Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Didn’t he sit out the Spain game in the group stage because of injury as he was stretchered off against Morocco? 

Against Portugal he was subbed off at the 70min mark. Was he still injured? Because you don’t sub off your best player if you’re chasing a game.

Our NT manager likes to approach with a more defensive tactic hence he pulled out Jahanbakhsh who is one of the most offensive on the NT.

2 minutes ago, Iran said:

Our NT manager likes to approach with a more defensive tactic hence he pulled out Jahanbakhsh who is one of the most offensive on the NT.

Against Portugal you were 1-0 down and chasing the game. If he was so good why would you have taken him off   at 70mins when you needed a result to go through.

Edited by Shane

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Didn’t he sit out the Spain game in the group stage because of injury as he was stretchered off against Morocco? 

Against Portugal he was subbed off at the 70min mark. Was he still injured? Because you don’t sub off your best player if you’re chasing a game.

He wasnt 100% for spain match, but he was fit enough to start, also didnt fit the tactics that we wanted to play as well. Taremi took his place at right wing, and if you have seen him, he is a very tall, strong, physical presence who basically played as a right wing back at times, and gave spain a lot of problems aerially (another out ball besides Azmoun). Portugal he was subbed because he wasnt playing well ( as I said my main criticism of him is that he doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck for iran as he does for his club side). Again he never really plays badly for iran, but often he doesnt dominate either. The guy that came on in his place was very pacy and dangerous and changed the match.

Edited by Inarsenewerust
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Against Portugal you were 1-0 down and chasing the game. If he was so good why would you have taken him off   at 70mins when you needed a result to go through.

I think he was coming on at 70min mark.

4 minutes ago, Inarsenewerust said:

He wasnt 100% for spain match, but he was fit enough to start, also didnt fit the tactics that we wanted to play as well. Taremi took his place at right wing, and if you have seen him, he is a very tall, strong, physical presence who basically played as a right wing back at times, and gave spain a lot of problems aerially (another out ball besides Azmoun). Portugal he was subbed because he wasnt playing well ( as I said my main criticism of him is that he doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck for iran as he does for his club side). Again he never really plays badly for iran, but often he doesnt dominate either. The guy that came on in his place was very pacy and dangerous and changed the match.

Ok thank you 

11 minutes ago, Inarsenewerust said:

also not true really. Yes he played some games as a left winger, but mainly right wing. He can really play either very well.

If he’s better on the left it might be ok for us because Gray hasn’t really progressed and Albrighton isn’t someone we can rely on for goals/creativity.

Idk why you guys even think hes slow. Sure hes not lightning quick, but hes definitely no slouch either. And every player has  their own strengths. Comparatively, having excellent decision making and shooting, something the likes of say, i dont know, WALCOTT or STERLING never had/have/ or will have, is better than having just outright speed on the wing, and doing very little with it, except "threatening" to run in behind. (and actually i like sterling as a player, but you get my point). again, thats not to say that he slow by any means.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Musa is super fast but he is useless. Pace abusers steal a living. Juan Mata is one of the slowest wide men i have seen and he is top class.

IMO I actually don’t think pace is a massive factor in Puel’s system. Good passing, movement, creating space and footballing intelligence will be pivotal to unlocking the many parked buses we will face. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you ask most Leicester fans, would you sign Lozano from PSV? They’d reply yes. 

His lad scored more goals and created more goals than him. Totally see where the club have followed up if true. 

Exactly this. You’d hope that our scouting team know what they are doing 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you ask most Leicester fans, would you sign Lozano from PSV? They’d reply yes. 

His lad scored more goals and created more goals than him. Totally see where the club have followed up if true. 

Precisely. The only reason there isnt the hype thats attached to lozano is because hes iranian. That is the only possible reason. Now if somebody prefers Lozano to ARJ, that is a valid argument. He is a better dribbler, more aggressive. But why Lozano should get offers/interest from Barcelona, Juventus while Jahanbakhsh can only manage Leicester and Brighton (with all due respect, I know you guys are much better than brighton, but still not on the level of the aforementioned teams), is pretty sad to me. I hope you guys can see the injustice in that too. And, Lozano had the added benefit of the best quality teammates of the league (PSV, league winnners), while ARJ was dealing with idiot type of forwards you saw in one of those videos...

I really hope he does well so i can hear this ALIIIII Rezaaa Jahaaaaaaaan baksh chant from Leicester  fans.

I mean, I understand that Eredivisie is not up to par with EPL, but you have to be kinda good to win the golden boot no?

Edited by aliparvin

Large portions of our fanbase couldn't get Chris Wood's name right so I'm not optimistic about this one at all. Hopefully they conduct some kind of test on the turnstiles and if you can't pronounce it you get sent away for intensive language training

• Haha 1

Just now, Guest said:

Large portions of our fanbase couldn't get Chris Wood's name right so I'm not optimistic about this one at all. Hopefully they conduct some kind of test on the turnstiles and if you can't pronounce it you get sent away for intensive language training

I can pronounce Jahny just fine.