Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rileigh84

How far have we come as a club the last 10 years?

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I also have the 2016 one of my kitchen wall and yeah if you look at £20 for a sheet of paper that’s expensive but it isn’t just a sheet of paper is it.

I agree that it’s a bit shameless wrapping this in a thread but harsh if anyone to call this tat.

I know it’s shameless, but I was asked to let people know when I had the others in stock by others foxes talk users, I genuinely had to say what I did in terms of how far we’ve come though, because these prints genuinely help me remember that and give me some perspective, something I think we as fans need right now.

Glad you’re enjoying the print though. A lot of love went into it.

15 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

This is barely even the definition of a plug, it's just an excerpt of "Leicester City history for dummies" followed by BUY MY PRODUCT. I'd have had more respect if they'd just put three links, the picture and BUY MY PRODUCT.

What an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Behave mate they're decent products so what are you crying about? He hasn't tricked you into buying something you dont want has he 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rileigh84 said:

Lots of stuff

Telling me about print runs and costs is like telling your gran how to suck an egg.

No ones asked you to do these, it’s your choice, I’m giving my opinion.

Go onto dragons den to get a share for some money and see how far you get when you explain to them you’re using your time to develop and package it etc, they’ll tell  you to take that on the chin and won’t be happy about paying out for it.

Ever occurred to you that to get the price down you could do far bigger print runs?

Thats a business gamble you don’t seem reluctant to take, anyway good luck shifting them.

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Telling me about print runs and costs is like telling your gran how to suck an egg.

Go onto dragons den to get a share for some money and see how far you get when you explain to them you’re using your time to develop and package it etc, they’ll tell  you to take that on the chin and won’t be happy about paying out for it.

Ever occurred to you that to get the price down you could do far bigger print runs?

Thats a business gamble you don’t seem reluctant to take, anyway good luck shifting them.

No one asked for your opinion to be fair.

And from your response you obviously have a poor understanding of business seeing as R&D and man time are all factors in pricing items... not just the raw materials cost - how on earth do you think businesses stay afloat if we just charged cost prices to customers?

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Have a couple of friends who have these in frames and they look brilliant....nobody is forcing anybody to buy them.

Hope they will be in stock after Christmas @Rileigh84 as shall certainly be purchasing a few for the wall.

Thanks buddy.

im in the process of getting fresh stock in this week - always have stock of the 2016 print, sometimes run out of the 2009 & 2014 prints as I don’t have as much demand (and therefore don’t order as many) - should be able to sort you out though bud! ??

• Like 1

On 28/11/2018 at 16:12, promised land said:

Got a serious chip on your shoulder mate. Do you moan like this when you go for food and get charged well over the price it cost them to cook it for you?

If you dont want to buy something then dont buy it but dont just be a dick 

• Like 3

On 28/11/2018 at 16:12, promised land said:

The guys has sold this stuff for the last two year on here. Those on here who posted having bought it (on the original thread and the couple on here) only had positives feedback from what I remember. Clearly he's legitimate and people are happy with his product, he even ran you through the costing (even though he was at no need to do so) and there's clearly an audience for it. He's not forcing anyone to buy it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

The guys has sold this stuff for the last two year on here. Those on here who posted having bought it (on the original thread and the couple on here) only had positives feedback from what I remember. Clearly he's legitimate and people are happy with his product, he even ran you through the costing (even though he was at no need to do so) and there's clearly an audience for it. He's not forcing anyone to buy it.

Absolutely this 

If it were my business I'd have told him to suck my balls and he can't have one even if he wanted one 

?

53 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Although I dont agree with OP's approach, they are decent looking in fairness.

@Rileigh84 could you do them for other teams maybe? Utd 99 / Arsenal Invincibles etc? Much larger market.

Good luck with the continued ventures anyway.

