Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cambridgefox

6 Nations 2019

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yep, pretty much spot on ..   a mixed up selection ...   different approach that’s for sure.  

He sees it as probably his last chance to win the world cup given I don't think they'll ever give him the All Black's job. He's obsessed with it, so as far as he's concerned the last couple of six nations have all just been building up to this. 

Last two years we've had an insane amount of rotation in the team as he tests everyone out. 

But I think you can go to far. Ireland and England are building consistency of selection and familiarity around the pitch. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He sees it as probably his last chance to win the world cup given I don't think they'll ever give him the All Black's job. He's obsessed with it, so as far as he's concerned the last couple of six nations have all just been building up to this. 

Last two years we've had an insane amount of rotation in the team as he tests everyone out. 

But I think you can go to far. Ireland and England are building consistency of selection and familiarity around the pitch. 

Yep he’s taking a bit of a gamble, but like you said if it pays off it will be smiles all round.  I can only think he has some players that are very close in ability and wants to make sure he picks the right one.  I’m with you though, too many changes can muddy the waters and confuse the situation as players interact differently ...    he’s made his bed though and time will tell ..   

Think we rode our luck a little if I'm being honest. I'd like to see Carberry start more in this championship ahead of the World Cup in September, in case Sexton is injured. Not bothered about booing the opposition kicker, who cares? Its not golf ffs.

Didnt see Italy v Wales, but at least the scorelines for Italy in their first two games haven't been horrific albeit against what looked like Wales' second string on paper. 

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If Wales and Ireland both win their groups at the world cup, there's a good chance (although it's likely Ireland would play SA in the QF's) that they'll play in the semi final. So it really is a great opportunity for both to hit the ground running come September.

I don't think it bothers Gats much to be honest. There's almost a part of him that would rather lose now and not show his hand than fight tooth and nail now to win this. Like how the Lions always play the warm up games in cruise mode then come alive for the tests. 

I don't like it personally, I've not really liked much of the last four or so years of his reign. He should have gone after the last WC. 

We're desperate for a fresher, more modern approach. Sure I'm biased but I think we've got the best backs in the Northern Hemisphere, they largely go unused. 

Giving Gats Foxy, Sanjay, North, Scott Williams, Patch, Anscombe, Davies, Webb, etc is a little like giving Mourinho Rashford and Pogba and acting shocked when he wasted them parking the bus. 

Edited by Finnegan

You gotta want to lump on England for a grand slam really haven't you if it's not too late to get any worthwhile odds. 

Funny given you were in "turmoil" six months ago. Just shows you shouldn't pay too much attention to winning and losing runs out of context. 

This could be a 40 point win comfortably if France don't find a miracle. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You gotta want to lump on England for a grand slam really haven't you if it's not too late to get any worthwhile odds. 

Funny given you were in "turmoil" six months ago. Just shows you shouldn't pay too much attention to winning and losing runs out of context. 

This could be a 40 point win comfortably if France don't find a miracle. 

Good point, was going to post something similar. They look worryingly good and I'm just happy they are on the opposite half of the World Cup draw to Ireland (if we both win our groups).

And as I post France score a try lol

Edited by Nalis

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Good point, was going to post something similar. They look worryingly good and I'm just happy they are on the opposite half of the World Cup draw to Ireland (if we both win our groups).

And as I post France score a try lol

Ireland haven't become a bad team overnight and England haven't become world beaters either, the world cup is a long way away and there's plenty of time for form to swing, injuries to occur, others to recover, etc. 

It'll be hard to pick much between England, Ireland and Wales by the time the WC rolls around. You've nothing to fear from them based on this alone. 

They're in very good form now but they've not been consistent since Johnno, Backy and Wilko retired.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ireland haven't become a bad team overnight and England haven't become world beaters either, the world cup is a long way away and there's plenty of time for form to swing, injuries to occur, others to recover, etc. 

It'll be hard to pick much between England, Ireland and Wales by the time the WC rolls around. You've nothing to fear from them based on this alone. 

They're in very good form now but they've not been consistent since Johnno, Backy and Wilko retired.

Very true. Finding Wales the most difficult team to work out of the home nations, could end winning the grand slam or losing all three of the remaining games, particularly if Scotland's high risk game clicks. Makes the Wales v England game in a fortnight very interesting as a neutral.

Edited by Nalis

Love the way the ref speaks to the players and how they respond. Owens just bollocking Farrell and one of the pack about not playing by the rugby values and they’re like “yes sir, sorry sir”. Proper respect.

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Very true. Finding Wales the most difficult team to work out of the home nations, could end winning the grand slam or losing all three of the remaining games, particularly if Scotland's high risk game clicks. Makes the Wales v England game in a fortnight very interesting as a neutral.

I thought Scotland away was the game we were most likely to lose before the tournament but having seen how average they've been in their first two games I'm not sure. 

Wales haven't started the tournament yet, we often start slowly and this year is no exception. Whilst I'd make England slight favourites in the next round, Wales will be an infinitely different prospect to this awful France. 

I'd expect our performance next week to be dogged, solid, defensive, cagey with an aim of (ironically, after the chat before England Ireland) boring England. That's exactly what we'll do. 

I just think we're missing too many first choice loose forwards to win the arm wrestle but we'll see. 

Certainly wouldn't surprise me if we completely turn it on and win all three remaining games but it wouldn't surprise me if we lose every one either. Just depends how Gats goes about it. 

Gats "we're flying under the radar" 

Eddie "we're hearing its the best Wales side ever" 

There's not enough eye roll emoji for the amount of shit these two are going to spew before the match is done. They're both decent coaches in their own right but they both drastically over estimate the appetite in the public for their brand of awful "mindgames." 

To quote our Nige, "its not soccer!" 

Wish they'd both pipe down and shut the **** up to be honest. Team of the 70s full of more hall of famers than you can shake a stick at, team of 05-12 multiple titles in a short span, wall to wall lions. 

Yeah, this current team in transition with a basket of injuries is the best ever, Eddie, because of some meaningless arbitrary winning streak and you'll be such a hero if you manage to beat them with Little Old England, never mind the fact you'll be the bookies favourite by a stretch. 

And we're "flying under the radar, nobody's watching us" despite every single team in the tournament being analysed and microanalysed for weeks in the build up and studiously between each match. 

Bore off both of you. 

Edited by Finnegan

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There's not enough eye roll emoji for the amount of shit these two are going to spew before the match is done. They're both decent coaches in their own right but they both drastically over estimate the appetite in the public for their brand of awful "mindgames." 

Wish they'd both pipe down and shut the **** up to be honest. Team of the 70s full of more hall of famers than you can shake a stick at, team of 05-12 multiple titles in a short span, wall to wall lions. 

Yeah, this current team in transition with a basket of injuries is the best ever, Eddie, because of some meaningless arbitrary winning streak and you'll be such a hero if you manage to beat them with Little Old England, never mind the fact you'll be the bookies favourite by a stretch. 

And we're "flying under the radar, nobody's watching us" despite every single team in the tournament being analysed and microanalysed for weeks in the build up and studiously between each match. 

Bore off both of you. 

I’m just ignoring the pair of em Taff ...  really looking forward to the game ...   and that’s all that matters ! ...   :)

Hope both teams are at their best and we’ll have a rugby feast !   

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Bore off both of you. 

Sadly we've got a fortnight of this shi te.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You're going to win. 

I'm going to become a recluse for the week. 

Ciao. 

lol ...   Here we go ! ...   you've been listening to Gatland too much Taff ! ...   nice try  ...     (No pun intended!).

No !  ...     you're going to win ! ...     and I'm Spartacus !     :)