Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
elvisfmcfly

Söyüncü

2 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Personally, I think he and Benkovic were brought in because we expected Maguire to leave - maybe I'm wrong about the timings of course, but I think that Soyuncu was expected to have to play a much bigger part alongside Evans, Morgan and Benkovic with maybe some of our young CBs, but Man U never came in with an acceptable offer and/or Maguire didn't force the issue a la Mahrez. I would like to see him given more of a look-in, I agree - but I don't think he's wasted the year. He'll be in training, learning English more, and getting to grips with Premier League football hopefully, and I'm assuming next year with Evans and Morgan both being pretty damn old that we'll see some combo of Soyuncu, Benkovic and Maguire should he still be here.

how on earth will he be getting to grips with premier league football when hes not playing first team football, not on the bench not even playing for the U23S I repeat no football for a year.Morgan is 35 we've nothing to play for, why is Morgan on the bench? 

• Like 1

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

how on earth will he be getting to grips with premier league football when hes not playing first team football, not on the bench not even playing for the U23S I repeat no football for a year.Morgan is 35 we've nothing to play for, why is Morgan on the bench? 

You are right that I'm probably being a tad too optimistic about his likelihood of featuring in the remaining games this season, but I think Morgan is getting phased out as we speak (though I'm sure people have said that about 5 different times in the past few years!) and I think Soyuncu will start coming into the squad more. The answer to your question is basically blind optimism which I understand isn't super compelling! lol

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

well it literally is like he hasn't played any football for a year! or you think 4 games is good enough in a year for a young developing footballer?

So he literally has played this year! That's encouraging. Thanks for digging up the stat.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Playing 4 games in LESS than a year (8 months, if that) is not LITERALLY... actually, just pause a moment.

(Sigh)

You can't be "literally like" anything. You either literally aren't or you literally are.

Good argument ? has he played anywhere near enough to not even better him as a player but maintain the level he was at? No he has not!

Edited by elvisfmcfly

Morgan is either in the starting lineup or on the bench. The reason for such is that whenever Claude decides to remove him from the team entirely, Wes pulls him aside, drops his pants, and reveals a majestic and sizeable 'Puel & Pals' tattoo sprawled across his thigh. Puel can't help but admire the artistry and quickly forgets why he removed Big Wes in the first place. Soyuncu needs to follow suit and get tatted up if he wants opportunities.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Being an armchair football manager is easy, bring a real one isn’t. Transitioning a team from one generation to the next is extremely tricky to do. Given the high nature stakes of the Premiership casting all of your older, experienced pros aside is a sure fire way to lose the dressing room and thus your job. Case in point, Thierry Henry lasted just 3 months as Monaco coach causing complete chaos. Among many of his questionable decisions was to make Tielemans his captain when Kamil Glik who turned down numerous chances to leave was cast aside. Henry also decided to move many of his older players into the reserves to make way for the young guns and was promptly sacked the same day. 

Soyuncu has been signed for the future. I think we can all agree that Wes Morgan’s best is behind him but binning him whilst being a manager under extreme pressure already is the equivalent of football suicide. 

Our current manager has given more young players their first start or sub appearance than any LCFC coach in recent history; Chilwell, Barnes, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Choudhury, Knight, etc. He’s also slowly but surely moved the older players on; Ulloa, Iborra, King, Silva, Slimani and is transitioning our club stalwarts like Fuchs, Okazaki and Simpson and likely Morgan too. I think it’s the one thing all fans agree that he has done well at. 

Soyuncu and Benkovic were brought primarily for the future and also with one eye on a mega bid from Man United for Harry Maguire. He’s already had a few games and will get more next season. 

We definitely paid a lot for two centre halves whom have made little impact for the club right now but it’s succesion planning for the next few years. So I think a little bit of patience is required before we see this player given a long run in the team. 

However, given what happened to Silva I can appreciate why any fan might be thinking we’ve signed another dud though!

I appreciate that but the 2 can’t be compared,Benkovic is out on loan playing week in week out devoloping his game in competitive football,Soyuncu isn’t playing any football really,if he’s one for the future he should be out  on loan also or at the very least playing for the U23s. My point is he’s not playing football.

• Like 1

We play boring football. We don't score enough. Our CM couldn't pass wind. Our wide players are inconsistent. Puel is crap at interviews..... There are PLENTY of legitimate  things that you can bitch about. A young player not getting into a defence that's in the top 5/6 in the league IS NOT one of them.  

