Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City - Results & Man of the Match

Some of the marks are on the low side- Chilwell & Gray both deserved at least another 0.5 on their scores.

91% manager confidence is really encouraging. I think this summer has revealed what Puel's long-term vision is- he's talked so many times about intensity and now all of a sudden we've got this youthful side with great energy looking to play exciting football. We'll be some team with another 2 years' development/building time.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Weird how the manager who has has the lowest manager confidence on FT history can have it so high after lol

All that goes to show is that people react largely to results and performances in the very short term. Lose tomorrow and it will plummet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Difficult to react positively to a 5-0 loss at Palace away lol

I quite agree. But it doesn't take away from the rubbishing he took when we kept drawing at home and somehow failing to win - one more goal to us in those games would have seen a vastly different rating.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

All that goes to show is that people react largely to results and performances in the very short term. Lose tomorrow and it will plummet.

I think it shows the majority have put last season behind them, seen the signings made and can see what Puel is trying to achieve and have given him a clean slate for the new season. But it will still be at the back of their minds should results start to go against us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I quite agree. But it doesn't take away from the rubbishing he took when we kept drawing at home and somehow failing to win - one more goal to us in those games would have seen a vastly different rating.

He took the rubbishing because his team was rubbish.Of course a better result would have got a better rating, hardly rocket science, however he did not achieve better results, he consistently sent teams out that underperformed hence crap ratings.

People going overboard about a defeat is laughable.

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

He took the rubbishing because his team was rubbish.Of course a better result would have got a better rating, hardly rocket science, however he did not achieve better results, he consistently sent teams out that underperformed hence crap ratings.

People going overboard about a defeat is laughable.

I think you might be missing my point to try and provoke an argument. We fundamentally disagree, I find, so I'm not going to engage further. 

17 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Match Ratings means the "very short term" by definition.

For "manager confidence" I look at the body of work (weighted toward recent results), because I can't see basing a stay/go decision on one match.

So it's a bit of an odd fit in the match ratings threads, where people are focusing on the last 90 minutes of football.

Edited by KingsX

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Difficult to react positively to a 5-0 loss at Palace away lol

Well, that's why there is a manager performance and confidence. You can give the manager a 3 or 2 and still don't want him to go. 

It's seems that this not so subtle difference flies over over the head of some.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, I Kante Live Without Him said:

Morgan was our second worst player? Hahahahahahhaha

If he was one of our new signings he would’ve been in the top 6 and people would’ve said something on the lines of “Shows talent & hardship. Solid but patchy in areas, will strengthen when the season progress hopefully.”

• Like 1