Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Fans selling Vichai memorabilia on eBay

http://news.sky.com/story/leicester-city-supporters-blast-fans-selling-tributes-to-late-chairman-on-ebay-11552590

I felt massively honoured to be part of it on Saturday as I'm sure we all did. Pretty galling to read that some are choosing to try and profit from what was gift from Top and the club.

I know it's each to their own and people have different financial situations but I personally don't think you can put a price on being at the game and I'm really disappointed to read about fans cashing in.

To be there was a privilege to receive the gifts was a privilege. Just don't get how a true fan could be betray that for an extra £200.

• Like 2

I got 2. Was entitled to 3 really as I have 3 season tickets. But I let one go to a mate.

Was considering selling the 2nd as me and my son don't really need 2 long term as he will get mine eventually. Would have donated proceeds to charity of clubs wishes.

However having seen the abuse some are getting and I have no doubt some are taking money for themselves, I think I will find a family member who wasn't at game and ask them to make a small donation instead.

Wouldn't get too uptight about it. What can you do? If someone wants to sell and someone wants to buy and both parties are happy then so what?

There's been times in my life when I've been desperate for a hundred quid to make ends meet, so we probably shouldn't assume everyone is just profiteering.

The likelihood is they don't sell for anywhere near as much as the headlines make out.

• Like 3

Come on!!! Are we all so innocent,then deny  we can't believe it's an everyday part of our lives..

Supply and demand,sell n buy...

I am the last,that would go and buy,something that was offered in tribute free to fans...

but let's say the club,put these into the shop,to sell to put towards a charity,the statue,or a plaque..what then?????

I wasn’t there Saturday but was at Cardiff and can’t imagine selling the t shirt I was given. I appreciate people’s situations are different, but there’s a line - especially when you call yourself a fan of the club.

If someone offered me £200 for the t shirt I genuinely wouldn’t take it.

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Bidder Action Date of bid and retraction
l***r(3428)
Cancelled:
£65,000.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 11:25:59PM GMT
Cancelled:
12 Nov 2018 at 11:34:18PM GMT
d***e(11)
Cancelled:
£60,500.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 9:16:22PM GMT
Cancelled:
12 Nov 2018 at 11:22:09PM GMT
l***r(3428)
Cancelled:
£80,000.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 10:17:53PM GMT
Cancelled:
12 Nov 2018 at 11:20:51PM GMT
2***s(16)
Cancelled:
£1,400.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 6:39:58PM GMT
Cancelled:
12 Nov 2018 at 9:29:21PM GMT
a***n(125)
Cancelled:
£10,000.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 6:44:00PM GMT
Cancelled:
12 Nov 2018 at 9:28:37PM GMT
l***t(193)
Cancelled:
£50,000.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 7:19:31PM GMT
Cancelled:
12 Nov 2018 at 9:28:04PM GMT
e***_(1121)
Cancelled:
£60,000.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 7:20:41PM GMT
Cancelled:
12 Nov 2018 at 9:27:07PM GMT
n***6(121)
Retracted:
£65,000.00
Bid:
12 Nov 2018 at 7:59:48PM GMT
Retracted:
12 Nov 2018 at 8:01:05PM GMT

Attracting some punchy bids:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Who cares? Wouldn't be selling mine but if someone wants to sell it and someone wants to buy it then each to there own. 32,000 people in the stadium not Everyone feels the same about this you can't force people to deal with this in exactly the manner that you want.

Totally agree  remember we had the same thing a couple of  years ago just because some people decided to sell there Jamie Vardy crisps.Life really is too short to get upset over something so trivial.

• Like 1

Vichai was all for the free market and making money.

He made his money from selling things at a higher price than he got them for.

Maybe he'd be proud that people were benefitting.

Still think the answer is for the club to make as many of the kits as demanded available to everyone who wants this form of memory at cost price. Then no-one would be able to sell them for a great profit.

11 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Selling it is a bit off though - it was given to us 

If you, as a fan, don’t want it, just give it away to a supporter who would appreciate it 

Technically, it wasn't 'just given to us'.

It came with the seat that you paid for.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Technically, it wasn't 'just given to us'.

It came with the seat that you paid for.

Technically it was.

I paid for the seat. I got the seat.

I didn’t pay anything for the programme and other memorabilia. 

But if you’re right those “free” beers we got given were bloomin expensive. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Weird, I had more in my pocket than when I normally leave a game having bought a programme. 

But you wouldn't have got that scarf, programme, badge and clapper had you not bought a ticket for the game.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

But you wouldn't have got that scarf, programme, badge and clapper had you not bought a ticket for the game.

lol 

It’s obviously important to you. 

This section should be moved to pedantry central. 

I pray that your other half doesn’t leave the fridge door open anytime soon ;) 

• Haha 1