Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

World Cup Betting Thread.

backed columbia after the red card today for a laugh, had a decent run for my money. 

big on senegal, paid out when they go 2 up. cheers. 

egypt later. mo salah. la. la. la. la. the egyptian king. 

39 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Shocker mate, just gonna chuck it all on England to win it

Good man. Nothing like doubling your losses lol 

We've all had bets like that treble of yours tbf. Well I have.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

Been horrible up until yesterday where I had a very lucky treble, Sweden to win, Belgium over 2.5 goals and England over 1.5 goals - all three win with late-ish goals.

Threw half the winnings on Colombia. Typical they implode when I've made a lot of my bets on the basis of them doing well.

Then the other half on Poland v Senegal BTTS.

Probably about break-even at the minute, not including outstanding bets. Have no hope for them at all though really, not been a good one on the whole.

I've gone for; 

Portugal / Portugal

Uruguay / Uruguay

Spain / Spain 

To be winning at half time and at full time - Just over 16/1 I think.

If somebody could quote my post with a "Haha" in about an hour and 20 minutes when this bet inevitably falls at the first hurdle that'd be superb, cheers! 

Made a series of small bets before WC started.

A few have fallen due to the incompetence of Germany & Morocco, but most still standing.

- England 1st, Belgium 2nd & Colombia 1st, Senegal 2nd in group, £2 @ 16-1

- England to lose in semis £5 @ 5-1

- 5-part accumulator: RUSSIA v Saudi, Sp v Pt DRAW, PORTUGAL v. Morocco & Iran, SWEDEN v. Mexico, £2 @ 23-1 (destined to fall at the last hurdle, I expect!)

- Tunisia & Panama both to score v. England, £5 @ 9-2

- Over 180 goals in WC, £5 @ 10-1 (unlikely)

- Over 2 goals in each England group game, £5 @ 7-1

- England to beat Tunisia & Panama, with 3+ goals in game, £5 @ 4-1

- Peru, Iceland, Serbia & Senegal to qualify from group, £2 @ 48-1

- Uruguay to reach Q/F or S/F, 2-1 & 5-1

- Portugal, Iceland & Colombia to win groups, £1 @ 93-1

- Portugal 1st, Spain 2nd & France 1st, Peru 2nd, £2 @ 12-1

Couple of others involve Germany winning group or getting to WC Final....not looking promising.

A few of those should give me a run for my money, anyway.

Come on, Portugal in this next one!

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

365 have got Iran @ 11/10 to kick off. odds against on literally a coin toss? 

Who kicked off?

Denmark, France and Argentina are all 6/5 tomorrow, seems odd.

14 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Who kicked off?

Denmark, France and Argentina are all 6/5 tomorrow, seems odd.

spain did, at 8/11. 

theyve had every game as as each of two so far (obviously) except for saudi arabia who they’ve had as favourites both times and they’ve kicked off both times. then they went an even shorter price on spain who also kicked off. 

its literaly a coin toss, no? if you win the toss you choose your end, if you lose the toss you choose who has kick off and presumably choose yourself? unless there’s some mental form line that shows some teams don’t actually want to have kick off. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

spain did, at 8/11. 

theyve had every game as as each of two so far (obviously) except for saudi arabia who they’ve had as favourites both times and they’ve kicked off both times. then they went an even shorter price on spain who also kicked off. 

its literaly a coin toss, no? if you win the toss you choose your end, if you lose the toss you choose who has kick off and presumably choose yourself? unless there’s some mental form line that shows some teams don’t actually want to have kick off. 

Could see a lesser team playing a better team not wanting the ball in their own half early on and also not wanting to commit bodies forward early on. Letting Spain knock it around for a while might suit them and let Iran settle into the game defensively. 

28 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Could see a lesser team playing a better team not wanting the ball in their own half early on and also not wanting to commit bodies forward early on. Letting Spain knock it around for a while might suit them and let Iran settle into the game defensively. 

saudis have been favs both times they’ve played though. 

and the three favs for tomorrow’s games are 6/5 which doesn’t make sense. IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE 

• Haha 1

decided a pretty good angle is 365’s “player shots” market. they do this in-play until about the last 8 or 9 minutes and you can back over or under. 

they usually price up 2-3 strikers or wide men. the play that’s paying off so far is when it gets to the hour mark or so, perhaps a little later, to back the under side of the market on a player who is obviously going to be subbed sooner rather than later. been a watching brief until this afternoon when they had mbappe on 1 shot, and under 1.5 shots was 6/4 after 70 minutes. he got taken off after 71 minutes. easiest bet i’ve ever won, odds against and france didn’t touch the ball between me placing the bet and him being subbed, let alone mbappe. 

this evening, rather annoyingly, it looks like they’ve only priced up messi, aguero, mandzukic and perisic, all of whom aren’t big favs to be subbed off early doors. but that obviously depends how the game goes. 

young, wide players is the play. your sterlings, mbappes, players like vasquez, jesus and the like. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

decided a pretty good angle is 365’s “player shots” market. they do this in-play until about the last 8 or 9 minutes and you can back over or under. 

they usually price up 2-3 strikers or wide men. the play that’s paying off so far is when it gets to the hour mark or so, perhaps a little later, to back the under side of the market on a player who is obviously going to be subbed sooner rather than later. been a watching brief until this afternoon when they had mbappe on 1 shot, and under 1.5 shots was 6/4 after 70 minutes. he got taken off after 71 minutes. easiest bet i’ve ever won, odds against and france didn’t touch the ball between me placing the bet and him being subbed, let alone mbappe. 

this evening, rather annoyingly, it looks like they’ve only priced up messi, aguero, mandzukic and perisic, all of whom aren’t big favs to be subbed off early doors. but that obviously depends how the game goes. 

young, wide players is the play. your sterlings, mbappes, players like vasquez, jesus and the like. 

Looked at the next few games and maybe Ighalo is the best chance on this.

• Like 1