To be fair, I wouldn't have approached it this way but I assumed most would have known that i do these prints as I have posted them on here a few times before, a few years ago initially. My initial point was quite genuine - I have all 3 up in my hallway and it's a great reminder of how far we've come :)

Thanks for the 'good luck' though, its appreciated. I have done an Arsenal Invincibles one at a request of a friend and that is in my store, however contrary to what you might think - it didn't do as well, most likely as it was a long time ago. It takes about a week to put each design together from start to finish so I also struggle to find time - but I try. Thanks for the input and the suggestions though, again - appreciated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rileigh84 said:

To be fair, I wouldn't have approached it this way but I assumed most would have known that i do these prints as I have posted them on here a few times before, a few years ago initially. My initial point was quite genuine - I have all 3 up in my hallway and it's a great reminder of how far we've come :)

Thanks for the 'good luck' though, its appreciated. I have done an Arsenal Invincibles one at a request of a friend and that is in my store, however contrary to what you might think - it didn't do as well, most likely as it was a long time ago. It takes about a week to put each design together from start to finish so I also struggle to find time - but I try. Thanks for the input and the suggestions though, again - appreciated.

You either misjudged the mood of FT these days. It’s a largely cynical collection of individuals knowing that no joy from sport can ever recreate what we shared 2 and a half years ago, or it’s a cynical attempt to get people arguing on your behalf to keep your thread at the top :D

Either way they are top quality info graphics, I love that kind of stuff. Will be interesting to see what you come up with next. Maybe just ask the mods first if you can post it and get it pinned at the top.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

It’s payday so just picked one of the champions ones up @Rileigh84 as well as one of the ‘when you’re smiling’ prints. Looking forward to putting them up when they arrive - thanks for the discount code :thumbup:

Nice one! They'll be sent seperately as I only stock the Champions posters here, so don't be alarmed if one comes before the other. Thanks for the purchase - I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :D

57 minutes ago, Captain... said:

You either misjudged the mood of FT these days. It’s a largely cynical collection of individuals knowing that no joy from sport can ever recreate what we shared 2 and a half years ago, or it’s a cynical attempt to get people arguing on your behalf to keep your thread at the top :D

Either way they are top quality info graphics, I love that kind of stuff. Will be interesting to see what you come up with next. Maybe just ask the mods first if you can post it and get it pinned at the top.

Oooooh cynical, haha - I actually just hadn't thought through how it'd come across. I know better now though, haha. :D

Admin is ok with me posting this and I'm sorting him out too - thanks for the compliments on the graphics - it's a passion of mine which is how this all got started, the first one I ever did was when we won the Championship and I got it printed just for my own use, then when I posted it on Facebook a load of the lads I go to the football with wanted a copy - and it all kind of grew from there really. I'm not so keen on doing them for other clubs but I have to admit I did the Man City one a few weeks back and I was just astounded by how incredible their season was - so you do learn a lot doing them. I also put a video together showing some of the design process, I'll post it below.

Edited by Rileigh84

It's funny because Nigel Pearson and his staff are one of the biggest reasons we are where we are now. Remember being uninspired with his appointment given the big name Holloway we had before at the time, but what an inspired appointment. He rebuilt the squad completely in both spells in charge and took us to where we are today. Other managers have built on that but Pearson was the architect imo. I'd actually maintain outside the top 6 we are the biggest or most recognisable club in the PL. 5 years ago someone asked me what kit I was wearing at football and I replied Leicester and they we're like who? That doesn't happen anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, shailen said:

It's funny because Nigel Pearson and his staff are one of the biggest reasons we are where we are now. Remember being uninspired with his appointment given the big name Holloway we had before at the time, but what an inspired appointment. He rebuilt the squad completely in both spells in charge and took us to where we are today. Other managers have built on that but Pearson was the architect imo. I'd actually maintain outside the top 6 we are the biggest or most recognisable club in the PL. 5 years ago someone asked me what kit I was wearing at football and I replied Leicester and they we're like who? That doesn't happen anymore.

I did a graphic on this ages ago - Big Nige was our most succesful manager ever I believe. Here we go - found it for you. This was done around the time of his departure so omits Ranieri etc.

Nigel-Pearson_thanks.jpg

Edited by Rileigh84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've come a long way in the last 10 years and the main outstanding factor in our successful rise into and up the Premiership is all down to Vichail and his family. Without them just think where we would be, probably floundering around in the lower echelons of the EFL.

On 02/12/2018 at 16:27, Rileigh84 said:

I did a graphic on this ages ago - Big Nige was our most succesful manager ever I believe. Here we go - found it for you. This was done around the time of his departure so omits Ranieri etc.

Nigel-Pearson_thanks.jpg

So impressive considering we have had two promotions under Pearson. To adapt to a new league and maintain that win rate. Looking at his finishes as well - every season but 11/12 when he took over from Sven we have achieved something big.