Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

World Cup Betting Thread.

On 07/07/2018 at 22:09, ScouseFox said:

nice pay out on croatia to reach the semis placed back in the groups. 

backed their keeper for the golden glove too @ 33/1. two penalty wins and a few clean sheets in the groups, in with a shout. all 4 keepers left in it have had sensational quarter finals, mind. 

this is all i’ve got left now i assume harry maguire won’t win the golden ball. shame. 

Looking for a bit of advice please from people who might have more knowledge about cash-outs than I have.

I placed a pre-tournament bet on Croatia, £10 @ 33/1.

The bookie is offering a cash-out of £100 at the moment but I was wondering if that's likely to rise before kick-off as the bookie tries to tempt me to take it.

So do I cash-out now, wait and see if it goes up or just let it ride and hope Croatia win?

4 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Looking for a bit of advice please from people who might have more knowledge about cash-outs than I have.

The bookie is offering a cash-out of £100 at the moment but I was wondering if that's likely to rise before kick-off as the bookie tries to tempt me to take it.

So do I cash-out now, wait and see if it goes up or just let it ride and hope Croatia win?

Some of the more profilic gamblers might have more input on this but you could always part cash out. Could always put some cash on France to lift the trophy to cover yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Cash out about right, best price on France to lift the trophy is 4/9 now so your min profit from laying is about £92. I very much doubt their offer would change unless something dramatic happened, like all the French players' legs dropped off tomorrow.

Edited by Bobby Hundreds
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

placed a pre-tournament bet on Croatia, £10 @ 33/1.

You can lock in £100 profit now by laying it off, so only slightly more than the cash out. Only way the cash out increases is if the Croatia price comes in which I can't see happening, certainly not by a great deal. The decision is then with you, would you be more annoyed if you cashed and they won than you would be if you left it and they lost? 

For the Euro 2016 final I stood to win £600 odd if France won, I decided to lay nothing off and it didn't pay off - but I still think it was the right decison and haven't laid anything off this time on them either. 

• Like 1

Right, I thought that I'd finished my World Cup betting (£35 up overall), but was tempted into one last gamble so as to lose £10 of that profit....... 

- Belgium 3 England 2, £5 @ 20-1

- France 4 Croatia 1, £5 @ 40-1

I'll probably end up looking silly but....

- Third-place play-offs are often open, carefree matches with erratic reserves thrown in....and Belgium 1st & 2nd teams are slightly better than ours.

- If France take a 1st half lead against a tired Croatian team, they have the pace to score more on the counter-attack but are capable of conceding.

You watch now, it'll be a dire 0-0 today, then France will spend 85 minutes defending a 1-0 lead tomorrow. :D

On 13/07/2018 at 11:45, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Nice bet.

Thats quite good value for a cash out. Even if you layed it off on Betfair / Smarkets you would only guarantee £98 profit. But I suppose your £100 includes your stake so really you are making £90 profit. 

Question you have have to ask is whether you'd risk £100 on Croatia winning now? If not either cash out or lay Croatia. 

You could always bet £100 on France to return £50 profit or £200 profit (300 - 100) if Croatia win (so you can cheer them on) 

It won't go much above £100 cashiut before the game would obviously would if Croatia score first.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Are those matched betting sites legit or a waste of money? My friend signed up to one and he said he made £100 in 2 days but I don’t really understand it all if I’m honest. Is it worth looking into or just steering clear?

3 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Are those matched betting sites legit or a waste of money? My friend signed up to one and he said he made £100 in 2 days but I don’t really understand it all if I’m honest. Is it worth looking into or just steering clear?

Worth doing for the sign up offers, you can make a couple grand easy, but once you've exhausted those offers, it becomes much more work if you want to continue.

4 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

100% legit. 

On 14/07/2018 at 12:34, Alf Bentley said:

Right, I thought that I'd finished my World Cup betting (£35 up overall), but was tempted into one last gamble so as to lose £10 of that profit....... 

- Belgium 3 England 2, £5 @ 20-1

- France 4 Croatia 1, £5 @ 40-1

Lloris, you massive, massive, humungous plonker!!!   :frusty:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Definately mate!! 

Its transformed my betting. It's the reason I have so many free bets and got the winner above. Think I'm about £3,000 up from the World Cup. 

Although there is a way to 'cash in' the free bets for guaranteed profit I just punt the free bets as find it more fun. 

I started a blog (which I haven't updated for ages as started a new job in Feb) but I've made about £1,500 every month for over 2 years matched betting...

http://www.comparetheprofit.com

Edited by dylanlegend

Guest seanfox778
Just now, dylanlegend said:

Definately mate!! 

Its transformed my betting. It's the reason I have so many free bets and got the winner above. Think I'm about £3,000 up from the World Cup. 

Although there is a way to 'cash in' the free bets for guaranteed profit I just punt the free bets as find it more fun. 

I started a blog (which I haven't updated for ages as started a new job in Feb) but I've made about £1,500 every month for over 2 years matched betting...

www.comparetheprofit.com

Thanks mate. I'll get myself clued up, give your blog a read and give it a shot. 

1 minute ago, seanfox778 said:

Thanks mate. I'll get myself clued up, give your blog a read and give it a shot. 

Cheers mate, any feedback on the blog greatly appreciated!!

If you need help with anything drop me a message. 

It can be time consuming but it tops up my wages nicely ?

continually backing france i’m the knockouts at odds against has done me pretty well. landed some decent ones. 

croatia to reach the semis and trippier most england assists were the only two notable antepost winners, and even the latter was a dead heat of five haha. still paid out a decent profit though. 

had some hilarious efforts along the way, tbf. 

I got hugely fortuitous today. I had £20 pre-tournament on Guerrero top Peru scorer and Mandzukic top Croatia scorer. Peru only scored twice with Guerrero getting one of them. Mandzukic and Perisic got three each - Croatia winning two shoot-outs while Mandzukic wasn't top scorer and then having Lloris hand him one on a plate. Huge slice of luck there.