Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Fans selling Vichai memorabilia on eBay

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Didn't know you knew me. 

But despite the thought crossing my mind. Holding onto these gifts is more important than ebaying right now. 

But I do know where you are coming from, guess I'm lucky I'm not on the bread line just yet. But after 24 years as a season ticket holder it maybe the 1st thing to give as 50 quid a month for a luxury could be seen as excessive. And that's without the travel, beer, food for the boy etc.

But we are quick to judge. I think the biggest issue yet again is that loads went missing and some people are clearly out to make a quick buck.

I noticed on eBay there's people listing the title goods for 50 quid and not 1 bid. How slowly things are forgotten.

I deplore anyone that removed a programme that wasn’t in their seat. I completely understand reactions to that point.

the bids in excess of 50k are likely to be fake buyers too.. those that state where the profits going (I.e hospitals) are more realistic. 

P.s and if true, I’m sorry for the circumstances your in, so soon to xmas too. ☹️

Edited by turkish14

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

I deplore anyone that removed a programme that wasn’t in their seat. I completely understand reactions to that point.

the bids in excess of 50k are likely to be fake buyers too.. those that state where the profits going (I.e hospitals) are more realistic. 

50k **** it is only seen 8.5k and a few at a more realistic price. But if someone is willing to part with 50k for mine. I take it all back mines going on eBay?

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

50k **** it is only seen 8.5k and a few at a more realistic price. But if someone is willing to part with 50k for mine. I take it all back mines going on eBay?

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

The highest I seen was 60k but then it was taken off..(see below)

As I say there are lots of fake bids to up the price, with the winning bidder having no plan to pay. In there mind to screw over the seller. The reality is, it drives up the genuine bids. All the seller then does is offer the bid diwn the list of bidders. 

my mates was taken off because someone complained, so eBay used their “profit from death” policy to remove listing.  But there are others still up currently. My mate has spoken to the eBay staff to complain and has written a formal response too. He is awaiting their reply.

13 hours ago, FIF said:

Why do people have to "keep the stuff"? If we all kept every gift we were ever given we'd need a hell of a lot of storage space by the time we're in our later years. It wasn't  even a personal gift. If people want to sell it and benefit from the revenue that should be their right. It would also mean those unable to attend could get (and keep forever if they so wish) a memorial bag.

Morally it doesn't sit well with me that, given the occasion in which these items were made available to fans on the day in the first place, that they should then go and sell them on.  Whether or not proceeds of a sale go forwards to charity is irrelevant.

If people are ok to do this based on whatever morals they believe in, then so be it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Morally it doesn't sit well with me that, given the occasion in which these items were made available to fans on the day in the first place, that they should then go and sell them on.  Whether or not proceeds of a sale go forwards to charity is irrelevant.

If people are ok to do this based on whatever morals they believe in, then so be it. 

Spot on .

On 14/11/2018 at 14:54, everton carr said:

Don't talk rubbish some of the people selling them have been season ticket holders for years you have no idea what they need the money for so how can you pass judgement ?

Easily, similarly to you!! If they can afford a season ticket I wouldn't think they're short of cash.

• Like 1