• Like 1

What, so people are okay we've blew 20m on a kid who as far as I know hasn't even played u23 football this season let alone more than 300 mins of first team football (at a guess)? Yeah he wasn't going to walk into this side but the way our transfer policy has been the last few years I wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out on loan next season and then end up sodding off like Kramaric. Yeah great Puel gives youth a chance, this guy is young, so whats the issue with him?

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

What, so people are okay we've blew 20m on a kid who as far as I know hasn't even played u23 football this season let alone more than 300 mins of first team football (at a guess)? Yeah he wasn't going to walk into this side but the way our transfer policy has been the last few years I wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out on loan next season and then end up sodding off like Kramaric. Yeah great Puel gives youth a chance, this guy is young, so whats the issue with him?

Because clearly the manager, who sees him every day in training and evaluated his sporadic appearances in the side doesn't think he's up to it yet compared to his other options at the moment, simple as. Iheanacho cost 25m, should we replace Vardy with him just because of his price tag? Is it not just conceivable that they even knew this before they bought him and it's just the inability of some supporters that, if you think you have a great opportunity to buy for the future, you take it? In two seasons we may have a talented 40m player on our hands, but, he needs time and we've had, including Morgan, better options for particular reasons at this point in time and it is after all about trying to win matches. We'll no doubt see more of him next year if deemed good enough. Money and price tags have nothing to do with it. 

33 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Because clearly the manager, who sees him every day in training and evaluated his sporadic appearances in the side doesn't think he's up to it yet compared to his other options at the moment, simple as. Iheanacho cost 25m, should we replace Vardy with him just because of his price tag? Is it not just conceivable that they even knew this before they bought him and it's just the inability of some supporters that, if you think you have a great opportunity to buy for the future, you take it? In two seasons we may have a talented 40m player on our hands, but, he needs time and we've had, including Morgan, better options for particular reasons at this point in time and it is after all about trying to win matches. We'll no doubt see more of him next year if deemed good enough. Money and price tags have nothing to do with it. 

He aint going to improve if he doesn't play?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

So we bought this kid for the best part of 20 Million and we have just wasted a season of his career, how is he going to develop when he's not played for a year ,infact how is he not going to regress ? utter madness at this club on transfers.

Who would you drop? Wes hasn’t played recently, so McGuire? Evans?

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Who would you drop? Wes hasn’t played recently, so McGuire? Evans?

I think it would be a good idea to pair him with Maguire for the rest of the season, if he's not in our plans he should have been sent out on loan.Same happened with Silva he had no game time then when he was given a chance everyone expected him to be fully up to speed with his game, its just not realistic.

• Like 1

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

I think it would be a good idea to pair him with Maguire for the rest of the season, if he's not in our plans he should have been sent out on loan.Same happened with Silva he had no game time then when he was given a chance everyone expected him to be fully up to speed with his game, its just not realistic.

Think this is too simplistic a viewpoint. I know for some bizarre reason people dislike Puel, but this we do not see/know what the management team see during the training sessions. He could not go on loan, would leave us too short.

If we are talking about coulda/woulda/shoulda type arguments, for all we know, this slow deployment of Soyuncu might be part of an understood plan. Would be fairly natural to replace Wes and Johnny with them2 younger guys (Benkovic and Soyuncu) over time, not straight away.

But this part of people’s issue with Puel, they don’t get what he is doing what so therefore describe him as clueless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think this is too simplistic a viewpoint. I know for some bizarre reason people dislike Puel, but this we do not see/know what the management team see during the training sessions. He could not go on loan, would leave us too short.

If we are talking about coulda/woulda/shoulda type arguments, for all we know, this slow deployment of Soyuncu might be part of an understood plan. Would be fairly natural to replace Wes and Johnny with them2 younger guys (Benkovic and Soyuncu) over time, not straight away.

But this part of people’s issue with Puel, they don’t get what he is doing what so therefore describe him as clueless.

Ah whatever mate, players need to play football be it here or somewhere else you’re talking complete bollox. 

20 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Ah whatever mate, players need to play football be it here or somewhere else you’re talking complete bollox. 

:dunno: Not much I can say there I guess! Not much of a counter argument, but hey ho :)

Well all support City. Have a good day mate :scarf: