Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Fans selling Vichai memorabilia on eBay

17 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

lol 

It’s obviously important to you. 

This section should be moved to pedantry central. 

I pray that your other half doesn’t leave the fridge door open anytime soon ;) 

I realise you're joking, but don't besmirch the good name of Pedantry Central with your veiled insults, it does not win you the argument :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

lol 

It’s obviously important to you. 

This section should be moved to pedantry central. 

I pray that your other half doesn’t leave the fridge door open anytime soon ;) 

Pedant? Yeah maybe.

Right? Definitely.

:) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Vichai was all for the free market and making money.

He made his money from selling things at a higher price than he got them for.

Maybe he'd be proud that people were benefitting.

Still think the answer is for the club to make as many of the kits as demanded available to everyone who wants this form of memory at cost price. Then no-one would be able to sell them for a great profit.

Agree 100%

We are all getting a little snowflake here and the media are short of news.

King Power was founded on buying and selling and fueling demand, if someone needs a few quid (kids crimbo or just skint) and someone is prepared to pay as they want the item more than the seller then so be it.

The packs should be available at cost I totally agree.

Be good for the walkers to have the option. Can't not knock the club as I don't think they realised how many none game attending walkers there were. At least the programs available to buy.

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Agree 100%

We are all getting a little snowflake here and the media are short of news.

King Power was founded on buying and selling and fueling demand, if someone needs a few quid (kids crimbo or just skint) and someone is prepared to pay as they want the item more than the seller then so be it.

The packs should be available at cost I totally agree.

Be good for the walkers to have the option. Can't not knock the club as I don't think they realised how many none game attending walkers there were. At least the programs available to buy.

Is it atcost price or are the club trying to benefit from the situation? 

I jest

or do I?

40 minutes ago, FIF said:

I jest

or do I?

People on the radio complaining they couldn’t buy a program outside having travelled and done the walk.

seems strange if that is the case, would’ve thought available elsewhere at usual cost?

40 minutes ago, FIF said:

I jest

or do I?

The programmes are available for a minimum donation of £1.50 to the Vichai Foundation 

Also eBay have said they will remove anything that is not listed as an eBay for charity item or listed officially by the club itself

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Got no problem with anybody selling anything.  I would never sell mine but if for any reason people see the need to it's up to them. Memories are priceless, goods always have a price.

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

The programmes are available for a minimum donation of £1.50 to the Vichai Foundation 

Also eBay have said they will remove anything that is not listed as an eBay for charity item or listed officially by the club itself

Why? What gives them the right? As long as the sellers are the owners of these items and didn't get them illegally I think it's their right to be able to sell them for profit to someone who wants to nuy one but can't get one.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Why? What gives them the right? As long as the sellers are the owners of these items and didn't get them illegally I think it's their right to be able to sell them for profit to someone who wants to nuy one but can't get one.

I wonder if it’s similar to the right of the owner of a forum deciding who should be subject to limited posts ;)

• Haha 1

Makes me laugh that people get shot down when selling tickets at face value for away games that it stops genuine fans getting tickets,even though it’s helping a fellow fox get a ticket aswell as helping ourselves,

yet the same people that condemn this sell memorabilia on eBay and because it was given for free think it’s there right to do this,

its not even hypocritical it’s disgusting 

• Like 2

I hope the clowns bidding stupid amounts of money on eBay pay up after.

There's people actually wanting to buy these and they will miss out because these bellends don't want people to sell their own property

**** it, for 7 grand I'll sell my bag of stuff, that's a season ticket for the next 10 years 

13 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Just more 'outrage' at something that really isn't that awful, tbh. 

Not everyone is the same. 

Personally my scarf, badge and program will be cherished but why the **** do I care what anyone else decides to do with theirs? 

Yeah, it seems disrespectful to profit from this but wtf, who has time to get outraged by this? 

Some people are arseholes, some people aren't so emotional and some people need the money, probably. Just enjoy your gifts and stop kicking up a fuss. The moaning is almost as jarring as the action itself. 

Man, the world today. 

(nothing against OP Paddy btw, not a personal reply but seen plenty of people losing their shit over this - just not worth it).

It is clearly me then because profiteering from a tragedy as a minimum shows a massive lack of respect and quite honestly stinks but then again I have old fashioned values.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I hope the clowns bidding stupid amounts of money on eBay pay up after.

There's people actually wanting to buy these and they will miss out because these bellends don't want people to sell their own property

**** it, for 7 grand I'll sell my bag of stuff, that's a season ticket for the next 10 years 

Really is ridiculous a charity listing for Leicester hospital currently going for 47k.Seeme they don't even want charities to benefit really does begger belief

• Like 1

It’s lunstics with fake profiles putting in bids that they won’t actually pay, that’s putting the price up.

all the seller (I think) has to do, is offer it down the list of highest bidders. 

So so if your against people selling their programmes don’t bid, as your likely to increase their profit.

P.s my wife made a point that has stuck..

We lost our mum in law in January. She had no insurance so we had to pay £3:100 in funeral fees. And now another £480 for a headstone (lettering £5 each)... 

are the engravers and the funeral directors profiting from death? 

Yes the sure are...if I had a programme to sell I would do, if it meant paying off the debt left behind.

but in many eyes here, I’d would be deemed immoral?

I guess it’s purely down to what the gifts mean to the person with them. I’ll never get rid of them, it’s a significant part of the clubs history and a reminder to me of everything Vichai did for us. One thing I will say is don’t dwel on the negatives that have surfaces in this period... because Top and his family will only remember the kind hearted gestures of the thousands who paid tribute, and that is all that truly matters.

13 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

P.s my wife made a point that has stuck..

We lost our mum in law in January. She had no insurance so we had to pay £3:100 in funeral fees. And now another £480 for a headstone (lettering £5 each)... 

are the engravers and the funeral directors profiting from death? 

Yes the sure are...if I had a programme to sell I would do, if it meant paying off the debt left behind.

but in many eyes here, I’d would be deemed immoral?

Great post

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I wonder if it’s similar to the right of the owner of a forum deciding who should be subject to limited posts ;)

I would say that Mark DOES have the right to limit a friendly chappie's posts. Or even ban people with extremely long ox's.

2 hours ago, Ian S said:

It is clearly me then because profiteering from a tragedy as a minimum shows a massive lack of respect and quite honestly stinks but then again I have old fashioned values.

Without wanting to cause any offence this is complete BS. The people are selling something given to them - nobody said that it was given to them on the condition that they keep it for life or put it in a corner of the room and sing "when you're smiling" to it at 6pm every night.

There are millions of "professionals" who profit from tragedy every day of the year. Florists and Funeral services at the top of that list - do you know how much it costs when a member of your family dies? Do you think that the Florists who supply flowers to funerals do so t cost price so as not to "profiteer" from a tragedy.