Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Leicester Riders

Last game of the regular season this weekend. Hopefully secure 2nd. The signing of Love has proven really well - they were unfortunate not to get something at the Copper Box at Easter

Interestingly Lions have one of their ex NBA players leave and the other, Sam Dekker, is now out injured with no defined time line. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So bad. I thought they had a decent logo already tbf, could have just given it a facelift. Reminds me of that crap logo Leeds nearly changed to.

Wouldn't surprise me if some agency has created it and it's been approved only by the owner. There's no way a focus group has agreed that's good enough.

On 09/08/2023 at 10:26, RoboFox said:

They've rebranded again. And it's considerably worse. 

Just go back to this crest which was easily the best and it's all been downhill since. 

image.png.f52745c5a4e5058cfcceace908115197.png

That new logo really is awful.

Its got a similar profile to Blasty - the 90's Calgary Flames alternate logo that got a lot of stick at the time, but has made a retro comeback recently...

image.thumb.png.5a207e7fbf776c8e8b825127309568fe.png

But whereas one looks menacing and fit for a sports team, the other just looks docile and more like a logo for a horse hospital!

(For me, the '86 one brings back memories, but there has to be a horse! the '94 one feels like it came from the 1940s not the 1990s, the '95 one with the negative space is classy,

the 2005 one is far too complicated, and the 2013 is a pretty good combination of horse, basketball & not too over-engineered - I can't see why they felt a need to move away from it).

On 10/08/2023 at 13:26, Golden Fox said:

That new logo really is awful.

Its got a similar profile to Blasty - the 90's Calgary Flames alternate logo that got a lot of stick at the time, but has made a retro comeback recently...

image.thumb.png.5a207e7fbf776c8e8b825127309568fe.png

But whereas one looks menacing and fit for a sports team, the other just looks docile and more like a logo for a horse hospital!

(For me, the '86 one brings back memories, but there has to be a horse! the '94 one feels like it came from the 1940s not the 1990s, the '95 one with the negative space is classy,

the 2005 one is far too complicated, and the 2013 is a pretty good combination of horse, basketball & not too over-engineered - I can't see why they felt a need to move away from it).

Yes, the 86 brings back memories. It was based on the Leicester City Bus logo at the time, from memory the sponsorship was split between them and the City Council.

I always assumed the original Riders reference was probably bus rides! 🤣

I like the 95 logo, simple but quite strong. The 2013 is ok too, the 67 reference is neat. 

But I'm with the consensus on the new logo, it's awful. Are they changing their name to Leicester Ponies?!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...