Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Guest MattP
4 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Pope bats at four. They had to add another right hander really.

Sensible really given the success of Ashwin.

Guest MattP

If anyone has missed it watch the "Nasser in Mumbai" segment .

It gives you some insight to the passion for the sport in India, it's incredible, one place is like Hackney marshes bit for cricket, you field in two places at once fir two games. 

Sky gets a lot of criticism but this sort of television is absolutely brilliant, would never ever get this on terrestrial. 

2 hours ago, MattP said:

It gives you some insight to the passion for the sport in India, it's incredible, one place is like Hackney marshes bit for cricket, you field in two places at once fir two games. 

Sky gets a lot of criticism but this sort of television is absolutely brilliant, would never ever get this on terrestrial. 

They put so much effort into their coverage. The debate about terrestrial TV coverage will always be there but you can't say Sky are half-hearted or do the minimum, it really is excellent.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

agree with this.

I loved the interview with Tendulkar, too. If anyone didn't already know what it was like for him at a young age, it was a great insight in to life as a budding star - the coach he had, the commitments he made just to play cricket, the support from friends and family. I could have listened to it all day.

As you say as well, the Nasser in Mumbai episodes are quality. When he was travelling to all the maidaans (the multiple cricket pitches) it really sends it to home how seriously it's taken. It's a play in the park but it's not just your casual slog and smash - they actually work on technique and efficiency and accuracy. 

Guest MattP

We certainly can't lose from here. India don't be able to get 20 wickets and enough runs.

We need to get to a position of being 150 ahead then we can make a declaration on Monday morning.

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Another point: even with the bad light finishing things earlier there were about 10 overs fewer bowled than there should have been today.

The ICC need to get up off their arse and sort out slow over rates one way or another.

I've never understood their reticence in tackling the over rate. It makes no sense.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

The only thing I can think it is not wanting to piss off the Big Three because it's not a terrible offence and cash cow is cash cow.

Yeah, there's probably a lot of truth in that. I suppose the more overs bowled in a day, the shorter the match lasts in terms of days and less tickets, beers, coffee and food are purchased. Less cash all round. Maybe it's that simple.

The big three call the shots though.

15 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Another point: even with the bad light finishing things earlier there were about 10 overs fewer bowled than there should have been today.

The ICC need to get up off their arse and sort out slow over rates one way or another.

I read a comment somewhere that said they should play until the 30 overs are bowled in the session. If that means lunch is cut by 10/15 minutes so be it.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I read a comment somewhere that said they should play until the 30 overs are bowled in the session. If that means lunch is cut by 10/15 minutes so be it.

Either that or start applying penalties: 5-10 runs for each over under the agreed rate that is bowled.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Anyone else a little surprised England are batting on?

I am and having seen the movement India are getting with the new ball plus the news that Kohli is injured I'm hoping that England declare soon and let Jimmy Anderson loose.