Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

World Cup Betting Thread.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

All bets etc for World Cup in here. 

A friend has has had a large bet on no own goal to be scored in the World Cup at 80/1. Love The price. 

Imagine if you had that in the last World Cup. Gone after about 20 minutes lol

I wonder what odds someone like Falcao is for the golden boot.

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, France, Germany, Spain all to score 6 or more goals each - 5/2
Panama to score 0 goals - 11/2
Nigeria to qualify from their group - 5/2

not sure if this is realistic or really good odds...

Uruguay, France, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, England and Colombia each to score 4+ group goals - 5/1

And a couple of more hopeful bets
Exactly 152 goals scored - 22/1
Exactly 159 goals scored - 20/1

Edited by StanSP

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

A friend has has had a large bet on no own goal to be scored in the World Cup at 80/1. Love The price. 

There  were 30 own goals in the PL in the season gone from 380 games. An own goal every 0.078 games.

64 games in the world cup at that rate should yield ~5 own goals.

80/1 seems like good odds to me.

• Like 1

had a few already. most involve egypt before the bookies reacted to the fact that salah could easily get them to the last 8 by himself. 

salah golden boot @ 80/1 

win their group @ 6/1 

were the main two. few involving sane as well, top scorer, player of the tournament etc. 

i have no idea who is going to win it so haven’t had any conventional bets yet. 

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

That's an interesting one. Here's the stats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_World_Cup_own_goals

- No OGs in 1958 or 1962, but barely half as many matches then

- Only 1 OG in 1982 & 1994 (Escobar), but still fewer matches then

- Since increase to 32 teams in 1998, 2 is the lowest number of OGs

Almost certainly on a loser, but nice odds if you can afford the stake. Might be tempted to stick a fiver on that...

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

would you not be better just rolling a stake on no own goal game by game? 

Is that even a market? If it is though I'd imagine so. I saw someone the other day go on about their "brilliant" odds of Russia to lose all three games at 50/1. Put the treble together myself and it's about 120/1.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Is that even a market? If it is though I'd imagine so. I saw someone the other day go on about their "brilliant" odds of Russia to lose all three games at 50/1. Put the treble together myself and it's about 120/1.

dunno, deffo used to be. if not you could request it every game and they’ll surely price it up. 

would have to be very short to come in at less than 80/1, there’s 64 games ain’t there? 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

dunno, deffo used to be. if not you could request it every game and they’ll surely price it up. 

would have to be very short to come in at less than 80/1, there’s 64 games ain’t there? 

Aston Villa v Fulham it's 1/20.

That comes to around 22/1 repeated 64 times. Maybe that is value.

36 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Aston Villa v Fulham it's 1/20.

That comes to around 22/1 repeated 64 times. Maybe that is value.

1/20???? **** me i’d lay that all day. 

meh, might be a fun bet to cheer through the tournament. unless it loses on the first day again haha. 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Who did he bet with this? I can' find on Skybet..

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

1/20???? **** me i’d lay that all day. 

meh, might be a fun bet to cheer through the tournament. unless it loses on the first day again haha. 

I reckon I'll have a fiver on it. Just one of them bonus bets.

Salah top scorer if he can continue his form, they have a good chance of getting out their group and can sometimes only take 5 or 6 goals to win it.

Might have something on Vardy to be sent off at some point or can you bet on Vardy to miss a penalty in a shootout lol

If the odds for an own goal in a single match are 1 in 13 as quoted ,which is pretty much the average over the last 10 years in the PL, then the odds for 64 matches are very near 110/1

So the bookies have done their sums correctly,

the punter with  £1000@80/1, should really have only paid around £800 for his potential winnings

Edited by treer
  • Like 1

On 24/05/2018 at 16:14, Bert said:

Who is that with? I fancy a fiver on that.

Edited by Dan LCFC