Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cambridgefox

6 Nations 2019

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

lol ...   Here we go ! ...   you've been listening to Gatland too much Taff ! ...   nice try  ...     (No pun intended!).

No !  ...     you're going to win ! ...     and I'm Spartacus !     :)

Obviously it'll be close and on the day anyone COULD win but this is the least confident I've been in a home game against England under Gats. 

You won your last two trips to Cardiff, you're the bookmakers favourites, you just beat Ireland away and walloped France comfortably. 

It's yours to lose. 

That's not mind games it's literally what every pundit, bookie and fan is saying and knows is fact. 

You can kid yourself that you're the under dogs if you want to buy in to Eddie's frankly embarrassing attempts at mind games (man should keep his gob shut, he's a brilliant coach but as a wind up merchant he just makes himself look daft), I mean whatever makes you happy really. But unless we make the game hideously boring and have an absolute stormer in the loose, AND Jaco somehow blames you for every single infringement in the scrum, I can't see us winning tbh. 

Our winning run masks a lot of serious problems tactically in our approach and I think we'll get throughly exposed tomorrow. I'm quite serious. 

Edited by Finnegan

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously it'll be close and on the day anyone COULD win but this is the least confident I've been in a home game against England under Gats. 

You won your last two trips to Cardiff, you're the bookmakers favourites, you just beat Ireland away and walloped France comfortably. 

It's yours to lose. 

That's not mind games it's literally what every pundit, bookie and fan is saying and knows is fact. 

You can kid yourself that you're the under dogs if you want to buy in to Eddie's frankly embarrassing attempts at mind games (man should keep his gob shut, he's a brilliant coach but as a wind up merchant he just makes himself look daft), I mean whatever makes you happy really. But unless we make the game hideously boring and have an absolute stormer in the loose, AND Jaco somehow blames you for every single infringement in the scrum, I can't see us winning tbh. 

Our winning run masks a lot of serious problems tactically in our approach and I think we'll get throughly exposed tomorrow. I'm quite serious. 

Can't argue with any of that Finners but think it will be a lot closer than you think ...   home advantage will make quite a difference imo.

Anyway ...   we'll soon find out ! ...  really looking forward to it.

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Can't argue with any of that Finners but think it will be a lot closer than you think ...   home advantage will make quite a difference imo.

Anyway ...   we'll soon find out ! ...  really looking forward to it.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I FEAR a drubbing I don't actually think it will be. England by five to ten I imagine. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

On 22/02/2019 at 16:36, Finnegan said:

It's yours to lose. 

:revenge:

The unpredictability and quality of the 6 Nations is why its one of the best annual tournaments in sport.

Obviously in the second half England didnt play as well as they did against Ireland or France but credit to Wales, they were excellent and the atmosphere sounded immense.

Fair play to France also, showed a lot of character to chase and get the 4th try vs Scotland after 80 mins from their own 22.

I was obviously pretty excited at the end but I doubt many neutrals thought that was the best game they've ever seen. 

I am becoming a little growingly concerned about Northern hemisphere rugby from an aesthetic point of view. 

Defences are evolving at a much faster and stronger rate than attacking strategy is developed. England, Ireland and Wales are without doubt the three best defensive teams in the world. All of us on are day can be absolutely incredible.

But the attack just falls short, you had two teams today that thought their best strategy was to just constantly kick it back to each other. 

You've got Billy Vunipola, Manu Tuilagi, Johnny May, et all out there and you carried the ball maybe once or twice. 

This was just an arm wrestle and the heavier team won. It wasn't exactly attractive rugby was it. You'd have got more entertainment watching any one of a number of Super Rugby games this morning. 

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I was obviously pretty excited at the end but I doubt many neutrals thought that was the best game they've ever seen. 

I am becoming a little growingly concerned about Northern hemisphere rugby from an aesthetic point of view. 

Defences are evolving at a much faster and stronger rate than attacking strategy is developed. England, Ireland and Wales are without doubt the three best defensive teams in the world. All of us on are day can be absolutely incredible.

But the attack just falls short, you had two teams today that thought their best strategy was to just constantly kick it back to each other. 

You've got Billy Vunipola, Manu Tuilagi, Johnny May, et all out there and you carried the ball maybe once or twice. 

This was just an arm wrestle and the heavier team won. It wasn't exactly attractive rugby was it. You'd have got more entertainment watching any one of a number of Super Rugby games this morning. 

If it makes you feel better, we're trying our best to play without any defence today at all...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

So, is it right that Wales can complete the grand slam but England actually win the six nations?

Who the heck ends up celebrating?

This is from Wikipedia I'm assuming it's true.

On 30 November 2016, the Six Nations Committee announced that a bonus point system would be trialled in the 2017 Championship. The system is similar to the one used in most rugby championships (0 points for a loss, 2 for a draw, 4 for a win, 1 for scoring four or more tries in a match, and 1 for losing by 7 points or fewer), with the only difference being that a Grand Slam winner will be given 3 extra points to ensure they finish top of the table.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

So, is it right that Wales can complete the grand slam but England actually win the six nations?

Who the heck ends up celebrating?

No, you win a Slam you win the Six Nations. 

But what can and will happen is that if Wales lose, we can go from first right down to third in a blink assuming Ireland win comfortably today. That's a bit nuts. 

Scotland and Ireland were both like cup finals for us because we can't really afford to not win. It's Slam or nothing. 

Tbh nobody really remembers non-Slam winners anyway so it's kinda fair although personally I don't like the BP system. 

Pretty sure we could draw with Ireland, finish unbeaten and England still win as well. 

Before yesterday I'd have said that you were still realistically the favourites because you had two free bonus point wins left and we had two hard games left and couldn't afford to not win. 

Now, I'll finally put my hand up and say that obviously we are now the favourites. We should be beating Ireland at home. Doesn't mean we will, they could absolutely do us and we could finish third. But I'd have it about 65/35 in our favour in terms of probability tbh. 

Edited by Finnegan

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No, you win a Slam you win the Six Nations. 

But what can and will happen is that if Wales lose, we can go from first right down to third in a blink assuming Ireland win comfortably today. That's a bit nuts. 

Scotland and Ireland were both like cup finals for us because we can't really afford to not win. It's Slam or nothing. 

Tbh nobody really remembers non-Slam winners anyway so it's kinda fair although personally I don't like the BP system. 

Pretty sure we could draw with Ireland, finish unbeaten and England still win as well. 

Before yesterday I'd have said that you were still realistically the favourites because you had two free bonus point wins left and we had two hard games left and couldn't afford to not win. 

Now, I'll finally put my hand up and say that obviously we are now the favourites. We should be beating Ireland at home. Doesn't mean we will, they could absolutely do us and we could finish third. But I'd have it about 65/35 in our favour in terms of probability tbh. 

I'd probably you are correct on your percentages based say the Millenium Stadium factor, momentum of a grand slam, form of your defence and our mediocre form.

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'd probably you are correct on your percentages based say the Millenium Stadium factor, momentum of a grand slam, form of your defence and our mediocre form.

Yeah exactly. I mean it's in Dublin then it's probably 35/65 the other way but in Cardiff we should be edging it. 

No offence but I don't think walloping France today will mean anything. England absolutely shagged the French at home before they came here and it meant absolutely bugger all. We were also crap the week before England away to a rubbish team and that also meant bugger all. 

Defensively, we're about ten thousand times better than France and Ireland's aerial bombardment will phase us about as much as England's did. 

Be a very tight game I think.