Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Fans selling Vichai memorabilia on eBay

So we know people have had bags nicked and suddenly there is a surplus of match memorabilia on ebay?

And being upset about that is snowflakey lol Yeah someone selling their own s**t fine, someone selling stuff that've pinched off other supporters which is blatently what has happened with at least a few of these items, not on.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, turkish14 said:

P.s my wife made a point that has stuck..

We lost our mum in law in January. She had no insurance so we had to pay £3:100 in funeral fees. And now another £480 for a headstone (lettering £5 each)... 

are the engravers and the funeral directors profiting from death? 

Yes the sure are...if I had a programme to sell I would do, if it meant paying off the debt left behind.

but in many eyes here, I’d would be deemed immoral?

Not the same situation is it?

These bags were a gift from Top and the club, you were buying a service provided by a company. The funeral company didn’t give you a gift, you approached them to carry out a job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I would say that Mark DOES have the right to limit a friendly chappie's posts. Or even ban people with extremely long ox's.

Without wanting to cause any offence this is complete BS. The people are selling something given to them - nobody said that it was given to them on the condition that they keep it for life or put it in a corner of the room and sing "when you're smiling" to it at 6pm every night.

There are millions of "professionals" who profit from tragedy every day of the year. Florists and Funeral services at the top of that list - do you know how much it costs when a member of your family dies? Do you think that the Florists who supply flowers to funerals do so t cost price so as not to "profiteer" from a tragedy.

Totally ridiculous comparison and let's leave it at that as you clearly don't get it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, promised land said:

Not the same situation is it?

These bags were a gift from Top and the club, you were buying a service provided by a company. The funeral company didn’t give you a gift, you approached them to carry out a job.

I approached the funeral company As I don’t have a choice, meaning whoever I use, I’ll be charged ridicules sums of money to put a loved one into the ground. We don’t exactly have a choice do we? It’s robbery, knowing full well we don’t have a choice and who wants to argue when grieving.

Not quite sure I agree, but each to their own I guess.

46 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Instead of people selling stuff and then offering to put proceeds to charity, firstly they should put some money into a charity and keep the stuff.

Secondly the club should produce more of the items and put all proceeds into the charity themselves.

But then when do we stop? Do we just keep making the items available forever 

26 minutes ago, Raj said:

People on here are do off the mark it's unreal.

Comparing this to funeral services and florists ffs!!!

Let's get it right. These were gifts/ momentos to EVERY fan who attended the game.

If someone has nicked someone elses bag and sold it they should be ashamed. 

If someone has sold their own bag for their own profit in my eyes it's very sad but it's up to them

If someone sells their bag for charity then that's fine.

Thete..I've cleared it up for you all.

Yep, nicely put.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Let's get it right. These were gifts/ momentos to EVERY fan who attended the game.

If someone has sold their own bag for their own profit in my eyes it's very sad but it's up to them

Basically it was given to each fan, it's yours. Do what you want with it.

If it's right that they are going for a couple grand then mines going, I got a house to pay for!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrezZone said:

Well I wasn't at the game as I live in another country...

Where can I get one lol

Plastic! ;)

----------------------------------

Seriously, people getting upset about them being sold on ebay?????? 

A scarf or programme etc is NOT a person, they do not deserve respect and reverence. It is just STUFF.

So many people placing value on commodity instead of on people and actions.

• Like 2

I would have loved to had been there, and not just for the box of memorabilia , given the chance i would buy one off ebay, but the price is way too high. So im glad that the option is there for people to buy one, just sad  that the sellers have made the price so high for their own gain, which is plain wrong

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

I would have loved to had been there, and not just for the box of memorabilia , given the chance i would buy one off ebay, but the price is way too high. So im glad that the option is there for people to buy one, just sad  that the sellers have made the price so high for their own gain, which is plain wrong

It’s not the sellers inflating the price. It’s messed up fans, deliberately putting in fake bids to then not pay at the auctions end. Which is a bit stupid, as the seller can just offer it down the list to the genuine buyer bid price.

my mates selling his, and it was taken down as someone complained. eBay said it’s due to their “profit from death policy”. At the same it was on for £1200, but he had an offer privately for £800. He was just made redundant too, so I’m pretty gutted for him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Instead of people selling stuff and then offering to put proceeds to charity, firstly they should put some money into a charity and keep the stuff.

