Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What's in the news?

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Nonsense, we are having a perfectly sensible discussion.

The other news blowing up my Twitter today is the Raheem Sterling Racism conversation, where white middle aged journalists are denying racism exists in the media.  Which is almost as ridiculous as BREXIT today.

Whether you think it's sensible or not is up to you but it's literally identical to the politics thread and that's the point I'm making.

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is blatantly just the politics thread again and you've already got the same posters pulling the same bullshit again. I suggest if the Politics thread was removed because it wasn't wanted on the sub-forum anymore then this one really needs to go as well....

This thread isn't just for politics and the discussion so far has been congenial. 

There is only one mysoginist comment on the second to last page that could cause any concern for mods.

Edited by MattP

23 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I can't see anyone else that has a problem with it, apart from yourself? 

we're all chatting just fine, thanks. 

I don't have a problem with it per se, but it's already beginning to look identical to the politics thread and that's the point I'm making. I don't know exactly why that was pulled as it wasnt ever overly abusive as I saw it but as far as I can see this one will soon tick the same boxes.

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I don't have a problem with it per se, but it's already beginning to look identical to the politics thread and that's the point I'm making. I don't know exactly why that was pulled as it wasnt ever overly abusive as I saw it but as far as I can see this one will soon tick the same boxes.

In the news today is Politics and Raheem sterling.  And the poor young lady murdered in NZ, but that is too bloody sad to talk about tbh.

May spoke to several EU leaders over the weekend, and got the fixed response: we're not going to revisit the Withdrawal Agreement.

I'm not sure the cabinet know what's going to happen. Gove was asked this morning on Radio 4 whether the vote was going ahead, and he confirmed it was.

This is typed, safe in my bunker in the west of Ireland, watching events through my periscope!   Good luck, chaps......

29 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Interesting comment from Peston that TM can try to pass a motion to pull the vote, but that motion could well be voted down and the vote go ahead.  What theatre!  She is toast.  I can only imagine she is either resigning or revoking article 50.  The question is, has she got the balls to revoke it and invoke it again the following day?  Reset the clock?

There's a "good faith" element in the judgment allowing Article 50 revocation. All comments I've seen suggest that revoking and then invoking again would be deemed "bad faith" and wouldn't be accepted.

I'm not sure exactly how the system would work, admittedly - and suspect that the EU probably doesn't either. I assume that any revocation would have to go to the European Council and/or Parliament and/or Commission for approval, though, so would probably take weeks to be approved....

I'd be astonished if she revoked Article 50 - and almost as surprised if she resigned at this stage. She doesn't seem the sort to quit at such a critical moment - indeed, she might have pulled the vote to avoid a risk of being forced to quit by her party.

I'd expect her to announce that some final negotiations will take place, she'll be flying to Brussels....all with hints of concessions from the EU. I'm guessing that she'll probably get concessions of a sort - but probably only rhetoric and amendments to the non-binding agreement on future UK/EU relations. Highly unlikely enough that'd be enough to win over enough MPs, though, so where would she go then.......?

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

nah that's cool man, I understand the angle. 

tbf the main people 'arguing' about politics in here are all doing so in good spirit these days - things can get a little heated but people I've had 'ding-dongs' with in the past - well, it's all cleared up and we all get along OK regardless of political views.  

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Anybody else wondering if May will resign at 3.30 for the good of the party to let another go back to the EU to renegotiate?

Anyone else in the world I would assume that's what they were going to do... but Theresa May... no way. She will have to be dragged away kicking and screaming.