Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
elvisfmcfly

Söyüncü

7 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

He aint going to improve if he doesn't play?

And we're not going to win by blooding kids if they're not deemed ready. Particularly with our fans who have the patience of a gnat who will start booing if he doesn't manage a performance of Maldini heights. It will just be another excuse to barrack the manager but all the young players hear is booing. Puel has clearly proved that with Chilwell, Maddison , Choudhury and Barnes that if he thinks a young player is ready he'll play him so there clearly must be a reason. 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

And we're not going to win by blooding kids if they're not deemed ready. Particularly with our fans who have the patience of a gnat who will start booing if he doesn't manage a performance of Maldini heights. It will just be another excuse to barrack the manager but all the young players hear is booing. Puel has clearly proved that with Chilwell, Maddison , Choudhury and Barnes that if he thinks a young player is ready he'll play him so there clearly must be a reason. 

Oh I wish I’d thought on earlier in the thread (that I did not start) to suggest if he wasn’t going to play in the first team he should be sent out on loan or at least get some minutes for the u23s,anyone thinking that the amount of games he’s played this season is sufficient to keep a young prospect at the level he was at before he came here is deluded.

6 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Oh I wish I’d thought on earlier in the thread (that I did not start) to suggest if he wasn’t going to play in the first team he should be sent out on loan or at least get some minutes for the u23s,anyone thinking that the amount of games he’s played this season is sufficient to keep a young prospect at the level he was at before he came here is deluded.

I clearly don't know the answer to those things like most but presumably there's a reason as they were quite happy to send Benkovic out on loan. He supposedly had language and adjustment problems before and it just might be felt he's better off here training with his team mates and learning our ways. If he went somehere else he'd have to adjust again. I'm sure when a management and coaching team look at a new young player like Soyuncu they take a more holistic approach in both his physical and psychological needs. I'm reasonably confident that their qualified professional approach is likely to be better than our armchair football manager guesswork one, particularly as they see and talk to him every day. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

think thats our best partnership 100% just saying why hasnt he gone out on loan or something considering the investment made in him? 

Because he's the backup option.

If he went out on loan and one of Maguire/Evans got injured we're left with Morgan and no other backup at CB, which could be a recipe for disaster. Instead we've kept him at the club where he can settle into the country, learn the language, learn the playstyle at the club etc.

Do I think it's ideal? Not at all. He needs gametime to develop, after all. But its somewhat understandable. My personal preference would have been to swap Benkovic for Soyuncu in January. Or at least put him into the U23s for some match fitness.

And to add to @Babylon's point, it certainly seems like the old title-winners have an exaggerated level of influence at the club, so playing up to the club-captain for the last few months of his contract may be a wise move from Puel to keep some harmony within the squad.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He should be on the bench ahead of Morgan. Nothing against Wes but we need to integrate Soyuncu into matchday squads and use him if needed or opportunity arises. 

:appl:In one my friend. What is the point of Morgan on the bench?

No one really mentioned that Soyuncu can barely speak English in this thread. Shipping him off on loan would be no good for the integration and happiness of a young lad who has just moved to a new country. The day to day of being around the squad and getting to know them as friends cannot be underestimated. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

He should be on the bench ahead of Morgan. Nothing against Wes but we need to integrate Soyuncu into matchday squads and use him if needed or opportunity arises. 

....or you invite him for some pints into the High Cross Pub in Leicester.  :beer:

5 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Correct. Benkovic however, speaks great English.

When Wes and Harry move on, Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic are the 3, with whichever of the other youngsters breaks through the furthest next in line.

We have a good plan in place here and more people should realise what’s being put in place for the long term at our club. All 5 I’ve mentioned are full internationals (along with the rest of our defence, 2 of whom are starters for our own National team).

We’ve come a long way, and much of it is as a result of our reputation from winning the league, financial clout and some good forward thinking.

Guess what? Claude Puel has been a key contributor to a lot of this. 

Interesting. Sometimes nice to hear not all is doom and gloom, so thank you :)

Especially in the real world

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

When Wes and Harry move on, Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic are the 3, with whichever of the other youngsters breaks through the furthest next in line.

We have a good plan in place here and more people should realise what’s being put in place for the long term at our club. All 5 I’ve mentioned are full internationals (along with the rest of our defence, 2 of whom are starters for our own National team).

We’ve come a long way, and much of it is as a result of our reputation from winning the league, financial clout and some good forward thinking.

Can someone tell me where Maguire is going?

Is he really wanted by anyone in the top 6 for the fee we would want? Man United have other targets now. 

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Hey to be fair he's stayed 24 hours longer than you thought he might have yesterday! Might have managed to re-sell his dream! :) 

I was being ironic @LinekersApples but seriously wtf is going on? lol 

Edited by AjcW
Reacting to reaction...
  • Haha 1

I was just joining in with the idiocy yesterday. :blink:

Despite the result and poor finishing, that was one of our best performances of the season. Reviewing the game in sections earlier proved that.

I know many fans will disagree and say “its a results business” but that’s not necessarily true. It’s a performance business and repeated good performances eventually bring about results. This is a young squad, starting to perform. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

I was just joining in with the idiocy yesterday. :blink:

Despite the result and poor finishing, that was one of our best performances of the season. Reviewing the game in sections earlier proved that.

I know many fans will disagree and say “its a results business” but that’s not necessarily true. It’s a performance business and repeated good performances eventually bring about results. This is a young squad, starting to perform. 

Good to hear! Some of the football was excellent for sure. Just so frustrating not being able to take chances.