Secondly the club should produce more of the items and put all proceeds into the charity themselves.

Why do people have to "keep the stuff"? If we all kept every gift we were ever given we'd need a hell of a lot of storage space by the time we're in our later years. It wasn't  even a personal gift. If people want to sell it and benefit from the revenue that should be their right. It would also mean those unable to attend could get (and keep forever if they so wish) a memorial bag.

I agree 100% with your second suggestion. By limiting the number of products the club has generated this problem - it's simple economics - supply and demand. If the club were serious about the gesture they'd sell - at cost price - the gifts to EVERYONE who wants one. 

10 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

But then when do we stop? Do we just keep making the items available forever 

eh?

10 hours ago, Raj said:

People simply have a different view.

I don't think anyone is questioning the wrongfulness of people who stole other people's gifts. But everyone who sold their own bag is quite entitled to. they paid for their seat which included the bag. It's theirs. You may wish to keep yours forever (will it be in the loft? around a shine? or will you sleep with it?) that's no sadder than someone who doesn't want to keep it and wants to sell it to someone who does want to keep it.

The funeral serives and florists was in the context of people who profit from tragedy. It was an excellent and relevant post.

8 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Basically it was given to each fan, it's yours. Do what you want with it.

If it's right that they are going for a couple grand then mines going, I got a house to pay for!

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Well I wasn't at the game as I live in another country...

Where can I get one lol

You can't because you are not worthy of a Vichai memorial bag. Only the chosen few who attended the match have that right. No matter how much it means to you or how much you are willing to pay.

10 hours ago, turkish14 said:

I approached the funeral company As I don’t have a choice, meaning whoever I use, I’ll be charged ridicules sums of money to put a loved one into the ground. We don’t exactly have a choice do we? It’s robbery, knowing full well we don’t have a choice and who wants to argue when grieving.

Not quite sure I agree, but each to their own I guess.

I can only imagine the person who is arguing with you has never had to organise the "post- death" of a loved one.

Society dictates that you MUST do certain things, your "LOVE" dictates that you must do certain things and you are ripped off by exorbitant "profiteering" by marketeers trying to take advantage of your situation.

I'd like to see anyone manage to organise this without spending many thousands of pounds.

I've asked my wife to simply dump my body in the sea to feed the fish - sadly that's illegal unless you get a company to do it in certain zones - obviously this is expensive too.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

Why do people have to "keep the stuff"? If we all kept every gift we were ever given we'd need a hell of a lot of storage space by the time we're in our later years. It wasn't  even a personal gift. If people want to sell it and benefit from the revenue that should be their right. It would also mean those unable to attend could get (and keep forever if they so wish) a memorial bag.

I agree 100% with your second suggestion. By limiting the number of products the club has generated this problem - it's simple economics - supply and demand. If the club were serious about the gesture they'd sell - at cost price - the gifts to EVERYONE who wants one. 

eh?

People simply have a different view.

I don't think anyone is questioning the wrongfulness of people who stole other people's gifts. But everyone who sold their own bag is quite entitled to. they paid for their seat which included the bag. It's theirs. You may wish to keep yours forever (will it be in the loft? around a shine? or will you sleep with it?) that's no sadder than someone who doesn't want to keep it and wants to sell it to someone who does want to keep it.

The funeral serives and florists was in the context of people who profit from tragedy. It was an excellent and relevant post.

Exactly. 

You can't because you are not worthy of a Vichai memorial bag. Only the chosen few who attended the match have that right. No matter how much it means to you or how much you are willing to pay.

I can only imagine the person who is arguing with you has never had to organise the "post- death" of a loved one.

Society dictates that you MUST do certain things, your "LOVE" dictates that you must do certain things and you are ripped off by exorbitant "profiteering" by marketeers trying to take advantage of your situation.

I'd like to see anyone manage to organise this without spending many thousands of pounds.

I've asked my wife to simply dump my body in the sea to feed the fish - sadly that's illegal unless you get a company to do it in certain zones - obviously this is expensive too.

