Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

He’s quality, scored 21 last season and assisted 12 making him top scorer of the Eredivisie.

As for his position he’s played 80% of his games at Right Wing, he is a right winger and that’s where we’d play him.

Anyway obligatory video - 

Narh it's one of those 2+2=8 stories where a clickbait news source links us to a winger that had a good year because we're losing Mahrez. 

There's nothing in it just as there was probably nothing in Felipe Anderson. 

It's a yes from me! 

Disappointed during the World Cup during his brief appearances, but to be fair Iran were very defensively setup and did not have much of the ball. His form in Eredivisie was astounding where he was the top scorer and well the videos above show what he's capable of. He probably would be a bit of a gamble but at 24 years of age he would probably develop a bit more. For me he is a very exciting player and that makes him a great Mahrez replacement, because on his day that is something thing that Riyad excels at. Every team needs at least one true flair player and whilst that might end up being Maddison, a tricky goalscoring winger has been proven to work quite well at the King Power!

I admit that I know nothing about the lad, but purely based on the video above the positives appear to be that he is very direct, is pretty quick, can pick a man, and isn't a bad finisher. On the flip side his footwork looks pretty average, and the PL is a massive step up from the league he's currently playing in both physically and technically so his ability to adapt would be a concern. Having said that if we could get him at a reasonable price he may prove to be a decent signing. 

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

I admit that I know nothing about the lad, but purely based on the video above the positives appear to be that he is very direct, is pretty quick, can pick a man, and isn't a bad finisher. On the flip side his footwork looks pretty average, and the PL is a massive step up from the league he's currently playing in both physically and technically so his ability to adapt would be a concern. Having said that if we could get him at a reasonable price he may prove to be a decent signing. 

As well as the above, there are some lovely 'Vardy Balls' from a central position in that lot. Probably is paper talk, but I can see the attraction if he can step up.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1