Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rileigh84

How far have we come as a club the last 10 years?

It's been a while so apologies in advance,

While the whole Puel In / Puel Out debate rages on, I like to remind myself of how far we've come as a club, and have a unique way of doing so. The last 10 years have been pretty special haven't they?

I remember being sat in an internet café in Vietnam back in May 2008, trying and failing to find a Radio Leicester stream of the Leicester vs Stoke match, and having to watch the BBC sport ticker page for updates before being mortified as we were relegated to League One. It topped off a sad era for my time supporting City. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we'd go on to produce and experience what we have in these last 10 years however.

The following season we walked through League One, spearheaded by that beast Stevie Howard alongside Matty Fryatt, with Oakley and King running things in the middle and Lloyd Dyer ripping up the wings. Big Aleksander Tunchev beasting it at the back alongside Michael Morrison. How far we have come... still rage over Kermorgant's failed panenka kick in the semi's the following season.

What followed was the Thai takeover, and the rest as they say is history... well, with a minor Sven Goran Eriksson sized blip in between.

I want to remember these days forever, which is why I put together these infographic prints a few years back. I focus on creating trigger points that initiate memory recall, helping to relive the emotions of those acheivements and the journey. I want to share this with as many fans as I can, because I know first hand how good they've been to me, the amount of times I pass one and find myself reliving the tales once again. A fav of mine is the QPR game where Nuge chased off a squirrel.

Before anyone shouts 'spam' I've posted here many times before, ex-season ticket holder, now unable to get a season ticket after giving mine up when I moved away a few years back but still go to most games (in SK1 usually).

I know many of you were very interested in this in the past and bought copies, so I thought you might like to know I now have fresh stock of these prints;

All in stock, and as a discounted trilogy bundle to buy if you like here.

Leicester-City-Trilogy-Bundle-4_office_s

I have put together a unique discount code for Foxes Talk users, if you use the code FOXESTALK18 at the checkout you'll receive 10% off.

Cheers guys,

Up the city!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

"How to plug a product while disguising it as a debate on the club's progress"

Shameless. :appl:

It's still all true though. Do I make money out of them, sure, a little. But did I produce them so myself and other city fans could relive the journey - absolutely. I'd give them away for free if I didn't have a family to feed! Haha.

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

This is barely even the definition of a plug, it's just an excerpt of "Leicester City history for dummies" followed by BUY MY PRODUCT. I'd have had more respect if they'd just put three links, the picture and BUY MY PRODUCT.

What an insult to everyone's intelligence.

:surrender:

Like I said, it's shameless promotion, but its all true. You don't have to buy it, plenty of others have and have enquired about the 2009 and 2014 prints so I'm just letting people know its back in stock - and it reminded me that we've come a long way now that we argue about mid table not being enough for the club.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

the only way to redeem yourself @Rileigh84 is to give all 3 products away for free to everyone who posts in this thread.

Dude you're killing me. But no can do, gotta at least cover my costs. The best I can do at the moment is offer a discount to Foxes Talk members, takes time and money to package and post these let alone design and get them printed. Nice try though chap! haha.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Free advert is a bit cheeky. You could put a set up for auction proceeds going to FT. 

I've offered a few of these up for charity auctions recently, one most recently after Vichai's death. It's not something I mind doing. I also donate 10% of any profits to NACOA - The National Association for Children of Alcoholics, a charity very close to me. I believe I gave a copy away to the winners of a 'guess  the correct score' competition on Foxes Talk before if my memory serves me correct also.

As I said, I don't really make any money out of these due to time spent designing them, the cost of print, packaging and then storage costs - I also offer free UK shipping which isn't free at all as I pay full rates for the postage, I just offer the customer free shipping, so it's difficult for me to offer these for free or at auction. Try and get an A1 gallery quality print yourself and you'll see what I mean, you're easily paying £18+ for a one-off print.

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

This is barely even the definition of a plug, it's just an excerpt of "Leicester City history for dummies" followed by BUY MY PRODUCT. I'd have had more respect if they'd just put three links, the picture and BUY MY PRODUCT.

What an insult to everyone's intelligence.

I’ve just bought all three

• Thanks 1