Excellent post! Me and my wife said to our family, when we go...

no wake, no funeral... in the ground or oven ASAP with minimal cost or fuss. All we ask that our friends and family support our loved ones by cooking, cleaning and other odd jobs whilst they grieve for as long as they need.

everyone has different perspectives on this, with different views and experiences. We can air our views here as it’s a forum. But my mate has had so much unessary abuse via eBay messages from “fans”, slating him, and feeling like they are entitled to give him abuse and judging him.

i hope they are never in a situation where they need cash and pretty quickly.

and the irony that Vichai looked after everyone, abd spread his wealth. 

The attitude of some on here is why people often stop giving.

People often want to give, but it’s how those gifts ( whatever they are) are dealt with that will have an affect on how the giver feels in the future.

As an example, the boss of a company may decide to give a free Christmas party, free bar, or whatever, but then if someone or people decide to abuse it, or show they have no care then it will get stopped. 

I remember once paying for a load of people to go to the football, a complete free day with food, as much as they could drink etc, then at the end one of them said “ are we going now, this is sh&t” 

So guess what, I won’t do it again. I don’t want a thank you, but you are giving for others to enjoy, and you will view your future actions on how the people receiving it react.

I always said way before Vichai died that he was different. The difference was he kept on giving, and he could accept the disappointments that come with it. 

There will have been letters to the club previously saying their badges were stolen from the seats, there will be people saying they got the wrong sized shirts, no donuts etc, but he was capable of overcoming those situations, which I think is one of the key points that made him a remarkable man. 

If someone gives you something, have a bit of respect. The actions of those on eBay will be noted and I can only imagine how Susan, Top and co feel when they see people trying to financially gain when they have been kind enough to give. 

I can tell you for a fact that many people would want to give more, whether it’s companies or individuals, but the thoughts in their heads is of how the receiver is going to react. Will they appreciate it, or just not care. And if they don’t care, then that is the reason it won’t happen again.

You find out so much about people when you give them something. How they react tells you everything you need to know. 

I always said that Vichai’s biggest quality was how he could give, but forgive or turn a blind eye to those that would be a disappointment to him. Those selling on eBay and trying to profit out of Vichai’s generosity and the situation as a whole, will be viewed as sad and disappointing. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

The attitude of some on here is why people often stop giving.

People often want to give, but it’s how those gifts ( whatever they are) are dealt with that will have an affect on how the giver feels in the future.

As an example, the boss of a company may decide to give a free Christmas party, free bar, or whatever, but then if someone or people decide to abuse it, or show they have no care then it will get stopped. 

I remember once paying for a load of people to go to the football, a complete free day with food, as much as they could drink etc, then at the end one of them said “ are we going now, this is sh&t” 

So guess what, I won’t do it again. I don’t want a thank you, but you are giving for others to enjoy, and you will view your future actions on how the people receiving it react.

I always said way before Vichai died that he was different. The difference was he kept on giving, and he could accept the disappointments that come with it. 

There will have been letters to the club previously saying their badges were stolen from the seats, there will be people saying they got the wrong sized shirts, no donuts etc, but he was capable of overcoming those situations, which I think is one of the key points that made him a remarkable man. 

If someone gives you something, have a bit of respect. The actions of those on eBay will be noted and I can only imagine how Susan, Top and co feel when they see people trying to financially gain when they have been kind enough to give. 

I can tell you for a fact that many people would want to give more, whether it’s companies or individuals, but the thoughts in their heads is of how the receiver is going to react. Will they appreciate it, or just not care. And if they don’t care, then that is the reason it won’t happen again.

You find out so much about people when you give them something. How they react tells you everything you need to know. 

I always said that Vichai’s biggest quality was how he could give, but forgive or turn a blind eye to those that would be a disappointment to him. Those selling on eBay and trying to profit out of Vichai’s generosity and the situation as a whole, will be viewed as sad and disappointing. 

Cracking post mate. That is Buddhism to a tee, keep on giving. They give gifts, thoughts and eternal love to the mighty Buddha everyday, without fail.

Consciousness...

Edited by Gwyn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FIF said:

If the club were serious about the gesture they'd sell - at cost price - the gifts to EVERYONE who wants one.

It’s not a gift if you pay for it 

2 hours ago, FIF said:

You can't because you are not worthy of a Vichai memorial bag. Only the chosen few who attended the match have that right. 

As far as I’m aware No one was chosen to go to the game

everybody had an opportunity to attend the game