Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Exercise

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

2 days of Insanity Max 30 left, 2. What do I do when this has finished though?

What do I talk about to random people that have no ****ing interest in my exercise? So many questions.

Any ideas guys?

You could get the 100 press ups app.

Or what I used to do was book myself in some stupid event which meant I had to train like a donkey for it, say a mountain triathlon or something.

Or you could just reward yourself with a couple of months of drinking and do insanity again in 6 months when you’re fatter.

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You could get the 100 press ups app.

Or what I used to do was book myself in some stupid event which meant I had to train like a donkey for it, say a mountain triathlon or something.

Or you could just reward yourself with a couple of months of drinking and do insanity again in 6 months when you’re fatter.

Booking myself to do something stupid sounds like a fun idea but I don’t even want to google Mountain Triathlon. I had previously considered doing a triathlon so that might be something to look at.

I might start running again.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Booking myself to do something stupid sounds like a fun idea but I don’t even want to google Mountain Triathlon. I had previously considered doing a triathlon so that might be something to look at.

I might start running again.

A mate of mine was diagnosed with testicular cancer 20 years ago and made a full recovery. He became a fitness freak and is now a PT.

To 'celebrate' 20 years in remission he did 20 triathlons in 20 consecutive days to raise money for Cancer Research.

How about doing something stupid like that? (I know you're raising money through other activities at the moment too, so that could add a few quid :)

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A mate of mine was diagnosed with testicular cancer 20 years ago and made a full recovery. He became a fitness freak and is now a PT.

To 'celebrate' 20 years in remission he did 20 triathlons in 20 consecutive days to raise money for Cancer Research.

How about doing something stupid like that? (I know you're raising money through other activities at the moment too, so that could add a few quid :)

Yeah, slight concern around the fact I’ve never done a triathlon and then doing 20 might pose a little problem lol.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, slight concern around the fact I’ve never done a triathlon and then doing 20 might pose a little problem lol.

But I thought you were fit? lol

20 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

2 days of Insanity Max 30 left, 2. What do I do when this has finished though?

What do I talk about to random people that have no ****ing interest in my exercise? So many questions.

Any ideas guys?

I done that befour I got married(4 years ago)

my mrs does it everyday still now

14 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I could batter her she drives me mad,

she takes her fitness far to seriously

Doing that every day is nuts mate, I’ll be glad to have it done and dusted.

Will do bits from it a few times a week still no doubt but going through another two months sounds like hell.

43 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Doing that every day is nuts mate, I’ll be glad to have it done and dusted.

Will do bits from it a few times a week still no doubt but going through another two months sounds like hell.

It’s fair to say it’s having an impact on our marriage,she’s obsessed and I find the whole thing a turn off

49 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

It’s fair to say it’s having an impact on our marriage,she’s obsessed and I find the whole thing a turn off

Bet she’s got a cracking arse though pal.

Sorry, bad joke as it’s clearly annoying you. Guessing she really watches what she eats etc?

Edited by Costock_Fox

Does anyone else take soy protein? I’m taking soy isolate protein right now, takes really good although there isn’t much variety in flavours. Normal whey protein gives me lots of spots on my face and back

18 hours ago, Raj said:

If you like it sign up for Leicester half marathon in October...give you a goal!

I might be doing the Leicester 10k or the half marathon I haven’t decided yet

just recently completed the Derby half marathon (my first half marathon in 30 years lol ) and I’m still alive . . . just

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I might be doing the Leicester 10k or the half marathon I haven’t decided yet

just recently completed the Derby half marathon (my first half marathon in 30 years lol ) and I’m still alive . . . just

I'll be doing the Leicester 10k as well :D. From what I've been told, the 10k is a nice course but the half (and moreso full) is a bit rubbish in terms of support compared to other similar races. Not doing the half though - entering the Robin Hood half in Nottingham at the end of September instead.

I've got a sort-of long-term target of running my first full as the Leicester 2019 race, as I'll have just turned 26 a few days prior, and 26 miles sounds like a nice way to celebrate haha. Feels weird planning so far ahead, but I've definitely caught the bug.

Couple relaxed weeks now to deal with shin splints and then off on holiday, then ramping it up again through the summer. Hoping to break through that sub-2 barrier this time around.

Just now, Xen said:

I'll be doing the Leicester 10k as well :D. From what I've been told, the 10k is a nice course but the half (and moreso full) is a bit rubbish in terms of support compared to other similar races. Not doing the half though - entering the Robin Hood half in Nottingham at the end of September instead.

I've got a sort-of long-term target of running my first full as the Leicester 2019 race, as I'll have just turned 26 a few days prior, and 26 miles sounds like a nice way to celebrate haha. Feels weird planning so far ahead, but I've definitely caught the bug.

Couple relaxed weeks now to deal with shin splints and then off on holiday, then ramping it up again through the summer. Hoping to break through that sub-2 barrier this time around.

Good luck buddy

remember to have decent trainers on, no I’m not taking the piss, genuinely get yourself to the Running Fox in Loughborough as they will monitor you running on the treadmill with a camera and tell you (and show you) what you need. I went recently as I had done over 1000 miles in my previous trainers they had worn badly and I was getting injuries and they showed me why.

advice is generally don’t wear same trainers for more than 500-700 miles tops as you then get injuries etc. Not a cheap shop but brilliant service. Rosie still runs it and has done for years.

anyway sorry to waffle on. Good luck :fc:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Good luck buddy

remember to have decent trainers on, no I’m not taking the piss, genuinely get yourself to the Running Fox in Loughborough as they will monitor you running on the treadmill with a camera and tell you (and show you) what you need. I went recently as I had done over 1000 miles in my previous trainers they had worn badly and I was getting injuries and they showed me why.

advice is generally don’t wear same trainers for more than 500-700 miles tops as you then get injuries etc. Not a cheap shop but brilliant service. Rosie still runs it and has done for years.

Good luck to you too mate :)

Been meaning to get down to The Running Fox for a while but never got round to it. I live walking distance from there so no excuse not to really!

Ended up trying a bunch of pairs on at sports direct during my lunch break in Nottingham then ordering them online, last time. Ended up with a pair of Under Armours which have worked well for me the last couple months (certainly an improvement on the cheapo Karrimors from before...), definitely going to get an expert opinion for next time, though. :)

18 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Good luck buddy

Do they do trail runners too, Bob?

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Good luck to you too mate :)

Been meaning to get down to The Running Fox for a while but never got round to it. I live walking distance from there so no excuse not to really!

Ended up trying a bunch of pairs on at sports direct during my lunch break in Nottingham then ordering them online, last time. Ended up with a pair of Under Armours which have worked well for me the last couple months (certainly an improvement on the cheapo Karrimors from before...), definitely going to get an expert opinion for next time, though. :)

Got my trainers from Running Fox as well, seemed decent ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Did 4 hours non stop on an exercise bike earlier, buggered tonight.

You keep your private life to yourself fella :D

• Haha 1