Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cambridgefox

6 Nations 2019

There was an opta stat at half time that said no team had ever been behind by more than 13 points I think it was in the six nations and won. Wales had never been behind 11 and won. 

I'd love to say we deserve it but France just spectacularly bottled it. 

Oh well at least we can't be that shit again. 

Edited by Finnegan

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

How jammy were Wales?

A ball thrown up on the try line and an interception.

I don't think it was jammy really. Jammy is about luck, freak bounces, refs missing calls, acts of god almost really. 

This wasn't jammy so much as just France were fundamentally worse than Wales. They were just absolutely appalling in the second half, they're just not good enough at all psychologically. 

Edit: to be clear we were shit af and yes we were fortunate I suppose that France imploded but that's just France is my point, they just are that crap. 

Edited by Finnegan

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think it was jammy really. Jammy is about luck, freak bounces, refs missing calls, acts of god almost really. 

This wasn't jammy so much as just France were fundamentally worse than Wales. They were just absolutely appalling in the second half, they're just not good enough at all psychologically. 

Edit: to be clear we were shit af and yes we were fortunate I suppose that France imploded but that's just France is my point, they just are that crap. 

So, in summary: No, but yeah.  lol

vicky.png

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

France summed up in 80 minutes there tbh.

Not looking forward to the Ireland-England match tbh, think it's going to be a shredding.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Me too. 

I personally don't think there'll be any real shreddings, or there shouldn't anyway. Its the strongest Ireland have probably ever been relevant to the rest of us but that probably says more about them historically than now given it's also conversely about the closest the home nations have ever all been to each other. 

Ireland are still favourites but they're only getting to "shred" anyone if their opponents don't turn up. 

Obviously if Wales gave Ireland a first half like we did France then there'd be no coming back from that. But it isn't really likely. 

For all of the incredibly limp patter from England about Ireland being boring, let's be honest, England are Kings of Tedium when they want to be and they'll go to Dublin and the first priority is going to be defence.

I can see Ireland winning by <5 as long as England actually turn up. I can even see England knicking it if Ireland aren't 100% and England are. 

Weather could play a big part. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I personally don't think there'll be any real shreddings, or there shouldn't anyway. Its the strongest Ireland have probably ever been relevant to the rest of us but that probably says more about them historically than now given it's also conversely about the closest the home nations have ever all been to each other. 

Ireland are still favourites but they're only getting to "shred" anyone if their opponents don't turn up. 

Obviously if Wales gave Ireland a first half like we did France then there'd be no coming back from that. But it isn't really likely. 

For all of the incredibly limp patter from England about Ireland being boring, let's be honest, England are Kings of Tedium when they want to be and they'll go to Dublin and the first priority is going to be defence.

I can see Ireland winning by <5 as long as England actually turn up. I can even see England knicking it if Ireland aren't 100% and England are. 

Weather could play a big part. 

Astute as always.

To clarify, I think that England are going to go there looking to grind it out but if the same indiscipline issues raise their heads again they're going to get punished for it by Sexton every single time - that indiscipline would be the "not turning up" part IMO.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Astute as always.

To clarify, I think that England are going to go there looking to grind it out but if the same indiscipline issues raise their heads again they're going to get punished for it by Sexton every single time - that indiscipline would be the "not turning up" part IMO.

It's only a matter of time before Faz costs you a tournament to be fair. Should have been sent off twice in the autumn and as much as it seemed like he's literally invisible to refs, sooner or later he'll go the way if SBW. Every tackle Sonny Bill makes is heavily scrutinised with refs leaning towards punishment as a default. 

But yeah I see it being fine margins, weather, a card, a crap ref call, I don't see anyone getting tonked unless they're half asleep. 

England play like they did first half against Japan, for example? Goodnight. 

Sat there in the pub last night taking the piss out of my Welsh mate ...  who was named after a famous Welsh rugby player ...   oh dear oh dear I said, you're getting absolutely whooped !! ...   

What a useless bunch of bottlers those bleedin frogs are !! ...   grrrr

58 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

If I had paid goodness knows how much for a ticket at Murrayfield,and was subjected to someone playing the bagpipes DURING the match,let alone at anytime I would be livid.

i have History with bagpipes which was ongoing nearly everyday for years.

Any bagpipes is too much bagpipes... and because people think they're 'cultural' they get bloody everywhere too:  Once got aurally accosted by a bagpipist at some Roman ruins in the middle of Jordan for christ's sake lol