Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Cyberpunk 2077

Absolutely insane. Can't say I'm familiar with the source material but the atmosphere, visuals and sound are immense. Early days but looks like CDPR have done it again.

Presumably still a tonne of work to do but it's apparently playable from start to finish so hopefully we'll get it in the next couple of years.

It looks and feels too good to be true - as if you're part in a fully interactive movie. I do hope they've put in as much effort into storytelling and character development as they have put into graphics.

Don't mind the FPS style, it's way more personal and immersive that way. Again, it helps you identify with the game and act as if you're part of that world yourself.

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

It looks and feels too good to be true - as if you're part in a fully interactive movie. I do hope they've put in as much effort into storytelling and character development as they have put into graphics.

Don't mind the FPS style, it's way more personal and immersive that way. Again, it helps you identify with the game and act as if you're part of that world yourself.

It's the same studio that made Witcher 3 - I don't think you have to worry about the quality of story-telling / depth of lore, etc. 

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

they already had the material for that though, this is their first original story

Cyberpunk 2077 is built around lore and story from an existing tabletop RPG.

As you may already know, the Cyberpunk videogame is closely based on a tabletop RPG written by Mike Pondsmith, and first published in 1988. The game has been through three iterations, with the first two known as Cyberpunk 2013 and Cyberpunk 2020. Since the 2020s feel a little close, it’s no surprise that CD Projekt Red have thrown the universe forward to the year 2077 for their interpretation.  

Nothing to worry about. It's going to be the greatest game ever made. For reaaaal.

Edited by lifted*fox

I'd take the gameplay reveal with a sh*t-load of salt, since historically these things tend to be slightly misrepresentative in comparison to the final release (Tom Clancy's The Division, being a prime example)

Still nursing a semi for it though. CD Project Red are one of the good guys of the game world, and the Witcher 3 still holds up now. No doubt this'll turn out well.

The fact it's CDPR gives me absolute confidence they'll get this spot on.

The gameplay reveal actually shows an improvement on the footage they showed at E3. 

I don't for one second think they're a studio that will create too much hype and then completely rip the arse out of it on release.

They will release it when it's ready and it'll be everything they've promised.

The FPS aspect looks a step back from what some would claim as mediocre - I'm thinking Deus Ex Mankind Divided.  At least that had a decent cover system as well as the FPS mechanics.

I'm not overly fussed, Deus Ex was decent enough.  Perhaps they'll throw in a cover system.  At the moment it does look a little too Fallout in terms of the shooting though.

I thought the gun-play looked pretty decent tbh - especially like the ricochet mechanic.

but yeah - this is all about the story-telling, lore, world, immersion, quests, etc. 

they used first-person perspective in this game to increase immersion and I think it'll do that nicely. 

as long as the shooting mechanics are better than FO4 I'll be happy - that was some mad janky shit. 

Yeah I liked the gunplay, looked very interesting when the higher level weapons and abilities were shown off. The HUD is apparently modular so you can turn things like damage numbers off if you like, which is good. Don't mind them in things like Borderlands but in something as immersive as this, they looked a bit out of place.

On 28/08/2018 at 18:54, silebyboy said:

I’ve been really looking forward to this but massively disappointed to hear that it’s first person. I’m yet to play a first person game that doesn’t give me motion sickness so for that reason, I’m out. 

Don't know if this might help at all, but many modern games come with a motion blur setting that is on by default. I find it annoying and imagine it might cause sickness in some people. It's often possible to turm it off in the menus.

20 hours ago, samlcfc said:

Don't know if this might help at all, but many modern games come with a motion blur setting that is on by default. I find it annoying and imagine it might cause sickness in some people. It's often possible to turm it off in the menus.

I’ll have to check that out, thanks.