Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Fans selling Vichai memorabilia on eBay

I really can't see how anyone can condone this action. Do the people that condone this think its OK for the fake poppy sellers to? 

As my Brighton supporting mate said yesterday " Your owner your club and the fans have been the example of how all  club's should conduct themselves. But these low life fvcking scum selling these items should be named shamed and band for life"

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This is one of the problems of today... When you GIVE, you dont decide what someone does with your GIFT.

You have given it, it is not yours anymore.

But the giver can decide to stop giving if they think the receiver isn’t appreciative or is abusing the situation or isn’t being ethical. 

• Like 2

This was raised at last night's FCC. I don't think the club will mind me reporting it.

The club line is basically you have a free right to choose what you do with them.

They can't and won't ban anyone. However those stupid enough to have posted with match tickets will probably be getting a call from Jim.

I have to say whilst there was a little sadness in Susan Whelans face she accepted that it was a gift and as a gift you can't dictate what people do with it. 

As she stated you don't gift a Christmas present with the condition to keep it for life or you will ban them from your house.

Bearing in mind the last week's she has had I felt it was a very forthright response and something the club clearly don't want to waste time or effort worrying about.

• Like 1

You wouldn’t expect any different response from Susan or the owners. What they think inside maybe something different.

I am well aware of a situation involving the owners where they were disappointed in someone’s actions and decided to do changes things around according to the actions of that individual. Nothing was mentioned, they didn’t make a fuss, they didn’t broadcast it, they just changed things accordingly.

One day maybe the gifts will stop, but nothing will ever be said. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I really can't see how anyone can condone this action. Do the people that condone this think its OK for the fake poppy sellers to?

Completely different things aren't they. One is taking money from a good cause and putting it into their own pockets, they are actively being deceptive and it's fraud. 

Those selling items that we given to them to do with as they wish are doing nothing wrong, presuming they didn't take someone else's. It's morally debatable, but who decides what's moral and what isn't?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

The attitude of some on here is why people often stop giving.

People often want to give, but it’s how those gifts ( whatever they are) are dealt with that will have an affect on how the giver feels in the future.

As an example, the boss of a company may decide to give a free Christmas party, free bar, or whatever, but then if someone or people decide to abuse it, or show they have no care then it will get stopped. 

I remember once paying for a load of people to go to the football, a complete free day with food, as much as they could drink etc, then at the end one of them said “ are we going now, this is sh&t” 

So guess what, I won’t do it again. I don’t want a thank you, but you are giving for others to enjoy, and you will view your future actions on how the people receiving it react.

I always said way before Vichai died that he was different. The difference was he kept on giving, and he could accept the disappointments that come with it. 

There will have been letters to the club previously saying their badges were stolen from the seats, there will be people saying they got the wrong sized shirts, no donuts etc, but he was capable of overcoming those situations, which I think is one of the key points that made him a remarkable man. 

If someone gives you something, have a bit of respect. The actions of those on eBay will be noted and I can only imagine how Susan, Top and co feel when they see people trying to financially gain when they have been kind enough to give. 

I can tell you for a fact that many people would want to give more, whether it’s companies or individuals, but the thoughts in their heads is of how the receiver is going to react. Will they appreciate it, or just not care. And if they don’t care, then that is the reason it won’t happen again.

You find out so much about people when you give them something. How they react tells you everything you need to know. 

I always said that Vichai’s biggest quality was how he could give, but forgive or turn a blind eye to those that would be a disappointment to him. Those selling on eBay and trying to profit out of Vichai’s generosity and the situation as a whole, will be viewed as sad and disappointing. 

What makes you think those selling on eBay don’t care? My mate was crying his eyes out on Saturday at the ground. You’ve made a sweeping judgement right there.

Also do you not think that some of those anti, (those selling eBay) have complained/grumbled about some of the clubs polices before, despite all the good the club has done. People moaning about not getting a “free beer”, moaning about ticket prices. How many of you slated the owners when ranieri was sacked? You’ll always have people that are ungrateful in all walks of life. 

As someone that often feels like I’m taken advantage off, despite my generous nature, I know how it feels. But I don’t do it to appease, I do it because I want to make a difference and make others happy. Even if some I know are entitled and ungrateful.

finally what if the “profits” were to cover loss of earning due to redundancy?

or to fund a funeral? Or to put towards private surgery? 

Are these not moral enough reasons to raise funds? 

Again its about persoective in my opinion. 

Edited by turkish14

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

But the giver can decide to stop giving if they think the receiver isn’t appreciative or is abusing the situation or isn’t being ethical. 

If the giver is going to punish 99.9% of people for the actions of a handful, they aren't much of a giver in the first places really are they.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

This is one of the problems of today... When you GIVE, you dont decide what someone does with your GIFT.

You have given it, it is not yours anymore.

I agree with that but how many people actually go out and seek to sell the gift within an hour of receiving it 

56 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I agree with that but how many people actually go out and seek to sell the gift within an hour of receiving it 

I sold the iPad work got me in the space of about 10 minutes.

In the spirit of the owner it would be nice to think any money would go to charity, but if it doesn't they still haven't done anything wrong. They've sold their own property at the end of the day, it's not like they took a shirt from the memorial outside to sell.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

These folk aren't real supporters of Leicester City nor do they have much respect for Vichai and his family. Anything for a quick buck, distasteful and disgraceful.

Don't talk rubbish some of the people selling them have been season ticket holders for years you have no idea what they need the money for so how can you pass judgement ?

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Don't talk rubbish some of the people selling them have been season ticket holders for years you have no idea what they need the money for so how can you pass judgement ?

If they are that desperate for money don’t go to the games then 

38 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Well that’s a stupid comment ? people pay for season tickets, not being able to predict circumstances changing. Believe it or not 

How is it?

I know people pay for season tickets, I pay for one myself. 

If people’s budgets are so tight that they have to sell something so they can buy Xmas presents like a couple of eBay listings state then they need to check their priorities 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Can’t wait to see Mrs O’s face on Christmas Day when I tell her that she hasn’t got any presents from me this year because I bought a season ticket. lol 

It's okay, she'll still have the presents from me.

I'm looking forward to seeing my unborn grandson's face when he is bequeathed a match programme and goodie bag with the express intention that he doesn't sell it but passes it onto his grandson.

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's okay, she'll still have the presents from me.

I'm looking forward to seeing my unborn grandson's face when he is bequeathed a match programme and goodie bag with the express intention that he doesn't sell it but passes it onto his grandson.

Cheers FIF. She said to tell you she wants a crate of craft ales and a PS4 with Red Dead Redemption :thumbup: 

48 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

How is it?

I know people pay for season tickets, I pay for one myself. 

If people’s budgets are so tight that they have to sell something so they can buy Xmas presents like a couple of eBay listings state then they need to check their priorities 

Not if they have just been made redundant. Going from wages to not at lot with a young family and mortgage. If only life was that simple..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

Not if they have just been made redundant. Going from wages to not at lot with a young family and mortgage. If only life was that simple..

Didn't know you knew me. 

But despite the thought crossing my mind. Holding onto these gifts is more important than ebaying right now. 

But I do know where you are coming from, guess I'm lucky I'm not on the bread line just yet. But after 24 years as a season ticket holder it maybe the 1st thing to give as 50 quid a month for a luxury could be seen as excessive. And that's without the travel, beer, food for the boy etc.

But we are quick to judge. I think the biggest issue yet again is that loads went missing and some people are clearly out to make a quick buck.

I noticed on eBay there's people listing the title goods for 50 quid and not 1 bid. How slowly things are forgotten.