

Edited by Xen

I see what you’re saying there but reason  doing hiit at home is I’m currently on paternity leave so I do a workout whilst the wife is in the shower and baby is asleep. A 15-20 minute run wouldn’t be beneficial whereas I feel a hiit gives me a lot more back if you know what I’m saying? I ache more after a 15 minute hiit than a 30 minute run. 

It's amazing how much I'm learning having only been a gym member for a few months. Every time I go I pick up a little tip or bit of advice that's making a huge difference.

I was doing this HIIT class on Monday that was focusing on the upper body and we were doing bicep curls with dumbbells. The instructor said that when you get to the top of the curl, tense/squeeze the bicep for a few seconds before lowering back down.

Fvck me, what a difference. I thought I was in someone else's body afterwards and those biceps definitely weren't mine! :D

48 hours later and they still ache like fvck but I'm visibly starting to see a difference now.

Hopefully these PT sessions starting next week will take me to the next level. I haven't felt this fit and strong for 20 years and gotta admit I'm loving it atm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's amazing how much I'm learning having only been a gym member for a few months. Every time I go I pick up a little tip or bit of advice that's making a huge difference.

I was doing this HIIT class on Monday that was focusing on the upper body and we were doing bicep curls with dumbbells. The instructor said that when you get to the top of the curl, tense/squeeze the bicep for a few seconds before lowering back down.

Fvck me, what a difference. I thought I was in someone else's body afterwards and those biceps definitely weren't mine! :D

48 hours later and they still ache like fvck but I'm visibly starting to see a difference now.

Hopefully these PT sessions starting next week will take me to the next level. I haven't felt this fit and strong for 20 years and gotta admit I'm loving it atm.

NOBODY will be kicking sand in YOUR face on the beach anymore Muzzett ! ...    :thumbup:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

NOBODY will be kicking sand in YOUR face on the beach anymore Muzzett ! ...    :thumbup:

I tell you what mate, I feel fvckin invincible sometimes after a gym session.

The wife took some photo's of me in hospital over Xmas with tubes up my nose and hanging out my arms and I was less than 8 stone. I look at them every so often to remind me and it motivates me to push on, get fitter and put weight/bulk on.

I'll never be a big as you fella, but I'm getting there :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I tell you what mate, I feel fvckin invincible sometimes after a gym session.

The wife took some photo's of me in hospital over Xmas with tubes up my nose and hanging out my arms and I was less than 8 stone. I look at them every so often to remind me and it motivates me to push on, get fitter and put weight/bulk on.

I'll never be a big as you fella, but I'm getting there :)

I'm not that big Muzzett !! ...  you only have to look at the infamous orange shorts pic to see that !! ..     6'1"  14 1/2 stone ...   fairly average if you ask me ...    :D

But great to hear that you are on the way up ...   keep it up mate !! ...   I'm well chuffed for you !

• Thanks 1

Heat and sleeping has really screwed with me this last couple of weeks. When I have made it out for a run with burpees sets, I’ve found there to be limited oxygen in the air and at times I’ve got to say, mile 3 and noticed that I’d not started running again since my last stop for a set... just walking down the canal in the sun like I was off for a stroll!

I'm feeling guilty about having a 'rest day' - is that normal?

I'm almost at the stage where I'm thinking that if I'm not doing something then I'm going backwards? :blink:

Surely that's BS though right? My muscles are aching like fvck though so I couldn't do anything today even if I tried :D